The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
50Chevydad

Ignition wiring help

Hey y'all someone tried to Hotwire my 1950 3100 awhile ago and left all the wires and a bulb hanging out. I've got a wiring diagram but don't really know what to do with it. Never wrenched on a car, or dealt with electrical stuff any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

50Chevydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Ignition wiring help

A suggestion I can think of is trace where the loose wires lead back to whatever device they go to, and verify they are not spliced ends of the wrong colors. Once you verify they are indeed the original and correct colors as shown on your wiring diagram, follow the wiring diagram to wire them to the switch. You may be able to post in the 47-59 section asking if somebody could post a picture of the wiring attached to their switch, to use as a guide. If you have specific questions about a particular wire, write back with more details and more pictures, including a picture of the wiring diagram or link to where on the web you found the wiring diagram. You may have a local shop that is accustomed to working on classic vehicles that could help you out.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote