The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
CivilDefense2002

OEM Door Lock Knobs

I have a very original 1969 Chevrolet C/10 Suburban that was converted into an ambulance by the Stoner Western Corporation of Santa Fe Springs, CA. The base vehicle was purchased with the Custom Comfort and Appearance Option. http://www.professionalcarsociety.or...ad.php?t=21907 shows some photos if interested.

Two door lock knobs are black, one is chrome. Besides quality time on Google, the only thread I could find with a search was http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?t=471650& regarding what was original back then. Clearly, you can get almost any color you want aftermarket - but looking for OEM. Would the Custom Comfort and Appearance Option have changed anything?

Thanks for your help!
CivilDefense2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: OEM Door Lock Knobs

Welcome aboard!
I have no information to help with your search... But I will say that your ambulance is geat! Good work.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Beach-Burban

CivilDefense2002...I too, can not help as my Suburban is a '72...but your ambulance made me think about my dad! He was a supervisor for three So Cal McDonnell Douglas plants during that time period, retiring in 1978 after 32 years of service. Long beach, Torrance and Huntington Beach...so he might have seen your ambulance moving "Code-3" at one time or another! Just thought that was cool! Thanks and good luck with your search!
Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

The 69 that I have sitting here had black ones on it when I pulled it apart. Whether they are original I do not know. A lot of things change in 50 years.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #5
CivilDefense2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Welcome aboard!
I have no information to help with your search... But I will say that your ambulance is geat! Good work.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
CivilDefense2002...I too, can not help as my Suburban is a '72...but your ambulance made me think about my dad! He was a supervisor for three So Cal McDonnell Douglas plants during that time period, retiring in 1978 after 32 years of service. Long beach, Torrance and Huntington Beach...so he might have seen your ambulance moving "Code-3" at one time or another! Just thought that was cool! Thanks and good luck with your search!
Woody
That's pretty cool! Yes, it's quite possible your Dad saw this ambulance in service. This ambulance was photographed while in service by a friend of mine back in the early 1990s, and the firemen at USAF Plant 3 in Tulsa, OK said it had come from the Huntington Beach, CA plant. It does have a McDonnell-Douglas Astronautics Company (MDAC) tag on it that seems to place it to the Huntington Beach plant. There is no clear answer on when it was transferred, and if it spent any time at any of the other LA-area plants. Stoner-Western Company ambulances were most common in the Western part of the US, rarely being purched in the MidWest or East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
The 69 that I have sitting here had black ones on it when I pulled it apart. Whether they are original I do not know. A lot of things change in 50 years.
The black is two out of the three - so it would seem to make sense. Just odd with so much documentation on so many things - that something everyone sees daily in the open wouldn't be clearly known. Thank you for your help!

If anyone else has an answer - let me know! Thanks!
CivilDefense2002 is offline   Reply With Quote