The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Past Contest Winners > 2004 ToTM Archive

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

December 73-87 Truck of the Month- Winner(s)!!!!

This is the final 73-87 Truck of The Month for 2004. It's only fitting that we end the year with a bang. This month ToTM had a tie between two very different trucks. Both trucks are very nice examples of two of the more common current trends in trucks.

Congratulations goes to DirtyLarry & Buddy Lee.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

DirtyLarry-

Here are the details-
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year : 1978
How long have you owned this truck?: Since 1996

History behind the truck:

When I purchased it in 1996 it had a small block 350, TH350 automatic, full time 203 tranfercase and typical ½ axles. Since then a 14 bolt FF, SM465 manual trans and NP205 transfercase as well as a new 454 HO have been added. TBI fuel injection, gears, lockers, 12,000 winch and topper are on the near future project list.

Chassis -
Suspension: 4” with ORD shackles

Brakes-
Front : Disc
Rear : Drum

Tires-
Front : Super Swamper Q78x16 (35.5 x 16)
Rear : Super Swamper Q78x16 (35.5 x 16)

Wheels-
Front : El Cheapo 16x7
Rear : El Cheapo 16x7

Rear end-
Ratio: 3.73 (YUK!…..4:88’s coming soon)
Dif. Type: 14 bolt full floater (Detroit locker and front limited slip coming soon with gear change)

Body-
Color Scheme: 1999 Pontiac Montana Quasar Blue (Painted in 1999)
Trim: Rhino Lined rockers

Interior-
Color : Gray
Material : Typical GM mouse fur
Steering wheel: 1994 C/K leather wrapped
Instrument Gauges: Stock

Engine-
Cubic Inch: 454 HO
Exhaust type: 2 ½ with faux Flowmasters

Transmission –
Type: SM465 4 speed

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-15-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Buddy Lee-

Here are the details-
Year : 1984
How long have you owned this truck?: 6 years

Chassis
Suspension- Bagged w/ 1/2" line, 1/2" Xtreme 450 valves(4), 5 Gallon Tanks(2), Viair 450s(2) All work done at Killer Ridez (Killerridez.com)
Front: Westren Chasis 2" Drop Spindles w/ Ekmw bag brakets, a pair of Slam Specialties bags and drop shocks
Rear : EKMW rear kit, stepnotch, 2 link bars, panhard bar, a pair of Slam Specialties bags and drop shocks

Brakes-
Front : Rotors (stock)
Rear : Drums (stock)

Tires-
Front : not sure of the brand..WHITE WALLS 15"
Rear : not sure of the brand..WHITE WALLS 15"

Wheels-
Front : Stock 15" Steel Wheels painted
Rear : Stock 15" Steel Wheels painted

Rear end-
Ratio: Stock
Dif. type: Stock

Body-
Color Scheme: John Deere Single Stage Flat Black, Shaved handles, tailgate handle, smoothed tailgate, shaved gas door(both of them) and relocated to inner bedside, shaved drip rail, shaved rear cab trim, shave side markers, smoothed bed rails, shaved mirrors... All work done at Killer Ridez (Killerridez.com)

Trim: Pin Striping by 'Internationally Known Almost Famous Dirty of Dallas'.. To date Dirty has pin stripped Nautical Stars w/13s and the Sinner and Saint on the tailgate. There will be more to come.

Interior-

Color : Black and Green
Material : Mexican Blanket
Upholsterer : My Brother
Steering wheel: Grant

Engine-
Cubic Inch: 350 4 bolt main
Valve Covers: 70 model Corvette chromed
Exhaust type: Shorty Style Headers, 2.5" exhaust to flowmasters dumped before rear end

Transmission
Automatic: Turbo 350, Shift Kit, Kevlar Clutch Bands and a TCI 'Saturday Night Special' Converter

Comments:

This truck has come along way and is no where close to even being done. The truck is in its current state because the acctual owner is in Japan! Thats right my brother owns this truck and he is in the Air Force and is stationed in Japan. He wanted the truck to start taking shape while he was gone and it progressed more than what he expected. So now we are at this state and will probably stay like this until he comes home, hopefully soon. Luckily he is the understanding brother he is and knows this truck can not just sit at home. So I take it out for the occassional cruise and drag! This truck is a blast to drive and rides so smooth and is so much fun to drive. I forgot how fun building trucks was until I got to roll this one down the hwy the first time. I made a peomise to him that when I started this project he would be very happy with it and he is. I hope everyone enjoys it and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask.....

More pics here

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-16-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
The Dude

congrats, nice lookin trucks there!
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
PRUNEDA
'87

Congratulations to both of them
PRUNEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:05 AM   #6
jesse977

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Buddy Lee-

Here are the details-
Year : 1984
How long have you owned this truck?: 6 years

Chassis
Suspension- Bagged w/ 1/2" line, 1/2" Xtreme 450 valves(4), 5 Gallon Tanks(2), Viair 450s(2) All work done at Killer Ridez (Killerridez.com)
Front: Westren Chasis 2" Drop Spindles w/ Ekmw bag brakets, a pair of Slam Specialties bags and drop shocks
Rear : EKMW rear kit, stepnotch, 2 link bars, panhard bar, a pair of Slam Specialties bags and drop shocks

Brakes-
Front : Rotors (stock)
Rear : Drums (stock)

Tires-
Front : not sure of the brand..WHITE WALLS 15"
Rear : not sure of the brand..WHITE WALLS 15"

Wheels-
Front : Stock 15" Steel Wheels painted
Rear : Stock 15" Steel Wheels painted

Rear end-
Ratio: Stock
Dif. type: Stock

Body-
Color Scheme: <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=john%20deere" onmouseover="window.status='John Deere'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">John Deere</a> Single Stage Flat Black, Shaved handles, tailgate handle, smoothed tailgate, shaved gas door(both of them) and relocated to inner bedside, shaved drip rail, shaved rear cab trim, shave side markers, smoothed <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=bed%20rails" onmouseover="window.status='bed rails'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">bed rails</a>, shaved mirrors... All work done at Killer Ridez (Killerridez.com)

Trim: Pin Striping by 'Internationally Known Almost Famous Dirty of Dallas'.. To date Dirty has pin stripped Nautical Stars w/13s and the Sinner and Saint on the tailgate. There will be more to come.

Interior-

Color : Black and Green
Material : Mexican Blanket
Upholsterer : My Brother
Steering wheel: Grant

Engine-
Cubic Inch: 350 4 bolt main
Valve Covers: 70 model Corvette chromed
Exhaust type: Shorty Style Headers, 2.5" exhaust to flowmasters dumped before rear end

Transmission
Automatic: Turbo 350, Shift Kit, Kevlar Clutch Bands and a TCI 'Saturday Night Special' Converter

Comments:

This truck has come along way and is no where close to even being done. The truck is in its current state because the acctual owner is in Japan! Thats right my brother owns this truck and he is in the <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=air%20force" onmouseover="window.status='Air Force'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Air Force</a> and is stationed in Japan. He wanted the truck to start taking shape while he was gone and it progressed more than what he expected. So now we are at this state and will probably stay like this until he comes home, hopefully soon. Luckily he is the understanding brother he is and knows this truck can not just sit at home. So I take it out for the occassional cruise and drag! This truck is a blast to drive and rides so smooth and is so much fun to drive. I forgot how fun building trucks was until I got to roll this one down the hwy the first time. I made a peomise to him that when I started this project he would be very happy with it and he is. I hope everyone enjoys it and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask.....

More pics here

WOW!!! You have to post more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jesse977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #7
Buddy Lee

Heres a better side shot.....
Attached Images

"when you just gotta have a KILLER ride!"
Buddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 PM   #8
SanitysBane

any shots of the interior, buddy lee?
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
Buddy Lee

Sorry guys been out of pocket during the holidays. I will try to get a couple more pics up soon.
"when you just gotta have a KILLER ride!"
Buddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:14 AM   #10
jesse977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
Heres a better side shot.....

Man your truck looks bad ass....If you can tell us a little more about your ride and post as many pics as you can. Also how did you get that flat black look. There are so many ways, just wondering how you did yours. Thanks, take care of that sweet ride.
jesse977 is offline   Reply With Quote