The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
If you have not checked yet pull the sending unit/pickup out of the tank and see of the sock has collapsed and disintegrated, also inspect for rust, also check and replace the small length of hose directly below the tank under the cab, be sure to use fuel line.
actually the PO changed all of that, replaced the lines, and put in a new tank. I really hate having the in cab tank but its all brand new so Ill keep it that way for now. the Van has a big saddle tank that Im not sure will fit under the truck but when I swap in the Vortec I may see about getting rid of the in cab tank

On another note the truck left me stranded in town at the gas station yesterday. this time it would fire right up but as soon as I let off the key it would die. I finally got it to start after a little bit and it drove all the way home without a problem. As soon as I was in my driveway I jiggled the key in the ignition and it shut down, and would not start again. It would fire right away at the turn of the key then die as soon as I let off. so I would assume its safe to say the problem lies in my keyed ignition. Im going to pick one of those up this afternoon, unless someone thinks otherwise. its possible it could be the igniton module in the dist but I bought that all brand new less than a year ago, Its got all brand new HEI dist. coil, alt and volt regulator. I used to always carry spares of the distributor in my tool box cause you never know when the module will go out.
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote