The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Gyawo

Mouse House

I recently bought a 1986 K5 and it is turning out to be a mouse house. I am kind of ok with it, just means I have to rip everything apart to clean it(would rather not be rollin' around in mouse ****, ick). With ripping everything out(seats, dash, trim panels, carpet) I was wondering if anyone knew a product that I can use to spray the floor instead of putting new carpet in. It has to be sound dampening and hopefully a little insulating. I would ideally lay that stuff down and then put a coat of bedliner or something on top of that.

Also, my power rear window will not go down. The motor works, I take the cable off the regulator side and it does turn, but it will not bring the window down. I can't open the tailgate due to the window being up, so kind of a pain in the ass. Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks,
Grant
Gyawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Gyawo

Re: Mouse House

Pictures:http://www.flickr.com/photos/61427443@N08/?saved=1
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Dave C

the picture descriptions are hilarious
Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Gyawo

Thanks, gotta keep positive about this POS somehow.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
pmpski_1

Lizardskin makes a spray on sound deadener and insulation, but I think it would end up being pretty expensive to do the entire interior with both.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

I'm looking for the same thing as you are - sound deadener that I can apply bedliner over. Apparently bedliner is not a very good sound deadener - and why would it be, that's not what it was designed for.

I don't know if bedliner can be applied over Lizardskin or if it needs to be metal. Either way, with the cost of Lizardskin and bedliner, it's getting pretty expensive. Even if a mix of those two would work, I don't know that I want to pay that much for it.

I'm looking for protection from moisture (soft top) first, and sound deadener second. So I'll probably end up going with bedliner, and if I need more sound deadener I will throw down some rubber mats or get a louder stereo.
pmpski_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
Gyawo

I may consider the lizard skin. I know 3M makes a sound dampening spray that come in cans, 6 cans per pack. Not sure how much it is, have yet to call and inquire.

The loud stereo is sort of the finisher for me I think, I always have the system cranked up in my car right now.