The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Project "Schrum" 1959 Gmc 100

Thanks Orrie, I don't know what happened to my pulley it must of fell off or something because a pulley isn't there.The Cable seems to be in good shape. I can't think, I don't think the truck had a pulley when I brought it back home.If I would have left the Handbrake up you don't think it would of popped the Pulley off??? I don't think it would of because it looks to be "bolted" in...Do they make an aftermarket one ?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

Re: Project "Schrum" 1959 Gmc 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
Thanks Orrie, I don't know what happened to my pulley it must of fell off or something because a pulley isn't there.The Cable seems to be in good shape. I can't think, I don't think the truck had a pulley when I brought it back home.If I would have left the Handbrake up you don't think it would of popped the Pulley off??? I don't think it would of because it looks to be "bolted" in...Do they make an aftermarket one ?
Check "The Filling Station" and LMC for aftermarket parking brake pulleys. I know they weren't available back in 2010 but maybe now. I thought I was going to have to replace the one on my '55 GMC as it was rusted solid. I kept spraying it with "Kroil" for a few days and got it spinning freely. Mine is bolted in as well, and I'm sure that is factory.

I like your passion to keep family history alive with this truck and hope you find the '71 GMC too. I have a couple of long-time family GMCs also.

Not many young guys have an interest in old trucks any more, much less actually trying to build one.

DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote