The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
team39763

Where can I buy the complete fuel lines for a 95 Sonoma?

I took the bed off my 95 Sonoma and dropped the tank. I can't tell if the tank is bad since it's got that plastic baffling in the bottom. The lines are full of rust and crap though. They don't look rusty from the outside, just full of rust on the inside. I figure I should replace them and possibly replace the fuel tank. Where can I get the complete lines? Can I use a cheap replacement tank(Napa, Autozone, etc)? My biggest concern is the lines though. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
BarryB

Re: Where can I buy the complete fuel lines for a 95 Sonoma?

You might check with LMC, other than there its either a boneyard or the dealer. Thats where I would look. Maybe somebody else will chime in with more info.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Check with www.rockauto.com or www.jcwhitney.com for fuel tank replacements. Rockauto should have the replacement lines.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
team39763

Thanks guys, I'll check those places.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
team39763

Well, I looked a little closer at the lines and they aren't actually rusted, they are just full of rust/crap from the tank. I do see little rust spots developing on the bottom of the tank. So I'm buying a new tank. I'm gonna see if I can clean these lines out though. Any suggestions? My plan is to use carb cleaner and compressed air and maybe some oil.

Last edited by team39763; 01-07-2011 at 01:34 PM.
team39763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
BarryB

Quote:
Originally Posted by team39763 View Post
Well, I looked a little closer at the lines and they aren't actually rusted, they are just full of rust/crap from the tank. I do see little rust spots developing on the bottom of the tank. So I'm buying a new tank. I'm gonna see if I can clean these lines out though. Any suggestions? My plan is to use carb cleaner and compressed air and maybe some oil.
Yeah that is a good way to to it. Try just blowing air thru at first, hopfully that will blow out most of the gunk. Then follow up with the carb cleaner. Oil isn't really needed so I would say skip that step. air and carb cleaner should be good enough.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!

Last edited by BarryB; 01-07-2011 at 05:17 PM.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote