The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #501
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Here is how I ran my o2 you can see the loom coming off the side laid it on top of the alternator wire.
Attached Images

RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #502
RodsGreen10

I ran the pressure side just how the stock line was and ran the feed line under it. I posted this before but here it is again.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #503
RodsGreen10

Mounted pressure side up front to head.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #504
RodsGreen10

Under heater hose up to the FiTech EFI.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #505
RodsGreen10

The main harness and the temp sensor harness and the secondary harness with ac fan 2 and nitrous. I ran down between intake and valve cover. I am still waiting on those clips so for now I just have the main and secondary zipped up on those 3 holes I posted back a couple pages.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #506
RodsGreen10

Now onto the main thing what do I think. Well I got it all done followed the start up procedure initial setup is easy peasy. Key on click click injectors priming crank crank crank. Key on wait click click injectors priming still nothing. No big deal it will start. So my son and I left cause we needed food we drove and got lunch came back (10min) key on injectors click click fired right up. Hmm o well it's running. I had to adjust the idle screw idle was low for my motor. Turned it off so the TPS would relearn. Let it idle and get to operating temp to see if fans would kick on a my settings I put in handle held. Bam dead nuts on. I am loving this!!! It was idling up and down I could tell it was learning fine tuning. So let go hammer on it haha. So I take it out for a 20 min drive. Perfect is all I can think of its perfect!! It drives better drives smoother sounds smoother. Sounds totally different I am loving this. Throttle is response is instant! Even tested out the ac it idled right up!! O forgot I messed with the setting already before I left the house I set my AFR what I wanted them at. Truck been on the dyno a few times so I know what my afr needs to be for max power. Click of a few buttons and done! And it was dead on after about 10 min. Got home turned it off started it again fired right up. Know with that being said. I need to find and make a adjustment on pump shot. I have a big cam and need more fuel shot into the intake to get it fired up on first lick. I can do that but can't find that setting right now. I have a email into Ken.
Now this is no BS. I was against EFI kits because I have had 2 before a Holley and MSD. I was not a fan of either. Holley had way to many wires ecu boxes to mount. It was over kill. MSD kept burning up the ecu. Got tired of that crap. So I am sold on the FiTech EFI. For the money the features the tunability and the simplicity of install. It is the best in the market IMO. I would not think twice about telling someone to spend $$ on the FiTech EFI. If you want one get it if you are thinking about just do it. You will love it. No BS is was worth every damn bit of my money!!!
I will post more as the week goes on. And more pics when I get them. If you all have more questions on the FiTech EFI or the install just ask I have no prob helping out.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #507
SCOTI

Been watching your progress. Glad to hear it went well & thanks for the thorough info you've shared. Been interested in this set-up for my 64 so this was good to follow.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #508
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Been watching your progress. Glad to hear it went well & thanks for the thorough info you've shared. Been interested in this set-up for my 64 so this was good to follow.
Thanks and anytime. Very happy with the setup. Need more drive time with it. Only put about 15 miles on it. Driving was varied.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #509
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbog View Post
Can't wait to see how everything turned out and how you plumbed it.
So far so good. What plumbing info would you like to know?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #510
tjsblazer

Just watched your video. Great sounding truck! What are you running for exhaust?
Did you end up using the timing control feature or not?

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:47 AM   #511
RodsGreen10

Thank you. I like the way it sounds myself. I am running headman mid length headers with a x pipe and Borla mufflers. It is 3" from header back.
No I didn't use timing control cause I have the big cap HEI. But from what I can see on the hand held it is doing what it should any changes I made it is doing what I set it to do. I am really pleased with the FiTech EFI!! I am going to get a data log today if it does not rain and read over the data log to verify everything.

So tjsblazer you going to get one for Christmas?!?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:50 AM   #512
RodsGreen10

Went out this morning turned the key over fired right up. Gotta love that!!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #513
RodsGreen10

Honestly this was about as simple of a install as you could have. Simple install and packed with features and at a affordable price. Why wouldn't you buy one?
Also I saw FiTech is releasing a multi port setup!!

Another thing me being me I like customer support. I like people who actually answer the phone listen and answer your questions. Either on the phone or email. Plus I like a company customer service that will BS a little with you on the phone get more on a personal level. Talking about vehicle and what not. Example of good customer service: I sent Ken a few emails about some setting and for some knowledge about the FiTech and the handheld. Even though he was at PRI the man emailed me back on the weekend!! Will Holley do that nope will MSD do that nope will FAST do that nope. Hell he was even traveling back from PRI to Cali and was emailing me between layovers at the the air port. Now that speaks volumes in my book. Great product Great customer service Great Price! What else can you ask for. This is not over guys I am going to keep posting about it. Good or Bad. But it's all good as of now!!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #514
RodsGreen10

This will never get old haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ELk...r#action=share

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 12-14-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:22 AM   #515
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsblazer View Post
Just watched your video. Great sounding truck! What are you running for exhaust?
Did you end up using the timing control feature or not?
But I am planning on buying a new dizzy. But have not decided on which kind. Idk if I want another HEI or the 2 wire with external coil. HEI I will just hook it up the way I have it but if I get the 2 wire I will let the FiTech control my timing. The only issue I am having is finding a hidden or clean place to mount the external coil. I don't want it on the firewall just does not look good IMO. So at this point idk.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #516
swampbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
So far so good. What plumbing info would you like to know?
I was just wondering how you ran the fuel lines to it but I seen the pictures you posted and seen how you did it.

Come this spring I plan on getting one.

I'm a newbie here and the only reason I joined this forum was to subscribe to this thread, so I hope you keep posting on how it's working for you. I joined a few other forums for the same reason even though I don't have the vehicles that those or this forum are for, I'm a Jeep CJ guy. I haven't read a bad thing about FiTech, yet. The only downside I have been hearing is the ECU is theirs and if (big if) they go under you'll be screwed if you have one. Other than that everyone seems to love this thing.
I know Holley is coming out with their Sniper this spring but for me that will be to late for me. I rather it be out for a month or so before I get it so I can see if it has any issues, kinda like how Holley had to do a new revision to their Truck Avenger carbs because of the off-idle stumble.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #517
RodsGreen10

Quote:
I was just wondering how you ran the fuel lines to it but I seen the pictures you posted and seen how you did it.

Come this spring I plan on getting one.

I'm a newbie here and the only reason I joined this forum was to subscribe to this thread, so I hope you keep posting on how it's working for you. I joined a few other forums for the same reason even though I don't have the vehicles that those or this forum are for, I'm a Jeep CJ guy. I haven't read a bad thing about FiTech, yet. The only downside I have been hearing is the ECU is theirs and if (big if) they go under you'll be screwed if you have one. Other than that everyone seems to love this thing.
I know Holley is coming out with their Sniper this spring but for me that will be to late for me. I rather it be out for a month or so before I get it so I can see if it has any issues, kinda like how Holley had to do a new revision to their Truck Avenger carbs because of the off-idle stumble.
It is all good! It does not matter the Internet and these forums are a major help for people. Good and bad lol. I have not read anything bad about FiTech myself but with saying that they have not been out on the market that long. I know Ken had another venture at this a while back but that company got bought out I read that on the Internet on a forum. I have not read anything bad about FiTech ECU directly cause it hasn't been on the market that long. I like the fact that they make the ECU so they actually know about it. I do know that the ecu mounted in the EFI bodies have had issues in the past mainly MSD I know that for sure. But MSD has got that fixed from what I have been told by my buddy who is in marketing for some of the major players in the go fast game. But like with anything time and technology make things better for all of us. And about them going under I don't see that happening. Hell they have won all kinds of awards at SEMA and PRI. You win at those shows and you are doing something good. Also they are bringing more stuff to market one big one is Multi Port injection. Also if Holley went to all the trouble to make a copy of another companies EFI kit well Holley was worried about it. The only thing I see happening with FiTech is one of the big dawgs trying to buy them out. I also know that they have tested these for over a year before bringing them to market that is not from FiTech that is from another person. So I feel confident that we will not see issues. No user error botched installs that can cause a issue or problem yes I can see that. If I didn't think the was the best on the market or going to cause me issues I wouldn't have wasted $1500 on it plus all the other **** I bought so it would be the way I wanted it. Plus have my wife botch at me cause I bought something else for my truck lol.

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 12-14-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #518
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Can you give a break down on costs, or at least a total cost to switch to EFI?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #519
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Can you give a break down on costs, or at least a total cost to switch to EFI?
Depends on which route you want to go. If you go the way I did.
FiTech EFI 8 $1495 shipped ( they have cheaper)
87 R10 tank "baffled" $94 shipped
87 R10 sending unit $78 shipped
Aeromotive Stealth GM pump $142 shipped (in tank)
Aeromotive Fuel Pump Relay $ 108 shipped (can use a electric fan relay)
-6 An Earls Ultra lite hose 20ft $154 shipped
Fuelab inline Filter $132 shipped
-6 An fittings $97 shipped
Aeroquip fuel hose clamps -6 an and -8 an $20 shipped
New air cleaner base $31 shipped
Various i.e. Heat shrink Butt connectors zip ties heat shrink wrap stuff like that $20

That's it now anyone can get this stuff and do the same!!
It can be done cheaper if you go with FiTech FCC or the inline pump kit they have.

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 12-14-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #520
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Depends on which route you want to go. If you go the way I did.
FiTech EFI 8 $1495 shipped ( they have cheaper)
87 R10 tank "baffled" $94 shipped
87 R10 sending unit $78 shipped
Aeromotive Stealth GM pump $142 shipped (in tank)
Aeromotive Fuel Pump Relay $ 108 shipped (can use a electric fan relay)
-6 An Earls Ultra lite hose 20ft $154 shipped
Fuelab inline Filter $132 shipped
-6 An fittings $97 shipped
Aeroquip fuel hose clamps -6 an and -8 an $20 shipped
New air cleaner base $31 shipped
Various i.e. Heat shrink Butt connectors zip ties heat shrink wrap stuff like that $20

That's it now anyone can get this stuff and do the same!!
It can be done cheaper if you go with FiTech FCC or the inline pump kit they have.
Excellent,... thanks for the detailed answer.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #521
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Excellent,... thanks for the detailed answer.
Anytime man. Just trying to help ppl out and giving them a idea what I did and what it cost me.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #522
swampbog

Quote:
Plus have my wife botch at me cause I bought something else for my truck lol.
Oh I know that one very well.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #523
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Oh I know that one very well.
Haha! They are all the same!
Old 12-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #524
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

It sure does sound good. Thanks for taking the time to post all the details of the install. I've been wondering about this kit, you took all the question marks out of the equation. Except for what distributor.lol It sounds like you're probably working on that part now.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #525
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
It sure does sound good. Thanks for taking the time to post all the details of the install. I've been wondering about this kit, you took all the question marks out of the equation. Except for what distributor.lol It sounds like you're probably working on that part now.
Thank you I appreciate that. Happy I could answer your questions. Right now I am running the big cap HEI the one with the coil in the top like almost everyone has. With no issues. I probably will just buy another HEI it is a cleaner install IMO. A HEI you have to curve it or with a 2 wire with external coil you have to lock it out and phase it. Either way you will still have to do adjustments on it. If it's running good and you have the HEI dialed in just hook it that way and be done. Lol I need to take my own advice. But to use all the bells and whistles of the FiTech EFI get a 2 wire or a CDI box.