The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
swyfor5

Re: Custom bumpers

Ok, gonna start listening to you. I have been waiting since Sunday to hear from him. I get a e-mail today that simply say's-Order# and Name please? Excuse me, but that ain't right! I e-mailed him right back with a whole bunch of stuff, but I'm getting postage setup on the cc dispute packet! Enough is enough!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
swyfor5

Gentelmen, please do not buy from KENNESAW MOUNTAIN ACC! I hate to say that, but my experience so far has been a bad one! Even if they make my deal right now, I am not happy! $859.00 in a bumper that I have to cut, bend, reweld, repaint, etc. That is not the way to make CUSTOMERS happy, or attract new customers! When this deal with them is over, I will lead the charge into a full fledge war with this company! Anybody looking to join?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
turp mcspray

Glad to hear your making some progress!
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
swyfor5

Thank's guy's. I wish I could call it "progress", but I can't work on it where it is currently stored. I just took the bumper out there and made sure it looked like it would fit. I sure didn't want to have to go back and deal with KNMTN again!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
rads42

I just read this thread start to finish, let me say...you are one patient guy. I was getting all riled up just reading this thread! Anyway about two weeks ago I sent an email to Kennesaw inquiring about a rear bumper (got a very quick reply by the way) and I was seriously considering buying it. However after reading this thread I wouldn't consider buying from them. So there's one sale lost for sure because of their piss poor customer service. I'm sure there will be many more as people read this. Good luck with your project!
rads42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
swyfor5

Thank's rad. I also got real quick responses early on. I have been married 22 years, three daughters later, I have developed "some" patience. Just a good thing I wasen't on a deadline to get this bumper installed! Sure am ready to start into my project again though! I have been asking for custom rear bumper ideas and pic's, but not a whole lot of stuff for our 1st. gens showing up. Anything new out there guy's?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Chevyman63
Can't wait to retire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyfor5 View Post
Thank's rad. I also got real quick responses early on. I have been married 22 years, three daughters later, I have developed "some" patience. Just a good thing I wasen't on a deadline to get this bumper installed! Sure am ready to start into my project again though! I have been asking for custom rear bumper ideas and pic's, but not a whole lot of stuff for our 1st. gens showing up. Anything new out there guy's?
Hang in there swyfor5, things slow down a bit on the board from time to time, especially in the summer months. I'm sure it won't be long before the ideas and pics start showing up.

2009 4x4 Chevy Crew Cab 6.0
1989 4x4 Siverado (270,000 miles)
1972 4x4 Blazer
2007 Chevy Cutaway 1 ton
1970 Corvette (sons project)

RIP
- CLR 10/11/09
Chevyman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rads42 View Post
Anyway about two weeks ago I sent an email to Kennesaw inquiring about a rear bumper (got a very quick reply by the way) and I was seriously considering buying it. However after reading this thread I wouldn't consider buying from them.

Glad you figured it out early on, Kennesaw has a rather long history of exactly this sort of thing.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
swyfor5

Are you listening KNMTN? Ha, Ha!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
mclairmo

Just read this entire thread and that was a lot of money for someting that you had to redo. Yu are very nice. I would have demanded all my money back or I would have sued his A$$. Any updates? Are the new tubes welded up? I bought a similar bumper that was on a 75 K10 for $50 used and will cut it up to make it work on my 68 C10. Would like to see yours all done.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
swyfor5

No, nothing new here. Got a buddy at work ready to weld up, but just don't have work space right now. Thank's for following the thread, it's been a long road to get this far! Still looking for new ideas for the custom rear bumpers. Would really help me out here, and whoa, kick this thread in the @ss!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
Burt4x4

Wassssuuup

For your rear bumper are you going to have a swing out tire carrier? I can't remember if you said so or not?
Anyway if you are, I recomend using this spindal, it can carry the entire weight of your carrier.

The one I used was rated @ 1K Lbs, it's basically a trailer spindal.
My 4xclub's website is down so I cannot post pics of my setup right now.
The main part of my bumper is 3"x8"x6' square tubing. \ cut the left then /cut the right. Before you cap the tubing you can weld up the spindal & frame mounts inside & out.
Anyway food for thought
Burt

Last edited by Burt4x4; 09-11-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Burt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
swyfor5

Right on Burt. I have absorbed every piece of info from you so far! Thank's for all the help, I really like your rear bumper setup. Any more info on that spindle setup would be cool, as I do plan on the spare carrier. Before you gave me some info on the design, But I'm a little slow! Got a good welder friend, so just need to decide how I want it to look and function. Thank's again for all the advice!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
swyfor5

Burt, where did you get that spindle for the carrier? Thinking that looks like the way to go and could use a link to find the parts. Any more info would be great! Thank's, Bryan.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #15
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

bump

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
swyfor5

Wow, surprised to see this thread. In my typical fashion, I still don't have a rear bumper fabbed up yet! Hopefully this summer is my summer for major progress. Anybody got any new ideas?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #17
abigaillozano
Account Suspended

Hi there! It's the first time I ever saw this many different attachments and looks for bumpers! Do you guys do this by yourselves? Do you have some step by step tutorials on how to do this?

Thanks!