The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
Phungki

GMC and Chevy mishmash

i purchase a 56 GMC at the end of last year. I just started digging into to it last weekend for the tear down. The only thing i can see that tells me its a GMC is the Gauge panel,tail gate and serial number badge. someone has previously removed the front clip and hood and replaced with chevy stuff. My plan is to find the chrome bullets, bullet guard,mustache and hood(found this saturday at a swap meet).
My question is what kind of issues am i going to have getting this GMC stuff to fit on that chevy front clip? Is my new hood going to latch? am i just popping in a couple holes in the fender to get the mustache to attach? or am i really opening a can of worms? From what i can tell everything up front, including the rad is chevy. Its not staying anyway, ill find an aftermarket aluminum to replace it. I really want to get it back to what the front end of a 56 GMC should look like. I know i will end up paying out the nose for all that chrome but to me its worth it plus I like the hunt.
i appreciate any of your thoughts and ideas on this
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote