The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
Jackson's Dad 64 C10

Trailing arms poly bushings - lots of extra space?

Wish I’d grabbed pics because I’m out of town... my son and I thrashed on the truck (1964 fleet side short bed) over the weekend and got all of our No Limit suspension goodies installed (Wide Ride IFS, rear shock/panhard bar relocation, air bags all around). I still need to start a build thread, but I keep forgetting to do it.

I replaced the trailing arm bushings with some Prothane polyurethane bushings from Brothers. Now there’s a big old gap between the trailing arm and the bracket. I know, I know, I should have just done a factory replacement rubber bushing and I would not be posting this... Curious to hear how others have addressed this. I’m thinking a stack of grade 8 washers on both sides to center the arm in the bracket and call it a day. I’m guessing that someone has turned some bushings to take up the space, but I don’t have access to a large. Any creative suggestions here, or am I on the right track?

Just realized this might post might be better in the suspension forum, but I’ll start here and go from there. Thanks!

Chris
Jackson's Dad 64 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote