The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
toolboxchev

Re: Covid Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Soaked the last few pieces of hardware in vinegar today, best sanitizer there is.
Been doing that myself. I figure if the shif really hits the fan, nobody will like my stench!
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #2
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
Been doing that myself. I figure if the shif really hits the fan, nobody will like my stench!
I use it to "sanitize" the kitchen counters and bathrooms as well. Bachelor, so I can stink the place up how I like.

Out of context I plugged up the B/A hole in the cab of my C20 with shop rags. I think I'd rather COVID than a black widow make a home of it.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 07-10-2020 at 12:40 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I bleached the whitewalls , what a minute...I don't have white walls

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Not if they to eat pickles!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Soaked the last few pieces of hardware in vinegar today, best sanitizer there is.
I wiped my whole house, all the aluminum siding, down with vinegar last summer when I painted it. An old-timer told me about that in the '70s. I just painted brand new galvanized corrugated. I wiped it down with vinegar and let it sit dry for a while. scuffed it up, wipe down with vinegar, rinse, dry, DTM latex primer, paint. The stuff is an excellent etcher and solvent and cheap!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Not if they to eat pickles!
The smell attracts me. Y'all don't put vinegar on your greens?? I grew up putting vinegar on broccoli, spinach, and more. An Ocean City, MD thing is malt vinegar on fries done in peanut oil. Maryland loves crabs. People marinade the meat in malt vinegar. I was worried I'd have people flocking to my place if the shinola hit

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I wiped my whole house, all the aluminum siding, down with vinegar last summer when I painted it. An old-timer told me about that in the '70s. I just painted brand new galvanized corrugated. I wiped it down with vinegar and let it sit dry for a while. scuffed it up, wipe down with vinegar, rinse, dry, DTM latex primer, paint. The stuff is an excellent etcher and solvent and cheap!

:
Exactly, I use it to prep my interior/exterior paint as well. Vinegar is superior "WD40, duct tape and bailing wire"...Old saying, in these parts anyway.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote