The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #26
clemsonteg

Re: Project 72 Shades of Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonham27 View Post
complete porterbuilt kit Clemsonteg
Thanks. The notch and TB mount were throwing me off. I haven't see the rounded notch from them before or that particular mount. Must be part of one of their other kits.
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #27
Hart_Rod

Sweet build! What are you planning for rear tubz? Obviously you do awesome metal work and can build them yourself, but if you're looking to save some time, check out my rear tubs:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676606

EDIT: Looked over your posts again and noticed the picture showing the bed floor at stock height. Let me know if you have any questions about the hood brackets.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 09-29-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #28
tbonham27

project update... still trying to wrap up the construction and mods on the bed assy... the majority is fit and prepped to weld....

Does anyone have any alternative ideas to using the carriage bolts to build the assy?? seen anything,,, know of good quality hardware ect?
Attached Images

tbonham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #29
tbonham27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Sweet build! What are you planning for rear tubz? Obviously you do awesome metal work and can build them yourself, but if you're looking to save some time, check out my rear tubs:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676606

EDIT: Looked over your posts again and noticed the picture showing the bed floor at stock height. Let me know if you have any questions about the hood brackets.
I will check the tubs out... I was planning on mating 4 factory ones up to keep the look.. I also want to purchase the cowl hinge hood plates for more adjustments ..my hinges are 8 weeks out... Just curious In the pic..why all the bolts to secure it? Id would like to go for smoother look somehow.

my facebook page for this build gets more updates and detail.. the name is 72 shades of gray c-10 build

Im ready to purchase those hood hinge adj plates .
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #30
tbonham27

Quote:
I will check the tubs out... I was planning on mating 4 factory ones up to keep the look.. I also want to purchase the cowl hinge hood plates for more adjustments ..my hinges are 8 weeks out... Just curious In the pic..why all the bolts to secure it? Id would like to go for smoother look somehow.

my facebook page for this build gets more updates and detail.. the name is 72 shades of gray c-10 build

Im ready to purchase those hood hinge adj plates .
The bed floor is sitting 3 inches above normal I promise.. its sitting on a 3 inch lift kit to offset.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #31
tbonham27

project update

still working on getting all the inner structure for the raised floor assy together.. welded the inners back on the outers and have the wheel house extensions/ outer wheel houses done and in primer.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #32
cooperhw

Looking good.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #33
jus2qwk

Looks good!
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #34
tbonham27

project update.... just finished mating up, fitting, and tacking up the first extended factory wheel well.. have something special in mind to replace all the carriage bolts in the bed assy.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #35
blake's first

Quote:
project update.... just finished mating up, fitting, and tacking up the first extended factory wheel well.. have something special in mind to replace all the carriage bolts in the bed assy.
This is how we did the rear it's just a pieces out of an old bedside so it can fit in there really nice and then the inter fenders bolt upward. Worked out well may save you some time on your next one if you have an old bed to cut up...Name:  image.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  41.0 KB
blake's first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #36
blake's first

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  30.9 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake's first View Post
this is how we did the rear it's just a pieces out of an old bedside so it can fit in there really nice and then the inter fenders bolt upward. Worked out well may save you some time on your next one if you have an old bed to cut up...Attachment 1454967
blake's first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #37
tbonham27

Project update ,,,,

The raised floor bed assy is fit and welded to the point it can be put on the stand...final skim coating needed on majority of it...underside needs some detail work as well as fir and finish on the tailgate....currently working on getting everything from the bed forward lined out and mocked up.. And all gaps perfected. Then. Confirming zero issues with alignment front to rear before frame slides out for blast and PC,.

Went with the porterbuilt cowl mount hood hinge system and oversize tubs..putting this build on overdrive now...chassis expected complete with drive train before I can wrap up the mudwork and mods to the body...
Old 11-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #38
tbonham27

project update..

the bed assy is welded up in final position, there is some final fitting to be done in with the tailgate gaps ect. and the underside needs to be dressed up and prepped. Trying to get everything from the rear cab forward aligned for final fit, slipping the chassis out for blasting.
The porterbuilt cowl mount hinges proved to be a little challenging considering the firewall was modified with different hinge system planned. the TUBZ are nice but aren't playing that way in regards to fit. Any advice or suggestions from those experienced are welcome. I am really curious about how others have approached painting and assembly with these tubs and metal finish panels... thanks.

Has anyone had success with eliminating the hood hinge bolts (shaving them) and welding the strut bracket, either whole or partial?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #39
tbonham27

pics
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #40
tbonham27

more
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #41
67cheby
67cheby

Looking great any other questions feel free to call me anytime 1-479-599-9664
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #42
Hart_Rod

Quote:
project update..

the bed assy is welded up in final position, there is some final fitting to be done in with the tailgate gaps ect. and the underside needs to be dressed up and prepped. Trying to get everything from the rear cab forward aligned for final fit, slipping the chassis out for blasting.
The porterbuilt cowl mount hinges proved to be a little challenging considering the firewall was modified with different hinge system planned. the TUBZ are nice but aren't playing that way in regards to fit. Any advice or suggestions from those experienced are welcome. I am really curious about how others have approached painting and assembly with these tubs and metal finish panels... thanks.

Has anyone had success with eliminating the hood hinge bolts (shaving them) and welding the strut bracket, either whole or partial?
Did you already weld the PB brackets to the hood? I sell hood brackets that bolt on and allow you some side to side adjustment with the rest of the PB hood hinge kit.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679945
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote