The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
oldman3

Re: Gonna put 5.3 in my S10

Hey Ray, take plenty of pics on install, so we can see frame clearance, exhaust, etc. Like the way it is looking....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Sburch5887

I can fIx the harness they cut into, I have a bunch of harness ends and know the harnesses inside and out, Even if they cut it in half.. I can also modify the harness to stand alone for you if you need, and add in a fuse box with the necessary fuses and relays you're going to need a lot cheaper than you can buy a harness from summit or painless. I am doing a swap on my 83 S-10, doing a 6.0 from an 03 Escalade only because it's an h.o. Motor 03-04. And a 4L60e trans.. Pretty simple swap, (ive done about 8 or 9 of these LS swaps in different old cars) i have not gotten to the part about the heater box yet, and ive got an a/c truck so im in for it looks like! Lemme know if I can help at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sburch5887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Indian113

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Hey Ray, take plenty of pics on install, so we can see frame clearance, exhaust, etc. Like the way it is looking....Jim
I can do that,This has been a lot more complicated than just putting a V8 in it! I think it's going to make a real fun DD-Hope it has enough git up and go to keep the Wife happy

My goal is to make it look like the 5.3 belongs in my engine compartment, not just thrown in!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Sburch5887

What kind of compressor did you use? Because the Delphi compressors are much more compact than the other type (I think delco) the way you can tell the difference is that the Delphi has 2 separate lines, bolted on separately the other kind had one big bulky block that have two lines that bolt on together with one bolt. I always use the Delphi type, I just know he other is bigger and bulkier. Just thought I would let you know that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sburch5887 is offline   Reply With Quote