The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #201
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Bump

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #202
LongBox

Three days a week, I ride my bike to the gym to do a workout. Coming back, I try to take a different route each day. On one ride, I noticed this GMC sitting on a parking pad behind an old house. It had collector vehicle plates, and was in really fantastic original condition. '

I made a point of riding by there every once in a while, and one day, I saw a woman standing near the truck. I stopped, and told her it was a nice old truck, and was it hers. She said it had been her dad's but that he had died. I asked her if it was for sale, and she said yes. I went home, came back in my truck and made sure the engine would turn over. It did, and we made a deal right there.

I had a 71 in the 70s, and always regretted selling it, so was really glad to get this 69. It is so totally original that it amazes me, and it's truly a "grandpa truck, hardly any options, just the 350 and the auto trans. Manual steering and brakes, not even a cig lighter. At least it has a nice two-tone paint scheme, dark green and white. I will post pictures sooner than later.

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #203
OregonNed

I had posted previously I found mine in Fruitland, ID - I definitely remember the drive home after a long drive to get it....
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2016, 01:44 AM   #204
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

See where the van is parked on the corner of this lot? Picture a 71 Chevy there in 1989. I'll have to drag the paper work out, because today may be the anniversary. I know it was late September:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1714...7i13312!8i6656
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:46 AM   #205
cblock

I came across mine in a Craigslist ad in tijuana Mexico.

Last edited by cblock; 09-28-2016 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Ditch it twice
cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:06 AM   #206
cblock

I came across mine on a craigslist ad in tijuana Mexico, and since I only live 5 miles from the border that was not an inconvenience for me. The ones I had seen here in San Diego County were either beyond repair or out of my budget. The truck sat under a carport for 14 years , it had California plates but had not been registered in those 14 years. The owner had passed away and his son was selling his belongings, the first thing he sold was a 65 chevy truck swb and also had a 66 impala station wagon for sale. We agreed on a price of an even $1000. He told me his dad started the truck every couple of months and drove it around the block. The rear brakes were frozen but after loosening them I was actually able to drive it home.since then I've installed a 700r4 tranny and right now it is in the process of getting a 5.7 vortec motor. It's a 71 c10 longbed and my plans are to just get a decent, reliable truck that I can drive a couple times a week.
cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #207
JustToxic

I was filling in for our parts driver and happen to see the truck at a wholesale customers place. Took a look at it, solid body 1967 C20 Long bed. Guy had the story to go with the truck. I'm the 3rd owner of it. So the farmer bought the truck new from the local dealership, used the truck as the nice going to town truck until about 1985 when the radiator blew and he parked it in his barn. Guy I bought it from found it in 2012 while helping the old man clean up before they sold the land. Bought it from him and parked it on asphalt behind his bodyshop until this past spring when I came along and picked it up. Some low life stole the hood off the truck and a few other items (non of importance) and of course some one left the window down on it from 2012 till I got it and a few raccoons had their way with the interior. I got the truck home and started messing with it, so far I found out the factory 327 was replaced with a late 70's 350, still has original 4 speed. Truck is stock, no mods, original paint, great template to start with. End of October I normally slow down, so I'll really get to dig into this truck.
Attached Images

1971 Chevy C20 Custom Camper LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=763775
JustToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #208
hewittca

My truck showed up on my local CL one day during my daily search. It was being sold by the widower of the owner for the last 16 years. It was at a great price but the truck didn't run and I didn't know what was wrong with it upon initial inspection. The body was in excellent shape though so I desperately wanted it. One problem though, I had a Beetle I was trying to sell which was holding all my play money for ransom. Unfortunately I had to pass on it.

Fast forward 4 months, and there's the truck again, now listed on CL in a town 3 hours away! The price was a few grand higher this time, but the truck ran now and it had some nice 8" steel wheels on it. Of course I wanted it even more now and I would not let it get away this time. One pesky problem persisted though, that Beetle was still hanging around! As fate would have it, someone called the next day and said they wanted the Beetle and wanted to come out that night to pick it up. Best of all, they offered to pay asking price... which was the exact same price for the truck, score! I sold the Beetle that night, and headed out to pick the truck up the next morning. The truck turned out to be everything I hoped for. Here it is after a quick wash and putting it straight to work.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #209
plastercracker

found mine here in the trucks for sale. i couldn't contact the member cause i wasn't a member. i signed up but it was forever to be a member. the truck location was nc so i checked Charlotte cl and there it was. u ship delivered to my door in pa for 275.00 and i will never sell this one.
plastercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #210
RonG

Los Angeles Craigslist. Was looking for a C10 wide short bed due to CA prices...the last C10 short step I looked at was 8k and had wires hanging, all chrome painted black, opened pass door and looked at the street. It was only good for a bare frame rebuild. Pass. Then saw a '69 C10 short step about an hours drive in Sierra Madre. Looked, drove, talked and bought. Never been happier. My search covered about nine months and eight or nine wasted trips around South CA.
RonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #211
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Saturday Morning Bump...

