The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Couch
Daily Driver

got ripped off

so the 67 fleetside that i bought was supposed to have a .030 over 350 in it,balanced 4 bolt,pink rods and with forged trw's(which is why ive been spraying the engine im currently running as heavy as i have) i thought i had a better spare for when this one gave out on me. so i started the tear down the other night to make sure the bearing we're all cool and what not. got the heads off it to find out its bone stock.not a thing done to it. guess i shoulda checked it all out prior.only thing it had that the guy said it did was roller rockers and a gear drive. im really glad i didnt pay the guy in full and we worked out a payment plan. cause i just made the phone call to tell the guy he was burnt on the rest of the cash i owed him.i got a screaming deal in the first place and probably should pay him the full amount cause the truck alone is worth way more then i paid(1k).i gave him 500 and told him the deal was done. he didnt sound mad(like he expected this phone call sooner or later). im just happy i took care of the paperwork on it as early as i did.its already in my name.lol.sorry for the novel guys.just a little angry truck venting.

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
streetstar

Re: got ripped off

Pink rods don't look any different than stock cast rods at first glance - an easy thing to fib about i guess

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Pyrotechnic

Yeah if they can't produce receipts, then I wouldn't factor any kind of value for the motor over what a stock 350 is worth.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
70rs/ss

They do have that tell tale pink dot, but other than that, they are a stock rod. I never (even when I am selling) figure in engine costs, because retail on parts alone can double the "cost" of a vehicle. Sounds like it worked out, and unless the guy you bought it from built it, I wouldn't be too hard on him.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #5
Couch
Daily Driver

im not super mad over it,i still got a killer deal in my mind. a 67 swb fleetside running for $1000 and i only ended up paying $500 and he's cool with it,we talked on a lighter note and he said he was sorry for pulling that on me and he did have some other stuff if i was interested in still buying from him.so it all worked out.

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote