The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
lil_sahara450r

Thumbs down bull(you know what)... POL aluminum tank

i recently purchased a really nice aluminum gas tank from performance online. i will say that the tank itself is a VERY nice peice, i wont bash that at all (probably outsourced to a really good welding outfit). BUT, dont plan on just bolting this thing into place. my major issue is the sending unit... it is a peice of crap. not only that but.... the instructions were totally screwed. there are two different sets of instructions and i just happened to use the wrong one and now the sending unit is screwed (you have to cut and adjust it to make it fit the tank, which is total BS if you pay this kind of money!!!). i called POL and told them about the issue and they said that they have recently switched the manufacturer of the sending unit and didnt change the instructions, but they didnt seem interested in resolving the issue. after shelling out a little over 500 dollars for this kit im pretty upset and i will not use POL ever again in the future.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-13-2013 at 10:48 AM.
lil_sahara450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
CheyenneSuper72

Re: bull(you know what)... POL aluminum tank

I also had an issue with POL that they refused to resolve. I will never buy anything else from them again. Hopefully the brake booster set up works with no issues. Just thought people should know about their substandard dealings. You are not alone....
Posted via Mobile Device
CheyenneSuper72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
knomadd

Re: bull(you know what)... POL aluminum tank

I haven't had dealings with POL directly, but I bought this tank from Brothers and the sending unit took a lot of tweaking to make it work. I did eventually get it to work perfectly, but the amount I had to modify it to make it work was more than I had expected. However, it is a custom application with a universal sending unit, so some mods should be expected. I just didn't expect that much. Everything else was great.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote