The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
automagic67

lq4 cranks but won't start and I'm stumped

Hello,
I tried to start my engine for the first time yesterday. It cranked but did not start. I then sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body. It ran until the starting fluid was gone. This tells me I my ignition system is fine. Next, I checked fuel pressure. I have 50 psi at the rail. Then I pulled out 2 fuel injectors and manually made them turn on with some extra wire. They clicked on and off. Then I checked the pink(power) wires to the injectors in on and start. I have power. Finally, I checked that the ECU is grounding the other wire on the fuel injector connector with a test light. The light flashes when I crank the motor. Apparently my fuel system is fine but I still get no fuel. What could be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
automagic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
low_crew_cab

Re: lq4 cranks but won't start and I'm stumped

I've had the same issue before on a swap. I pulled all 8 injectors and let them soak in a bowl of Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner overnight. The next morning i re-installed the injectors and she fired rite up. I've heard of people boiling hot water and freeing stuck injectors that away also. Hope you get it figured out but i'm pretty sure it's stuck injectors since everything else seems on par.
low_crew_cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
automagic67

Re: lq4 cranks but won't start and I'm stumped

you are exactly right. I noticed when I cycled one straight off the battery it took a few times to start clicking. I reinstalled everything and it sputtered (probably with just that one injector firing) and started to run. So, IT RUNS!!! Now on to fixing the brakes and figuring out a gas pedal.
automagic67 is offline   Reply With Quote