The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
lot204

Change of Plans 65

So I acquired this 1965 C10 from my wife's aunt. The first time I saw it I started asking her when she was going to sell it to me, her response was always, "Never!". Well after several year of bugging her about the truck she finally offered it up to me. Seams after several years being a trusty farm truck the hard labor had finally taken its toll on the old 65.

Currently I’ve had the truck for two years and the build direction has changed several times. One thing that has always remained the same is the visuals. I want to build a truck with the most amount of original steel as possible. This will be a challenge because this poor truck has been worked hard. There is a lot of hammering and dolly work in my future. As for the suspension, my first choice was to keep the frame and purchase a new coil over front suspension and 4-link rear. Well that has now changed to a Roadster Shop Spec Series Chassis. Doing the math this is the best way to go for me, we’ll se if that changes. Engine and trans… LS3 and a Tremac t56 because its gotta be fun to dive.

Below are the pics of when I first brought it home.

lot204 is offline   Reply With Quote