The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
james69z28

need help with door jamb wiring

Hi guys, my first post!
I am building a 1971 Cheyenne show truck but will drive it on nice days. I bought it half completed and am trying to finish it up as a project to keep me going after having Pancreatic Cancer.
I used to build show cars mostly Camaro's and Corvettes and chevelle's years ago, so I am no novice, but I want this truck to be as nice a driver as you will ever see.
There's one hang up that is really bothering me, it has the 1 piece glass and I put remote power door locks in and power windows now it is time to run the wiring from the kick panels through the door jambs, I bought the braided stainless sleeves but upon looking inside the door and kick panels I can't get to the back side of the sleeve collars to put the retainer rings on much less lock them down due to the inner metal structure in the front of the doors? I really hate to cut a large hole in the inner metal because it is hard to reach from the rearward access hole in the doors and it would have to be pretty big to be able to get an allen wrench into the locking set screw. then on the kick panel side the sleeves have to slide in and out through the mounting collars as the door opens and closes, and there is an inner metal frame about 1.5" inside the A pillar side of the jamb, so I can't put the locking collar on that side either, and the conduit sleeve may not slide in and out without interference?

I am looking at several possibilities and just wanted to see if any of you could show pics of the location you used and how it looks and also how you locked the collars into the metal on each side? I have found some push-in collars that will lock in when pushed in the 3/4" holes I drill but I will have to lock these to the collar before I push them in but I can only find black plastic ones not thin metal.

I know I can use black cloth wire loom, but it just doesn't look very dressed up? Any and all pics are welcomed, and thanks in advance!
james69z28 is offline   Reply With Quote