The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2018, 12:04 AM   #1
Wayfarer9

Arrow New Blazer K5 '72-Coiled & Caged 👨🏼*🚀

Hey All!
New to the talks here, glad I found everyone! I have just bought the dream truck (I know, Blazer) that I wanted in high school, but gas mileage and my minimal finances kept me from it. So I went heavy into the Air-cooled VW world including some Baja Race fun!... but thats another story. I am a Fabricator for the Movie Industry here in LA by day, chill guy to hang with by night and an adventurist whenever I can.

This Blazer is pretty cherry (well actually it more like the chevy orange/red ) the way I bought it, I won't take the credit for work I have not done. It's had all front suspension cut out and professional 3 link coilers by King with external bypasses, rear are external shocks to match. Nitrogen over Hydraulic bump stops up front. Huge crossover support for the long coilovers (can't wait to do articulation test with our forklift!) Deaver leaf springs and all new bushings in rear. 350 small with edelbrock carb and TH350 into NP205 (I think). GMtruck 12 bolt rear, Dana 44 front, Hydro-boost brake master cylinder. Stripped interior and bedliner (type?), new interior panels and nice radio and speaker (gotta wire it better, sound like crap but thats what the 350 is for 👌🏼 ) 8 point rollcage, suspension bucket seats front and double for the rear, 5 point harness. Softopper convertible top. Tubular rear offroad bumper with 2" hidden receiver, I just wired the trailer brake controller system. Tilt steering wheel, seat heater coming, AC coming, and other creature comforts.
I have my hands in too many projects that are so very different from each other. I got this because it was a dream build the way I wanted and I can tow with it.. But I also have a;
-Decommissioned Military Swedish Volvo C303 (AKA - TGB11) with Portal Axles! Thats going to be cross-country/continent Rock crawler with long term camper build I will be fabricating. This is going to be a long build.
-Road Racer/Rallycross build on the side (when finance available) Subaru WRX STI, only 300WHP now. I will be building it for On and Offroad high speed running. Daily right now.
-MBZ Grandpa Sedan 300D (WVO setup for a bit) that was a driver for a while following a Very traumatic Spinal Cord Injury that had the doctor saying I would never walk again. I told them what to do with those thoughts 🖕🏼, and in 5 weeks I was out of the hospital walking short distances with a walker. Now 3 years later, I am walking, working, hiking, driving my dream cars and thankful every single day ✊🏼😎. Does mean my builds could take a little longer then normal due to chronic pain, but hey at least I still can!
So I am not sure if this is the kind of writeup wanted from a newbie, but Here I am open to all. Can't wait to see everyones builds, looking for help and hopefully I can help others too.
Thank you
Eamonn Price
Wayfarer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #2
72gmguy

Re: New Blazer K5 '72-Coiled & Caged 👨🏼*🚀

Welcome! Sounds like an awesome blazer. Post up some picks of it and your other toys. We love pics.

1969 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1971 Blazer partial 2wd convert
1972 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1970 Blazer 4x4 w/ 2 1/2in lift and 33in tires w/4 wheel camper
1970 4x4 suburban w/ 6in lift and 35in tires
1968 Corvette convertible
1970 Malibu convertible
1959 Brookwood wagon
1972 International Scout ii
72gmguy is offline   Reply With Quote