The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #51
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

if im in my 72 blazer"11 inches of lift and 39.5 x 18.5 wide mickeys " the bottom of my front bumper sits about dead even with most of these cars rearview mirrors , they seem to be pretty patient on leaving th saftey of theyr side street refuge. but heres one for ya , and this guy got a facefull. one of the few times i chose to bring my one owner 57 2 door hardtop out for a saturday drive. im wantingto freshen the fuel in the tank and she needs a bottle of lead so i pick a gas station that has one island away from the others, only one pump in front of me , and a curb and grass to the other side, only other way into it is from the front, ok , im sitting there filling her up and here comes some f****** yuppie in a suit and tie in his brand new escalade, pulls right up behind my 57, instead of going around and coming in from the front he nails the gas , over the curb , misses my rear fin by an inch or so , throws it in revers and slams back stoping about a foot shy ., i swear to god there had to be little mushroom clouds in my eyes , i walked to his door to greet him as he slid out cockily , i told him in several different descriptive ways what was going to happen to him if i ever see him do something like that again , all the while begging this man to hit me , naming him and every family member i could think he might possibly have , but he got back in his truck and drove off, see i could have smeared this fella all over thatt parking lot no problem , but im sure by the looks of things he would have been more than happy to drag me into court so i would have to sell my 57 to pay for his plastic surgery,,
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #52
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Happens all the time..Lots of oldies around here. One of these days I'm gonna look at the front of my truck just to make sure there is no sign attached that says...."Yes, please pull out in front of me"
Old 01-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #53
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

MAC67, I hear ya man.

I love the jacka$$es that do something stupid like that and when you let them know about it they look at you as if you are the a$$hole flailing their arms around giving you the finger and then taking off. I would just love to get a hold of the jerk and rip him through his (and yes, sometimes her) window by his neck and teach them a lesson about proper social etiquette.

As if my actions would be proper social etiquette themselves.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)

Last edited by spencra; 01-21-2004 at 03:05 AM.
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #54
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

Try driving around St. Louis. They not only cut you off but also flip you off cause you were in there way. As if you are wrong for taking up there space.

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:21 AM   #55
Hooter
My other Love

I cant stand it, its like their only goal is to be "in front" of everyone esle, no matter what it takes, I have been guilty of doing that too, but only in the winter time when i dont want to be sprayed. On my Ford I have tractor lights mounted on the back bumper with a toggle switch, flip them on, and that gets rid of tailgaiters in a hurry.

I especially love it when anyone tries to pass me when I am in the 69, I drop it into 2nd, matt it, and they dont pass me, the only vehicle that managed to pass me succesfully pass me was a late 90's vette, but they were passing me just to gawk at the truck, so I didnt mind anyways
  • 77 fully loaded silverado (back in the backyard for a little while longer)
  • 1980 BMW 320i (back in the garage finally)
  • 1981 f@*d f150 4x4 (Robert red ford) tried to kill me
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike
Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com AC/DC RULES!!!
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:38 AM   #56
Russell
Professional Grade

I was at the gas station the other day just washing my windows and headlights, I had just finished and was helping direct traffic a bit (worked there for a while, so if it is really busy I'll fill a couple vehicles to help the guys out) While I was doing this there was this kid that looked like a hippy gone terrorist trying to snake everyone's spot, and whenever I directed someone else in as they were there first, he would give me the finger, I just ignored him, we let him in last just as one of the other guys got off his shift, I hopped into the GMC, and the other guy hopped into his 80s dodge, He pulled in infront of him, his bumper just centemeters from the kid's bumper, I did the same from the rear, and decided to go in and chat for a while The kid sat behind the counter just cursing at us while we totally ignored him and chatted over some coffee, lol, After about ten minutes I decided I should really get going, so I left the counter, as soon as I was outta view of the cameras in there the kid took a run at me, I just lifted my knee and he took it in the gut, hopped in the truck and headed home with my buddy right behind me, both laughing our heads off, I hear the kid still filled his car up after we left and paid like a good citizen, lol
Old 01-21-2004, 03:10 AM   #57
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

PPPPFFFT! how embarrasing. Sucker.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-21-2004, 04:22 AM   #58
Clancy68

Quote:
Originally posted by Broken_down?
I have that happen to me too.. I could jump out and ripp there head right off. But if they do put out in front of me when we are very close and I am feeling abit sparky I will turn on the offroad lights (--- My lights are loctaed next to the head lights.. so they get full effect. lol and let'em wish they had not done that to me. We all have these trucks and in my opinion is they are all worth more then some dam rice rocket. And funnier is if we did hit them they would be totaled and we would have a few scratches. ( and you know we would be b!thcing about those scratches too.. lol ) Just My Opinion Though..

Rich
i can vouch for that one! (my daily driver is an 84 k5 blazer and weighs 6000 lbs(diesel, skidplateand other crap)about 2 years ago i was leaving my friends house, and his dads old boss(they were friends) parked his aerostar van behind me in thier driveway and for some reason towards the middle of it nice and square in my passenger side blind spot... im watching his moms flowers and backing up...suddenly loud bad noises came from the rear, along with a rising sensation. i pull forward and get out(scared and pissed) and walk around behind. 1300 dammage to his POS a new van side, inner body reconstruction, new RED paint.
what about my blazer? litteraly not a scratch

ohh and i had to pay for it with my first paycheck at my first job.

--Scott
Clancy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:53 AM   #59
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

$1300 in damage?

Not bad. I've been in minor fender benders and found myself replacing the whole damn car.

I guess that's the difference between hitting a friends car as opposed to a complete stranger.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-21-2004, 01:20 PM   #60
COBALT

I had some jack-ass do this to me on Saturday.

I was on my way home, and took 80th/85th from I-5 in north Seattle. You end up on 75th, and there's a stretch of residential street I HATE to drive on between Rosevelt and 25th. The streets are in crappy shape, so I'm bouncing all over the place, and there's a couple of stop lights going down hill. I've seen a few rear-end collisions on these hills when it's been wet out.

Well the street is actually wide enough for two lanes, but thanks to someone's briliant planning they allow people to park in the right lane. It's a disease that's all over Seattle.

Anyway people get all impatient since cars sometimes decide to flip on their left turn signal and snag cars behind them, so people dash out in that right lane to go around people if no cars are parked there.

The problem with this is there's ALWAYS a car parked in the right lane just when you crest the next hill, and the cars that do perform this daring move suddenly want to merge left to avoid hitting the parked car.

I pull away from this light on Saturday, and this guy in his Ford SUV doesn't want to be behind me, so he goes in the right lane. Now he's driving next to me. We crest the hill and here's a red light, and a car parked on the right directly in his path past the light. Instead of slowing down he guns it to get ahead of me, and then throws his rig in front of me before slamming on his brakes for the light.

This is down hill at a red light, and this guy just cut me off. Not only that but he stopped short. I had to lock up all four drums to keep from hitting him, and I made a terrible racket with the back of the truck bouncing all over the place and all four wheels dragging.

Then he has the balls to look in his side mirror at me like I'm crazy for *almost* hitting him! I couldn't help it. I flipped him off and mouthed ASSHOLE at him. I was so goddamn pissed.

I couldn't help but think what would have happened if I hit him. He'd blame me, and since it was a rear-end collision it would have been my fault. Even if I explained the circumstances to the cops I would have been screwed.

Even though I missed him I was completely shaken up. I missed him by inches, and could have totaled my truck.

And it was for absolutely NOTHING. He was an impatient ass, and tried to shave 3 seconds off of his driving time by risking everyone on the road.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:17 PM   #61
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

My solution to tailgaters is:

First pop the auto tailgate release! if the tailgate unexpectantly falling down doesn't scare the hell out of them move to second step.

second step is drive 15 miles per hour under the speed limit with the exhaust cut out open in a gear that revs you to between 3000 and 4000 RPM so they can no longer hear what the person on the other end of the cell phone is saying!

Third step now that your tailgate is open, open your rear sliding window. Take the hand full of roofing nails you convienently keep in your center console and throw them into your bed! With your tailgate down these nails have a problem staying in the bed and will do really mean things to tires that will make them slow down. If they want my license number they will have a problem since it is frenched into my tailgate which is facing down!

Problem solved!

Luckily I have not had to use step three to date since it could put me in jail!! lol
GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote