The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
1774btcrew

My input after installing the new CPP steering box

Well a little over a month ago I asked here on the board about the CPP boxes and seeing if anyone had used one in a squarebody. I didn't find anyone that had but did get some input on them in other vehicles. I had planned on buying one anyway so I pulled the trigger.
From the beginning, I had my doubts about their customer service. When the steering box arrived, I excitedly opened the box to only be disappointed. They had mistakenly sent me a G Body steering box instead of the c10 one I had ordered. I contacted them and they had the correct steering box to me within 2 days. Things were looking up! I finally got the steering box bolted up and went to put my intermediate shaft with Borgenson joints on. To my dismay the intermediate shaft had a larger spline count than my steering box. This was my fault. I had purchased this from a friend who had it on his Blazer. I never even considered anything would be different. I got the correct Borgenson and got everything together.
With all of this said, I should also mention that I was trying to get everything done for Dino's Get Down C10 show this last Friday and ended up finishing up just in time to get my truck out there. I had hoped to have some test time to drive it around some but just hoped for the best. The drive was great and the steering box/Borgenson joint combination made a very noticeable improvement. The trucks steering is now very responsive. I am very happy with my purchase and would do it all again even with all of the horror stories of CPP sending people the wrong parts I have heard.

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
1774btcrew

Re: My input after installing the new CPP steering box

I even talked to a store here that sells a ton of their parts. They also had the same to say about their customer service. I haven't heard anything good about their brake kits either but maybe they have resolved the issues. So far, so good on the steering box though!

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
chevy-fun

Re: My input after installing the new CPP steering box

glad you like it. i plan on getting one soon to go with my cpp front suspension
chevy-fun is offline   Reply With Quote