The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #11
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
im slowly losing faith in holley...lately near evrything ive bought holley has made in china on it....
sucks about the polish job...i bet theyd look good black or similar to the intake...
Me too, Greg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Read through your project again, awesome. The chassis and wheels are nicely displayed, the engine is looking amazing. If not happy with the covers, like you said bead blast them except the script, maybe paint or powder coat charcoal to match the top cover. Orange or red over the script would look good too.....2 cents added..?Your Metal work is really nice...Makes my project look positively average.
Thanks! The covers have been bead blasted and will get silver powder coat next week. Will post pics when I get them back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Good lookin' stuff!
Thanks, Chip. I need to get down your way to see the truck progress. Your dad showed me some pics on Instagram the other day and it's looking great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
May I make a suggestion on the headers? Send them back and order some CSLS1 shortie headers from Sanderson. I have them on my LS and had absolutely no fitment issues...10 years ago and they are still great!
I may have to go that route. Ship date for the replacements from Summit have been pushed back to 8/30. Still don't know if they will fit any better. If I were to go to with the Sanderson headers, I'll need to wait for a Black Friday sale, though.

I haven't been posting thanks to my "work truck" fiasco. I took it in for inspection and the mechanic implied I should push it off a cliff and start over with something else. Never being one to shrink from a challenge, I proceeded to replace nearly all the front end components, shocks, the gutted parking brake assemblies, and assorted filters, belts and etc. At the same time I replaced the driver side door hinges and check strap along with the fender on that side. Beat the dents out of the door panel and painted it all. My color match sucks, but at least it works like new.

Once the truck was done and had tags, I got back on the '57. I'm rebuilding the lower part of the doors piece by homemade piece. In my spare time, I disassembled the Roadster Shop chassis and have it ready to go to Sure Coat this coming week.

I also got word the Performance Automatics 4L70E tranny will be delivered on Wednesday. That should be the final drivetrain component from Ohio Speed. The stainless trim is finished and the body shell is nearing completion. It should be finished with e-coating and ready for pickup in a week or so. Lots of things coming all together at once. Kathy has pretty well recovered from her final chemo treatment and is doing great. She starts four weeks of radiation on 9/3. We're ready to put all this in the rearview mirror.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote