The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #1
wannabelow

help

i have a jvc touch screan deck 2 rockford p2 12 2 rockford 6x9 and a rock ford amp cant rember the modle i have had this in for a couple years now and i just started to get noise will more of a high piched buzzing when the truck is running when you step on the gas it get louder but you can turn it up to drown it out and i can hit the top of the dash and it will stop for a sec or push the deck further back in the dash and it will go away for a sec then comes back

i was thinking a bad ground on the deck. i have had it in once all ready to have it fixed and they just put a new face plate on it

any help with this is great

thanks scott
wannabelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: help

COULD BE A SIMPLE BAD SPARK PLUG WIRE

there are a few components that will cause this static noise.
i would start by giving your truck a tune-up believe it or not.

could be wires,bad cap, rotor, or a cracked spark plug, making the noise.

then if that don't clear it up. move to the ground issue. they also make noise suppressors for this very thing.

i am sure many will agree

your pal mark

Last edited by rage'nrat638; 04-28-2007 at 01:53 PM.
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
wannabelow

Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage'nrat638 View Post
COULD BE A SIMPLE BAD SPARK PLUG WIRE

there are a few components that will cause this static noise.
i would start by giving your truck a tune-up believe it or not.

could be wires,bad cap, rotor, or a cracked spark plug, making the noise.

then if that don't clear it up. move to the ground issue. they also make noise suppressors for this very thing.

i am sure many will agree

your pal mark
i know its not any ting to do with a tune up as i just put the motor in and went with new every thing not even 600 km ago ad it did it onece in a while with the old one

i just used the ground wire in the factory harness and the problem if it starts and i turn off the truck and turn it back on it stops the noice

Last edited by wannabelow; 04-29-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
72 cheyenne pdx

I would check all your grounds and make sure they are all good. When you get the high pitch sound, it is usually due to a ground loop. Since you have had this system in you vehicle for a couple of years, it is possible that a ground isn't making a good connection. Good luck in getting the high pitch wind out of the system.
72 cheyenne pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
lowdowndirtyshame67

Is the noise coming from your subs or mids/highs? Are your RCA's run next to your amp wire? (They have to be run on the opposite side of the door sills or the RCA's can pick up alternator noise through electromagnetic induction...Are you running a seperate amp for mids/highs? You should have a seperate ground to any power amps. You should also try different RCA's. If none of that helps, it's either the amp or head unit...
lowdowndirtyshame67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
wannabelow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdowndirtyshame67 View Post
Is the noise coming from your subs or mids/highs? Are your RCA's run next to your amp wire? (They have to be run on the opposite side of the door sills or the RCA's can pick up alternator noise through electromagnetic induction...Are you running a seperate amp for mids/highs? You should have a seperate ground to any power amps. You should also try different RCA's. If none of that helps, it's either the amp or head unit...

i never even thought about the rca running next to theamp power and yes they are and yes it is just comeing from my subs so i will try that

but why would hitting the dach above the head unit make the problem go away for a little bit?

and i was also going to redo the amp wireing and was going to run 0 gauge and since i have it all tore apart would it be a good idea to drill some holes and run a ground from the cap,amp and deck right to the frame and have the with there own ground?

and thanx for the help i hope this works

and i have my 6x9s running off the deck along with the 2 front stock speakers and i am just not useing the stock back ones

Last edited by wannabelow; 06-15-2007 at 12:32 AM.