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #212
el_fantasma

Interesting thread Already Gone, thanks for posting. Found mine on ebay which turned out to be owned by forum member ChevyLand. On the day I was going to look at it I got hit by a truck on my bicycle and broke my arm. Went up a few weeks later with my arm still in a cast. Took this picture on the way home.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #213
Jim70Chevy

Was looking for a replacement to the cut up 72 that I had when a friend of mine saw a listing on CL for a single owner 70 long bed (AC, PB, PS) that had been sitting in a field for 10+ years. It was buy "as is" including 4 flat tires, a bed full of trash and a ton of critters.
Attached Images

My build 1970 Longbed CST/10
Jim70Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #214
FRCvette

I had been looking for 67-72 C10 step side or short fleet for some. The Wife ane I had a vacation planned for Smokey Mountains for a week this past Oct. I looked craigs list for trucks within 100 mile drive of Gatlinburg. Bought my 70 step side in Knoxville. Needs a few things but very happy so far.

1967 c10 swb Stepside
2004 SSR
2013 Silverado swb
FRCvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #215
DarkFlounder

I had been looking for a longbed fleetside 4x4 for a few months. Found my 72 K2500 on Craigslist. Solid running gear, destroyed bed and drivers door, typical rust (rockers,floor,cab corners). Been a very reliable daily driver for the past two years. Only real breakdown was a failed alternator.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #216
ranger danger

I live in central Calif. I found my Suburban on craigslist after searching for about a year. It was located in central Washington. I have a brother in law who lives about an hour away. He agreed to go look it over for me. After talking with him and looking at extra pics from the PO, on a Tuesday, I transferred some money to the PO's account. On Wednesday, I UPS'd a box of supplies (tools, extra cloths, sleeping bag etc.) to the PO and on Saturday am, I flew up to get it. He met me at the airport with it. I took it straight to a gas station for fuel and inspection. I went to Walmart and got a small ice chest, ice, food and drinks and began the drive home. I left Wash. at about 1 pm and got home about 7 am on Sunday. With the single exception of a problem with the gas tank filler tube, I had no issues. As for the filler tube, it turned out the flex line was pinched nearly closed. It took forever to fill the tank.
Attached Images

US Navy 1979-1983 Gunners Mate Guns (GMG)
NRA Life Member

Unrestrained Children in back seats cause Accidents.
Unrestrained Accidents in back seats cause Children.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #217
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

me and a buddy were out looking for parts at wrecking yards and as i was driving through rio vista ca i spotted the 72 super 4x4 parked at the ace hardware store, i made a comment to my buddy about the rarity of the truck so i turned around and went back. we waited for the owner to come out and i ended up buying it on the spot.
my suburban was on craigslist sort of, a guy was looking for a 2wd suburban frame and i ended up trading my 72 suburban 2wd straight across.
the 72 GMC 3500 was given to me when a neighbor sold his house and needed it gone quickly. it will be going to a new home in a couple weeks, hopefully. i took a few parts off it and gave it to a good friend of my family that want to make a service truck for his farming operation.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #218
Myoldtruck

Ive always been a full size van person since high school. So after our last son was driving and our middle son needed a work van. I sold the middle son my full size e150 cheap. This left a need for a new tow vehicle, Ive never owned a pickup truck. So I find my 70 c10 on CL about 3hrs away, running and driving somewhat, with a bunch of new parts in boxes. Its been a long year but the truck is running good now after alot of time and parts.
Attached Images

Myoldtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #219
MagmaJct

My grandparents lived in northern California. As a child, I live in San Diego. Mom would take my brothers and I up to northern California twice a year to visit.

My grandfather was considered legally blind, and my grandmother had never driven in her life. My mom would start the truck up, and drive it to places while we visited. I still remember the smell of the interior to this day, along with the smell of the garage!

My grandfather passed away in the early 90s. My grandmother passed away around 2000. As a child, I always wanted that truck. I asked my mom if I could have it. But my uncle insisted he get it. This upset me greatly, because he'd earlier acquired my grandparent's Cadillac (early 80s) which was barely driven. He turned around and sold it for the money.

Also, he already owned a 68 or 69 C10. What possible reason did he have for wanting a 71 C10? He got the truck. A few years later, he offered to sell it to me for $3,000. I didn't have the money, and there wes no hope of getting it. I resigned myself to the fact I'd never see that truck again. I made peace with that fact.

A few more years passed. My mom called me. She told me my uncle had died. It was a solemn moment. After a few seconds had passed, she said: "So, do you still want the truck?" To which I responded: "Well, at the risk of sounding like I'm not bothered by his death, yeah!"

That was over 10 years ago. Sadly, he got rid of the camper shell (pictured in my avatar as I write this.) I still keep a keen eye out for a similar shell.

The C10 and the Super Beetle run, the Fastback is just not there yet!

Please visit my Super Beetle and Fastback profile on TheSamba.
MagmaJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #220
rustytruck50

I found mine on Lincoln, Nebraska Craigslist this past June....it looked pretty decent in the pictures and had been listed for about a month, which kinda worried me. I took the chance and drove out to a farm clear off the beaten path (probably the reason it was on for so long). It was parked in a old open front shed with a tractor and hadnt moved in quite awhile. Some fresh gas and it fired right up & ran like a top for the 50 mile trip home.

'05 RCSB Sierra 2WD
'71 Sierra 2WD Longbed
'98 Silverado K1500 Xcab...sold
'72 Highlander"Raymond"...sold
rustytruck50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #221
mild68

Cool thread.
I found my 68 in Daytona Florida while on a trip. We went to the Turkey Run. Huge car show, car sale and swap meet. I was looking for a Chevelle wagon. Didn't find one, and if I did I realized I could afford one.
I saw a 68 C10. I though cool a 68, since I have a 68 Chevelle. It wasn't a super nice truck. Just what I wanted though, something decent to do a 5.3 swap.
I left it over night outside the track, hoping it wouldn't get stolen. It was still there the next day. Drove it 40 miles or so to Titusville, where a friend had a house. The plan was to leave it there until we could come back after Christmas. Went back after Christmas for New years. Tried to tow it home to Illinois w a dolly. That was rather sketchy. We decided to leave it in Ormond Beach, Florida, only an hour away from Titusville, at another friends. It stayed there until I decided to have it transported to Illinois.
It finally got to Illinois.
I haven't done anything with it for nearly seven months. I found a frame on craigslist. I disassembled it. It's painted now. I have new suspension for it, including dropped spindles and disc brakes.
I also found a 6.0L and 4L80e on craigslist. The motor is cleaned an painted now too.
The plan is to get motor and frame together and switch the body over.

mild68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #222
ARCTICFRONTIER

Mine came up on Kijiji. It was originally my wife's uncles truck that he sold a couple of years ago. I always joked that I was going to buy it off him and although I didn't get it directly for him, I still ended up with it!
ARCTICFRONTIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #223
70cst

http://www.mikesrebuildables.com/

I have been on this board as I enjoyed the mid 50's Chevy 1/2 ton trucks. My dad had a 54 that I foolishly sold. So I was hoping to eventually purchase another mid 50's truck.

At the same time I liked the looks of the 67-72 series trucks so I was somewhat familiar with these trucks. I was staying the night in Lebanon Tn. and I was always getting the Truck Trader as soon as it was on the news stand.
This particular day as I picked up the latest edition - I saw the "ad" - for a 1970 Chevy Truck - 1/2 ton with a BB402, AC, Buckets, Automatic, etc. I was on the phone and that afternoon I was there before they closed.

Once there I saw it was a number matching BB truck with factory AC etc. The cab was in good condition but the bed was toast. I paid a little over $2000 back in 2001. And now you know.
Attached Images

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #224
BAWAlex

I found my '66 Long Stepside (231, 4 on the floor) in the Classified section of the newspaper. (You know, the newspaper. Sort of like CraigsList, but without the "Search" option.) Turned out it belonged to the husband of my Mom's best friend's daughter. Paid $800 in 1978 and drove it for 20 years. Then I let my 16 year old daughter drive it. Almost 20 years later, it is still "on the list." Sure am glad "patina" has become popular.

I traded my John Deere tractor to my ex-husband for my '71 LWB (307, 3 on the tree). He needed the tractor worse than I did, and I needed the truck worse than he did, so it worked out. Not exactly a show truck, but it hauls trash with the best of 'em. And, yes, it does have a tailgate.

I custom ordered a 2010 Camaro 2SS with all the bells and whistles. It arrived just before Christmas 2010. My husband drove it to work the day before Thanksgiving 2011 and got run over by an 18-wheeler. No mo' Camaro. Husband had a few bumps and bruises, but was fine. I cried every time I saw a Camaro cruising down the street. So, I sold my 2001 Toyota Avalon and bought the 2011 LT as my daily driver. It's not the 2SS, but I don't cry anymore. (I realize this goes on a different site, but . . . just FYI.)
Attached Images

================================
"I did it, and I can't undo it." Louise
BAWAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #225
71threequarterton

Found mine this past summer. I was looking in a bunch of different places and found it on ebay. Ran into some serious hassles getting the funding to clear through normal ebay and paypal channels but it turned out that the guy I bought it from lives up in central CA by my Mom so I was able to drive up, pay cash and visit my Mom and show off the new truck

I haven't done much to it yet.
Attached Images

71 Chevrolet C20
94 GMC Yukon 4x4

71threequarterton is offline   Reply With Quote