The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
SS Tim

Anyone know this truck? C30 Custom Deluxe Longhorn

Earlier this year scammers ran several CL ads for this C30 Custom Deluxe Longhorn. Its white and blue 400 4speed A/C with expected options including CA emissions and toolbox. Claimed it was in Calfornia but had to ship it to me. Anyway I was wondering who really owned it and where it lived. Its a really nice original looking truck that I'd like to see. Hoping that the truck or its location or the second Longhorn that is similar may prove memorable to someone. Also there is a photo link that still works!

http://picasaweb.google.com/11006128...JiFzbGL7Z_nJw#
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
jocko

Re: Anyone know this truck? C30 Custom Deluxe Longhorn

i have only seen pics. Looks like it has a cousin across the yard. Nice truck and I like the color combo. Or lack thereof, but you know what I mean.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #3

Almost positive that truck is off the boards. I know I've seen it or one almost identical on here.
70 Chevy El Camino SS396, Triple Black, 454/th400, Tach
70 Chevy Shortbox Stepside 4x4, 350/th350, Tilt, Tach, Cab Lights, Bumper Guards, Tow Hooks
70 Chevy 3/4 Longbox, 350/auto, 70k, SURVIVOR
71 Chevy Blazer, CST, 350/auto
71 GMC Sierra K2500, 454, 4 speed, 4.10 posi, 37s
71 Custom/30, Open Road, 350/th400, tilt
72 Chevy Shortbox Fleetside, 496 Stroker/th400, Tilt, Tach, Bucket Seats, 3.42 Posi
72 GMC Sierra Grande 2500. 427/th400, tilt, a/c, tool and stowage, buckets/console, 3.54 posi
68350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Steve Hafner

. . . .

I have all of those pictures saved already - it looks a lot like my 70.

I'd like to know what happened to it too !!!

. . . .

Last edited by Steve Hafner; 10-18-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Nice truck!
Woulsd like to see more pics of the truck across the way!
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
jocko

am curious about the bed - truck LOOKS to be resto'ed to me, but bed looks to retain original wood (maybe) - and wondering if it was originally white??? Surely not... I liek it though, and I like that the owner left it in, original or not. Having said that, I'm a 60-66 guy, but have owned a 72 in the past. Probably warrants a different thread, but, anyone know when metal beds became an option for 67-72s? And I assume wood beds were available thru 72? Or just thru 71?
Also - color originality - for 60-66, the bed was black wood. Looks good, but I've seen what looks to be "original" body color painted 67-72 era, just wondering what the norm was.
Thanks guys!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
am curious about the bed - truck LOOKS to be resto'ed to me, but bed looks to retain original wood (maybe) - and wondering if it was originally white??? Surely not... I liek it though, and I like that the owner left it in, original or not. Having said that, I'm a 60-66 guy, but have owned a 72 in the past. Probably warrants a different thread, but, anyone know when metal beds became an option for 67-72s? And I assume wood beds were available thru 72? Or just thru 71?
Also - color originality - for 60-66, the bed was black wood. Looks good, but I've seen what looks to be "original" body color painted 67-72 era, just wondering what the norm was.
Thanks guys!
I don't know when metal beds came to be an option but the 67-72 wood beds rolled off the assembly line painted to match the body.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
SS Tim

With the body change in '67, metal floors became standard on all Fleetside trucks. The wood floor became an option, RPO E81 on the SPID. However the Longhorn had the wood floor as standard thus E81 is not listed on its SPID. As before the wood was yellow pine but now painted body color and added 15 lbs weight.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
domeier

What was the CL scam?
domeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
SS Tim

REMEMBER FOLKS, THIS IS AN ARCHIVED SCAM ATTEMPT

It was a nice looking undervalued, well equipped truck. The scam was basically the truck was sitting in a 3rd party warehouse, so it was unable to be seen in person. However after sign up/purchase it would be shipped by their shipper to my house and if I didn't like I could return it at no expense!

Emails below that I received, basically the same email from three different people for the same truck. The ad was even run in two different market areas by two different people at the same time.

"The truck is not sold yet. it is in very good to excellent condition throughout, with all items and options working as they should. Since purchasing, it has always been kept in my heated garage. Engine and transmission are in perfect conditions, no leaks, no smoke, no slips. The truck gets serviced every 3000 miles. Tires are rotated when the oil is changed. This truck has had a great life . Truck has been waxed every 6 months, routinely professionally detailed, small dents tailgate, rear bumper, and doors, small scratches from road rocks on both sides, paint chipped off front bumper in several area's, but all in all it is still very shiny and looks great.This truck rides and handles really smooth. It is a non-smokers truck. It has never been in an accident. It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances.
Copy and paste the link above into your browser to see more pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/11006128...JiFzbGL7Z_nJw#
I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through OAT services. I guess you used OAT before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying it now let me know"

and

"I'm pleased you are still interested. Like i said before i'll explain the Online Assistant Trader concept,
their website is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for craigslist users too. I left the truck in their possession when i left and intended to sell it when i got back (if you ask why i'm selling it now when i'm not around), but the wedding costs too much and i need to sell it now to help my daughter get married.. They will take care of shipping, payment and title transfer(it is already signed by me and notarized so they are empowered to do this ). So if you want to purchase the truck, all you have to do is to register on their website. After you are registered with them an invoice will be sent to you. There you will find out more details about this sale like how to complete the payment, shipping process, insurance,etc .Afterward you have to complete the payment. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the truck and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the item on my cost. So you can be sure the truck is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on craigslist so you don't have to worry about that. The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "Selling on Craigslist" page. I would advise you to read the Selling on Craigslist page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.

Thank you

PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words."

AD itself with code removed.

Chevrolet C/K Pickup 3500 Longhorn - $4100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-01-30, 11:37AM PST
Reply to:

[Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1972 Chevrolet “Longhorn” Custom 30 Deluxe

I am the 3rd owner of this truck. It was in the original owner's family until about five years ago. It only has 57,300 original miles. The interior is in very nice condition. It runs and drives great, starts easily, and shifts smoothly. I drove it about 500 miles this past Spring with no problems. This is a very solid truck. The tailgate must have been off of this truck most of the time, because it is in near new condition.

Factory Options:

A11 Tinted Glass

A28 Rear Sliding Glass

B85 Belt Molding

BX2B Side Mldg- Wide LWR

C60 4-Season Air Condition

DF2 Camper Mirror Stainless

F51 Front & Rear Shock Abs

F59 Front Stabilizer

G60 Auxiliary Springs

G86 No Spin Rear Axle

L47 400 CID V-8 engine

N40 Power Steering

PO3 chrome Hub Caps

T60 Heavy Duty Battery

U63 AM P/Button Radio

VK2 Tool & Stowage Box

V46 Front Chrome bumper

YF5 California Vehicle Reg.

Z53 Amp-Oil-Temp Gauge

Z62 custom Deluxe Equip

521 White

607 Blue Cloth Trim

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2188445690
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
68panelman

I have seen the same scams on CL written in the same format as that, but they were selling kubota & john deere tractors for $2,600.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
SS Tim

Somebody has to know this truck or have seen it offered for sale other than CL. The Picasa photo album link was likely for an eBay auction. The creation date showing is Nov. 19, 2010. The first I have saved is from mid Jan. of 2011. If you archive truck auctions/for sale pages would you please check between those dates for me.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
docflower

I dont have software here at work, but you could get the EXIF data from the photos (photoshop, etc). Do a quick google search and you'll find more info. Depending on how the camera worked that took the photo, data (GPS, date, etc) cold be stored in the photo itself. Good luck!

I hope scammers get theirs in the end.... I like to think they do.
docflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
domeier

Man, that's a lot of work to be a scammer.
domeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #15
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by docflower View Post
...but you could get the EXIF data from the photos (photoshop, etc)...
Great thought, in fact I'm running Picasa 3 on my computer. Went into the editor and pulled the data. Apparently no EXIF data is available. But it did confirm that it was processed through eBay on 12/2/2010. The scammers probably grabbed the album and truck info off eBay then just reposted it to their ends later. Here is a screenshot if it helps someone else. Am I missing something?
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
trucks72
trucks72

I know that truck. I have seen it in person. Both of them in the picture to be correct. They are in the Atlanta area. It also was in my spots at the Charlotte show a couple of years ago.
trucks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
eagleuh1

Looks like one I saw and had pics of fromthe Petti Jean Car show this past spring. Was a nice alloriginal white longhorn. Hope if it is a scam they get theirs in the end. Jim
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
longhorn70gmc

That is a nice truck. It is real close to mine, but mine is a Cheyenne Super. I am the third owner of this one as well. Desert truck its hole life, so no rust. Are you from Edwards AFB/Rosamond? Enjoy some pics!
R/
Billy
Attached Images

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
southern parts

that looks like a truck i saw being unloaded from a car hauler here in georgia about 5 years ago. the guy who bought it lives around the monroe area. he had 2 almost identical trucks. he tried to sell them on cl a year or 2 ago. if i remember right he also had a 68 50th longhorn for sale about the same time.
southern parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #20
trucks72
trucks72

That is the guy. I have the 68 now.
trucks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #21
southern parts

seems like i remember both doors had to be repaired and painted, they were damaged in shipping.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
southern parts

the other truck in your 4th and 5th pic is on ebay right now. if your still interested in this truck you could contact the real owner thru his ebay ad.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
71swb4x4

Here is the "other" truck. It's a 71, the one at the top of this thread is a 72.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...item35b9b8574c
Old 02-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #24
71swb4x4

They are both super cool trucks.

The 71 has some WIDE rear wheels.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

According to the scammer's description some paint is chipped off the front (chrome) bumper. That seems so honest to me. I mean,to tell about issues that couldn't possibly exist? Now that's offering more info than most would.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote