The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Dually Dude

1968 GMC Panel Truck

I bought a '68 GMC Panel (C10) awhile back. Basically all of the "rough" bodywork is close to completion. There are 2 or 3 panels that need the welding finished and few "minor" rust spots left.

The truck interior (as sparse as it is) is gutted, cleaned and ready for paint or ??. It has 5 bolt conversion done, discs front, drum rear. Front clip is new (fenders, hood, doors). Frame painted from rad support back to firewall. Firewall primed - should be re-done. It is far far far from a basket case and a lot of the ugly work is done in my opinion.

I'm missing some cosmetics - Bumpers, mirrors to be exact. Needs back door glass and windshield which is minor and easy to come by.

There's no drivetrain which is a plus in my books. Ideal for a swap of some sort.

I have most everything else to re-assemble.

That's a "very" brief description of the truck. I'm interested to know what sort of value could be placed on it. I had a guy throw out an offer the other day. I'm not sure how close he was or whether I'm interested.

The last Panel I did was a '66 and that was close to 20 years ago. It was in "a lot" tougher shape than this one in the beginning and it turned out really nice.

Appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Dually Dude; 07-01-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Dually Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 1968 GMC Panel Truck

Are those patched window holes on both side panels?

I would say $2-3K plus value of aftermarket parts...... just my 2 cents
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
Dually Dude

Window Holes - Ya that's right.
Back in the day it was common for the dealer to order in a plain panel truck and then add the windows. I call them Tractor windows as they were the very same as the windows in the early tractor cabs.
My '66 started out life as a plain panel truck and was used as a school bus. The school bus barn added windows and a U shaped bench in the back. A lot of schools used them in rural areas in my part of the world back in the day.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:48 AM   #4
Dually Dude

SOLD - Onto the next project.