The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Russ.W.

Question Trying to ID a heater box.

G'day everyone. I own an Australian assembled RHD (right-hand drive) '67 Impala. Unfortunately, not all parts of RHD assembled Chev's are the same as on their US counterpart, and one of those parts is the heater box.

This same style box is used on 65-68 RHD Impala's, and I'm trying to figure out where it came from so I can buy the big replacement hose.

Done a bunch of Google image searches for every Impala between 63-68 to no avail. Done the same for local Holden cars during those years, and nada.

It'll be from another GM vehicle from around that time - not necessarily a full-size - could even be from a pickup. They kinda made a few cars in them years so it's kind of hard to think of them all.

RHD Impala's bodies/panels were made in the Canadian plant, so maybe it's from a Canadian GM car?

Can anybody help me out? Does anybody recognise it?

Thanks for your any and all help!

Cheers,
Russ
Russ.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Trying to ID a heater box.

Seems like I've seen something similar but darned if i can remember where.You might try looking closely for a part # on it.It may be behind or somethingso a mirror might be the ticket to see.IIRC it was a 1 ton or bigger I saw one like it on.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Russ.W.

Re: Trying to ID a heater box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Seems like I've seen something similar but darned if i can remember where.You might try looking closely for a part # on it.It may be behind or somethingso a mirror might be the ticket to see.IIRC it was a 1 ton or bigger I saw one like it on.
Thanks for the input. Tried looking for a part number. No luck yet. Might be on the inside.

You could be right on the truck part. Only other feedback I've had on another forum is it reminded someone of something from a Bedford truck.

The search continues.
Russ.W. is offline   Reply With Quote