The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Dahawk

Re: Impala SS Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The Impala SS used a shoe setup inside the rotor for an e-brake. So using These brackets on your truck won't give you an e-brake. If you need to have an e-brake, you'll have to buy the Camaro caliper brackets that glock35ipsc is making. Thanks for inquiring.
What front set up matches the ss caliper?

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 06-13-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: quote tag
Dahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

[quote=Dahawk;3299044]
Quote:
The Impala SS used a shoe setup inside the rotor for an e-brake. So using These brackets on your truck won't give you an e-brake. If you need to have an e-brake, you'll have to buy the Camaro caliper brackets that glock35ipsc is making. Thanks for inquiring.[/QUO

What front set up matches the ss caliper?
The Camaro or Impala's front calipers would match, but I don't know how you would mount them to the spindles on your truck. The biggest issue would be the thicker rotor on the trucks. The aftermarket might be the option for that. I'll have to do some looking and see if there is an OEM caliper that would work.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE

Last edited by Captainfab; 05-07-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I have one set of these brackets left......I'll throw in a pair of Metric to SAE line adapters for free with this last set.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Outlaw72
Hay Team!!

Capt....please check your PM's as I am interested.

I'm also curious to know what the diameter of the impala rotor is? Can you get me a measurement from the center of the axle to the highest point on the caliper? My wheel has a 7 inch backspacing so fitment is going to be close depending on the dimensions. Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
61superman

r there any left i would like a set please send me an invoice
adsendejo@comcast.net
thanks
61superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw72 View Post
Capt....please check your PM's as I am interested.

I'm also curious to know what the diameter of the impala rotor is? Can you get me a measurement from the center of the axle to the highest point on the caliper? My wheel has a 7 inch backspacing so fitment is going to be close depending on the dimensions. Thanks in advance
PM sent, I'll let you know in the morning. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61superman View Post
r there any left i would like a set please send me an invoice
adsendejo@comcast.net
thanks
Right now I only have one set left and Outlaw72 gets first dibs, so if this setup won't work for him, you're next in line. If I could get 2 or 3 more sets sold, I'd make some more.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #7
61superman

hey captinfab
just so you know i would like to buy two sets thats not a problem. let me know either way
61superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

[quote=Captainfab;3299120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahawk View Post

The Camaro or Impala's front calipers would match, but I don't know how you would mount them to the spindles on your truck. The biggest issue would be the thicker rotor on the trucks. The aftermarket might be the option for that. I'll have to do some looking and see if there is an OEM caliper that would work.
The 98 to 2002 Camaro front caliper is on a 1.25" thick 12" diameter rotor so it would work on the same thickness truck rotor.

The guys on thirdgen.org have worked out ways of putting these PBR calipers onto their spindles that have cast in caliper mount bosses which could be adapted for use on our trucks too.

This caliper could be used on the 14-bolt rear disc conversion that uses the Dana-44 front rotors if you didn't need an e-brake.
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
KcLevi

Just a FYI GM used same prop valve for the Disc/Drum B-body they used it on the Disc/Disc B-body. Only 9c1 and SS had rear disc not Roadmasters.
KcLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

[quote=68 TT;3505863]
Quote:

The 98 to 2002 Camaro front caliper is on a 1.25" thick 12" diameter rotor so it would work on the same thickness truck rotor.

The guys on thirdgen.org have worked out ways of putting these PBR calipers onto their spindles that have cast in caliper mount bosses which could be adapted for use on our trucks too.

This caliper could be used on the 14-bolt rear disc conversion that uses the Dana-44 front rotors if you didn't need an e-brake.
Thanks for the info on that. I'll check into that when i get a chance. My son has a 2000 Z28 so that will make it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcLevi View Post
Just a FYI GM used same prop valve for the Disc/Drum B-body they used it on the Disc/Disc B-body. Only 9c1 and SS had rear disc not Roadmasters.
Thanks for the info on that also
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Another bump.....