The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #26
davischevy

Re: Story time

Paul, that is how you get your stuff back.

Sorry to hear about your "adventure" Liz and I'm glad it turned out somewhat well.

The sad part about the story is the parents defending the low life P.O.S.. It's not hard to figure out why he turned out to be a thief. The parents should have been embarrassed.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #27
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I hope everything gets better for you. Miss our yearly hey you still breathing txt lmbo
For now, still breathing! I'm trying to make a point of popping in at least every few months now to post somethin-or-other. But my number will never change, feel free to drop a line any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
The sad part about the story is the parents defending the low life P.O.S.. It's not hard to figure out why he turned out to be a thief. The parents should have been embarrassed.
To admit their son could've done something like this would've required them to admit their parenting might've had something to do with it. Most people are too headstrong or stubborn to openly admit they brought something onto this planet that caused someone else grief. Probably think he doesn't do drugs too.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #28
'63GENIII

A long week? All of that happened within what, a two or three day span? Thats crazy!

Im happy that ya got most of your stuff back and amazed that you can look at the positives that you've got goin on! These days that's the lens to be looking at life through.

I always make a point to show my kids stuff like this...especially my son. I remind him that "although I love you to death, I'd let you rot in jail if you ever pull something like this. More for your own good than anything". To which he replies, "so I learn my lesson dad"? To which I reply, "no son, so I don't kill you myself!"

Lord forbid my son ever get a haircut like that guy!

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #29
flashed

Wow Liz , I had no idea all that went on , glad you got most of your stuff back but more glad that guy is off the streets so he cant get you again . Be safe , take care , get a Gun .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Wow Liz , I had no idea all that went on , glad you got most of your stuff back but more glad that guy is off the streets so he cant get you again . Be safe , take care , get a Gun .
Thats how he was held for the sheriff to arrive. He wasnt so big n bad at that point

I am pretty impressed that I didn't delete the group while it was a ***** fest through this lmbo
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #31
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
For now, still breathing! I'm trying to make a point of popping in at least every few months now to post somethin-or-other. But my number will never change, feel free to drop a line any time.

To admit their son could've done something like this would've required them to admit their parenting might've had something to do with it. Most people are too headstrong or stubborn to openly admit they brought something onto this planet that caused someone else grief. Probably think he doesn't do drugs too.
Some people are just weak and pretty much just shouldn't have children. If they can't discipline them properly, it's going to get ugly when they get older. I'll probably get some blow back, but I beat my sons about 99.99999% less than I got beaten as a kid, and they turned out just fine.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #32
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Some people are just weak and pretty much just shouldn't have children. If they can't discipline them properly, it's going to get ugly when they get older. I'll probably get some blow back, but I beat my sons about 99.99999% less than I got beaten as a kid, and they turned out just fine.
My kid would be in a cell. How do you justify a 41 year old doing that as a parent? I mean 12 maybe, they need boot camp but 41 you need Jesus and a Jail cel
Old 07-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #33
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
My kid would be in a cell. How do you justify a 41 year old doing that as a parent? I mean 12 maybe, they need boot camp but 41 you need Jesus and a Jail cel
Well, he's got one those, now! I hated getting beat as a kid, so I used psychological warfare instead. Kidding. One can raise kids and not have them turn out bad, without beating them. It's a shame that his parents failed him, though he's (ir)responsible as well.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #34
Boog
laying low

I am not defending the perp or his parents but could it be he was born mentally disturbed?
It may seem cold and unchristian like but I have no sympathy for those who willingly take illegal drugs.
Those born with mental issues are understandable so my heart goes out to them and their families as my family has experience with this.
Either way that man needs help. For sure he won't spend much time in jail, if any, so no rehab there. He will be back out and most likely go back to doing the same thing, hopefully not in your neighborhood. Only he may then go armed. That's disturbing.
His parents should not be directly blamed for his actions. As was told to me many years ago "you can do your very best to raise your children right but you cannot live their lives for them". It's up to them.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #35
truckdude239

Attached Images

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #36
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I am not defending the perp or his parents but could it be he was born mentally disturbed?
It may seem cold and unchristian like but I have no sympathy for those who willingly take illegal drugs.
Those born with mental issues are understandable so my heart goes out to them and their families as my family has experience with this.
Either way that man needs help. For sure he won't spend much time in jail, if any, so no rehab there. He will be back out and most likely go back to doing the same thing, hopefully not in your neighborhood. Only he may then go armed. That's disturbing.
His parents should not be directly blamed for his actions. As was told to me many years ago "you can do your very best to raise your children right but you cannot live their lives for them". It's up to them.
I do not blame his parents for his actions. He is a grown 41 year old man. He was a local star baseball player and I read he coached at some point. He has 3 kids. He is on drugs, and chose to steal our belongings. He has 2 felony b and e counts and 3 others from our house alone.. there were other previous chrges from other incidents that havent gotten to court yet. If he does get out and does come back armed, he wont go to jail, he will go to the morgue.

Where I have an issue with his parents... they went to the home while our things were being recovered and went off about us taking his stuff. Sorry they deserve blame for that. Hes misguided or such was said. Yep he is but that does not change the fact that he infringed on our rights. To defend him makes them equally POS in my opinion. If my kid did this, they would be left to do their time.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
If they don't pipe down n act right on that group, we will need a dozen lol.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #38
lux

Liz, I'm very sorry for your rough time. I feel like your wasting your talent though. You should definitely be a writer. I normally would not read an entire post of that size, but I could not stop.

You should definitely be a writer, but not on facebook. Facebook is a toilet.

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/callin...-social-giant/

Hope the rest of the summer is good for you.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:47 PM   #39
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I'll probably get some blow back, but I beat my sons about 99.99999% less than I got beaten as a kid, and they turned out just fine.
This ^^

No blowback needed. I got the belt almost weekly as a kid. It did all of jack sh!t to mold me into a better "man", clearly I took a turn for the worst after my older brother took his own life as a teenager and I started hanging with the wrong crowd. You can't beat the stupid out of people, you just makes them and yourself dumber for trying.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
Liz, I'm very sorry for your rough time. I feel like your wasting your talent though. You should definitely be a writer. I normally would not read an entire post of that size, but I could not stop.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #40
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post

I have never written a post this long on this site before. I have the attention span of a flea and dislike reading long ones myself.
Thank you for the kind words. I have been toying with rough drafts of a kids chapter book series for a while. I think it would be fun to throw on amazon and just to do it. Issue is time.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #41
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Can I write the forward?

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:45 PM   #42
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

lol yes
Old 07-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #43
flashed

My Brother is an Alcoloholic and addict , I always looked up to him , amazed at what he could do and what he knew how to do . He has been kept up by my Mom as well as Disability and we are no longer close . He is 2 years older than I am and I miss what we once had but I cant help him . He blames everyone but himself for where he is in life , I cant even talk to him anymore . He lives over an hour away from me and I see him maybe once a year , I hope and pray one day he decides he wants help and finds it . I tried to help many years ago and he claimed I was trying to put him away . I only offered to pay for him to get some kind of help , along with my Late wife . She thought we should borrow the money to get him help . When he said we were trying to put him away I walked away as he was not ready for help . Maybe one day he will seek help , but I cant do it for him .

Same with this guy , I hope one day he decides to seek the help he needs .
Old 07-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #44
davischevy

My dad had seven half brothers. All of them achieved varying degrees of success except one.

That one brother was coddled by my granddad. The uncle burglarized a store and post office one Saturday night. My dad stood in my grandad's front yard that Sunday morning and begged my grandpa to leave his ass in jail. Grandpa mortgaged his farm to bail his sorry rear out of jail. It didn't stop there. He pretty much broke my grandad.

He was a liar and thief. He would steal from anybody, including family members.

That uncle died of alcoholism in a camper trailer in the woods. He could not be helped.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #45
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

My family has both addicts and alcoholics too. Its ok to love someone but not to love who they are. It happens.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #46
davischevy

Family members need to be able to know the difference between supporting and enabling.

Old 07-15-2020, 11:12 PM   #47
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Family members need to be able to know the difference between supporting and enabling.
perfect example of that, one of the boys that runs with randy poole.. arrested at 11something last night. Felony theft n such, out mowing his yard today from what I was told. Daddy bails him out.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #48
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Damn Liz, the clod buster and the Tmaxx too? Clearly he has no morals at all! I’m glad you guys got most all of your stuff back. Every once in a great while these stories have a decent ending.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #49
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Damn Liz, the clod buster and the Tmaxx too? Clearly he has no morals at all! I’m glad you guys got most all of your stuff back. Every once in a great while these stories have a decent ending.
Funny thing.. I was super pissed about mine. I have had it since I was 17 lmao

Its home now
Old 07-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #50
flashed

One thing for certain here on this forum , we are a wonderful Disfunctional Family and Im proud to be a part of it . Im on many forums , but this is by far the best one of all .