The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #176
ZacharyDouglas1992

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Great story. Beautiful truck.

Two words:

"More" and "pictures".

Thank You, and more pictures will be arriving soon. This is all I currently had on me. I'll have to start a thread for it, as I slowly but surely do things to it. I have way too many irons in the fire, but there's a need at home for another vehicle (my younger brother) so i'm gonna get this one going and let him drive my 87.

This picture is actually almost a year old. It has since ditched the eagle wheels and odd mismatched sized tires. It will soon also lose the wood bed for a steel one. I dropped a tilt column and a distributor in it (the only things missing when I picked it up). changed oil,fuel, fired it up. Well, it sounded like a self destructing pinball machine. It has sat for almost a year (job required me to move for a special project). Finally today I got fed up with waiting. Ordered a crate 350 longblock this morning. That being said, I decided to move over to this part of the forum for some motivation!
1987 R10 TBI 350/700R4
2014 CRUZE 2.0 TURBO DIESEL
ZacharyDouglas1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #177
Elliot949
Dan Johnston

Found it in my Mom and Dads driveway...

This was then...

This is now...

And this was in-between when it was recovered from being stolen...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210

Last edited by Elliot949; 12-19-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #178
cpisani70@aol.com

So I have a 68 K-10 shortbed stepside project that was going nowhere fast and found my 71 C-20 here only I live in CT and the truck was in Nebraska! That's where this site comes in someone I didn't know/never met went and looked at it , told me exactly what it was his name on here is Boneyard and I can't thank him enough! Truck was shipped to me over 3 years ago and with nothing more than maintenance and rims from Sicklejoe I have had a daily driver that myself and my son love !
cpisani70@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #179
EdSevered

Haven't seen this thread for months. Really enjoyed getting caught up...courtesy bump.
EdSevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 AM   #180
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Time for a Bump ..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #181
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Early weekend bump

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #182
LPoole

Surprise surprise ! Right off of CL lol. Some kid was headed to college and needed money. Probably should have talked him down lower, probably should have looked around a bit more... but every time I open the door and see ol Black Betty sittin out in the drive I get this big ol dumb grin on my face. Love at first sight.
LPoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #183
Ozzy2013

My best friend passed away from cancer and had a sweet 68 GMC he was putting a big block 4 speed together for it .His wife asked me if i was interested in it and i jumped on it its my most prized possession im building it in tribute to him the way he wanted to.His name was Roy Vickery and he was one of the best men ive ever met !
Attached Images

Last edited by Ozzy2013; 05-15-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:10 AM   #184
HeavyD

I got mine from board member Hevy_chevy67. He bought a couple trucks for parts and he agreed to sell me the slime carcass.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #185
B_offill

First post here. A coworker was telling me about his long bed to short bed conversion and that he had another complete long bed truck. He then said if I could haul it away it was mine for free. I figured it had to be trash, but it isn't too bad. I've paid a lot more for worse,lol. I've had it for a week and am in the process of a short bed conversion. It will be a long term project but it's been fun already.
B_offill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #186
Mr Handy

I got mine in a trade. I'm a woodworker and was broke and out of work after college. A friend of mine had 2 70s and he asked me if I would build him a woodworking bench in trade for one of the trucks as he wanted a bench and I needed a truck.

I built him a bench that took first place in the Florida state fair furniture competition. I have been working on the truck ever sense. That was a little over 2 years ago.

Sense then a couple new trucks have made it into his stable.
Attached Images

Mr Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #187
Bladeboy1998

You've got quite the nice fleet there! Nice bench too!
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #188
CanadaClay

Hello All,
My name is Clay and I am very new to this site and a forum for that matter.
I love all the stories and I have one. Last December I heard rumor from a friend there was an absolutely original 1967 Chev K10 sitting in a shop at a dairy farm in central Alberta, Canada. I worked long and hard to find the owner and contact info. Well I did and 5 months later I brought the truck home. Its a 1967 K10, all original except dual exhaust and some chrome valve covers on the 283. The truck was ordered from a dealer in British Columbia and built in Oshawa Ontario. It is optioned with the V8, a 4 spd, manual hubs and a wooden box floor. The truck had been in the family since 1975 and it had a repaint about 10 years ago. There is not a dent on the truck or in the box, the original wood is still in the box. The drive train is all original and everything is numbers matching. She has never been cut, hacked or butchered, it is totally unmolested. I realize these trucks are rare its 1 of 2710, but really what is it worth, Any comments would be appreciated until I get the appraiser out.
Attached Images

CanadaClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #189
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Mine actually belonged to my best friend for a couple years before I bought it from him. We yarded it out of a field in Marysville, WA and he paid $800 bucks for it. It was listed on CL as a '73 GMC. But the pics in the ad were clearly the 67-72 body style. Couldn't see much of it with all the grass and briars growing around it.

So we made the 2 hour drive with a portable air compressor, a battery, a couple jacks and jack stands, 5 gallons of gas, some tools, and a weed eater. Once we cleared all the brush from around it we knew we had a "diamond in the rough" '72 GMC. My buddy paid the man, we got it running, and he drove it back home 2 hours.

It sat at his place as his plans to mess with it came to a halt. I then talked him in to selling it to me a year later for the same price he paid for it, and the rest is history!

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #190
sawyerrm

An old thread but some good stories
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #191
bigcat67gmc

Found mine while working for my in-laws auction business, spring of 2013. Scrape price was decent back then and noticed the two people bidding on it were scrappers, I couldn't let it go to them since it was road worthy yet, had current tabs. Drove it home that day for $450.00, but the owner couldn't find the title that day so the waiting game to began with the father in-law to get in contact with the owner after he moved to NV the day after the auction. Finally this past winter he was able to locate the previous owner and sent him the duplicate paper work and I now after waiting 3 years I have the title in my name with out spending money on doing a title search with the state. Have been driving it to work as of this spring/summer when ever my 5 year old son wants to ride in it.

It has no SPID on the glove box lid but per my research on the VIN it originally had the 305 V6 with 4 speed. It now has a 1975 Chevy 250 I6.

The other reason I bought it is my first official vehicle was a 1969 Chevy truck dad acquired from a customer since he couldn't pay his repair bill on another vehicle he fixed but after 6 months of driving it dad sold it to try and recoup his money and made me purchase a more reliable car.
Attached Images

bigcat67gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #192
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

I found mine through the forum classifieds section, it was in Joplin,MO. And was totally disassembled by the previous owner. My Son and I, rented a 17 foot U haul box van and spent the entire day (July 5th,2013) I doubt I could get him to do that again, it was probably 100+ degrees that day, and loading all those panels,drive train, cab and I got a parts truck with it, in fact, I had to rent a car trailer just to get everything home in one trip. Boy am I glad I had the extra funds and foresight to see that coming!
Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #193
Grumpy old man

I posted an ad in Craigslist 2 weeks before Christmas a few years ago

I want to buy your 1967 Chevy truck ,beat up , bent , unfinished project , Get CASH for Christmas TODAY !

I got 38 calls and bought more than a few short beds for less than $500.00 each . Now I can't even buy a rusty bed for that .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #194
TCCGRIZ

I truly believe that all mine (4 total now, 4 previous) found me.
TCCGRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #195
JWSmith

Craigslist

My dad died in April of 2012. In May, my daughter and I went to a car show 4 hours away to spend some time together and I saw a longbed very similar to one my dad had. I was about the same age as my daughter was when the old man had one. I've always been into mini-trucks, but decided to sell my s-10 and buy a c-10 and do a dedication build to my dad.

So sold the dime, and found a decent starter on craigslist, and the rest is history.
JWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #196
aod92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSmith View Post
Craigslist

My dad died in April of 2012. In May, my daughter and I went to a car show 4 hours away to spend some time together and I saw a longbed very similar to one my dad had. I was about the same age as my daughter was when the old man had one. I've always been into mini-trucks, but decided to sell my s-10 and buy a c-10 and do a dedication build to my dad.

So sold the dime, and found a decent starter on craigslist, and the rest is history.
That's an awesome reason to build a truck!
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:16 PM   #197
JWSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod92 View Post
That's an awesome reason to build a truck!
thanks!!!
JWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #198
In The Ten Ring

I got my truck from my dad.

Here is the story.

In 1972 (could have been 1971 I guess) mom and dad had a loan to buy their 2nd house. One day they went into town to buy groceries and dad spots this beautiful ochre stepside across the road at a small new car lot. Without telling mom (who he left in the store) he goes over, negotiates, and buys it on the spot.

That 1972, swb, ochre, 250 I6, 3 OTT stepside with spare tire on the side became his work and "haul stuff" truck for the next 20 years. *He said it was terrible in the snow though, even chains, weight, and half flat tires had no effect. I can remember lots of weekend trips in it, such as black berry picking, even him getting a load of coal dumped into the back at a strip mine. It's moved all of his kids at least once, dad never renting a Uhaul ever in his life.

He never took it to the shop, not even once, doing every ounce of work on it himself. In the 1980's he welded in his own replacement for the wood bed and he had it bondo'ed and painted in 1990 (after telling me he'd sold it. I was pissed! ) In 1992 he put power steering and power brakes onto it and I very vaguely recall one junkyard trip for that. I think the power brake booster came off an old Nova.

I started driving it some in 1991 and it was my "go to" date vehicle in high school. A bench seat, column shifter, and relatively short girlfriend made for great parking sessions. Why anyone would want bucket seats in a vehicle I will never know.

My older brother had given my parents a whole lot of trouble with drugs, smoking, drinking, etc. Dad tried physical means such as beating him half to death and making his eat an entire pack of cigarettes. Nothing could stop my brother (up for a double lung transplant now---guys, don't smoke).

Dad decided to try something else with me. So when I was 12, dad offered me a deal. He said, "son, beating your brother half to death didn't work, he still smokes and drinks. If you can make it to 21 and never drink, smoke, do drugs, smoke pot, dip snuff, or chew tobacco I will give you the choice of this Walther P38 (he had it in his hand at that moment) and my 1972 truck."

Well, I made it to 21 having never needing to lie to dad. I ended up with all of dad's guns (he didn't have very many but the P38 is amazing) and the truck. I still don't do drugs, chew, dip, or smoke but I have been drunk a few times. Even that I haven't done since 2010. At the most I'll have a malt beverage or mixed drink if out at a nice restaurant, but no more than one or two.

I didn't have a use for a truck in college or after.....so my truck has basically sat in a garage since 1994. That's why I had to join the site, to figure out how to fix it!

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 06-10-2016 at 07:22 AM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #199
C10agent

Great story!! I love the truck stayed in the family, congrats!!
20" American Racing Daytonas
IG - neilioustx - pictures of build/progress

Born and Raised in the Promised Land....
TEXAS Y'ALL!!
C10agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #200
67swb72klb

Newspapers,knocking on doors,car lots,back of car lots,side of the road,friends,and lately Craigs list