The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
WhatWouldSeanDo

Thumbs up Renderings by Billy Fish (Evil Genius Design)

After tossing back several different concepts of what direction I wanted to take my '77 GMC Stepside, I finally figured it out. However, figuring out the direction still left me needing to figure out the details. From everything I have ever seen, most pro-level customization projects begin with a rendering, an artistic sketch showing their vision of the finished project. It seemed like an important step for me as well, to prevent my dumb ass from buying or making parts that wouldn't flow well together. So I began my search for a person or company to do my rendering. At first I was leaning towards the hand drawn renderings, but all of those that I found were out of my budget. So I "settled" for a guy doing photoshop renderings.

While at first I was drawn to the photoshop renderings for their far more reasonable pricing, if I had to do it all over again, at any budget, I'd still go for a rendering of the photoshop variety. Here's why, with photoshop making a change is fairly simple, with a drawing it's not. I originally thought, I'd send the artist all of my wants with pictures and thorough descriptions, he'd throw it together and it would be done. It hasn't been like that at all. Billy Fish, of Evil Genius Design is the artist who I went with, and he has been an integral part of the design process. He didn't just take my ideas and run with them, he made several suggestions himself. It was really great having someone to bounce ideas off with and he took the time to make a few variations of different aspects so I could decide which one to go with. I could really sense he took pride in his work and was almost as enthusiastic about the design as I was.

I can't speak highly enough of Billy Fish's work. By far this was the best "bang for the buck" purchase I have made for my trucks progress. He regularly shot me emails updating me with the progress and several of his ideas are things I might not have thought of myself, but that I am DEFINITELY going to use. This is my first ever rendering, and I can honestly say I will NEVER begin a custom project again without getting a proper rendering done as a first step and as long as Billy's still doing them, he will be my go to guy.

Some other of Billy's renderings can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...969.1011275458, you can message him via facebook if your interested or PM me for his email. I was just blown away by his work, his ideas and his prices, so I felt obliged to pass on his name.

Some of the mods in it are:
-Custom painted 20" Coys with knock offs
-Shaved handles, stock mirrors, drip rails, side markers, stake holes.
-Smoothed tailgate w/ louvered Mar-K tailgate and Sir Michaels roll pan w/ iron cross lights
-Custom made grille using black mesh like the modern GMC trucks.
-Custom louvered hood.
-Clear turn signals
-Iron cross peep mirrors
-Side exit exhaust right in front of rear tires.
-Satin flat black paint with a matte metal flake lime green for the wheels and roof.
-Custom pinstriping

I am anxiously awaiting my Porterbuilt Stage 2 rear (a brand new product, I pre-ordered) to bring the ass down, but retain my bed floor. I also am awaiting my viair 480c dual pack, air tank and assorted fittings. It will all be ran into a VU4 accuair valve controlled by an AVS 7 switch controller until I can save up for the full accuair e-level management. It will also have Bell Tech front and rear sway bars and 3" drop spindles.

For now the 327 in it will get a tune up, but after the suspension/ body stuff is done, I plan to start building up an fuel injected LSx family engine to the tune of 5-600hp. I haven't exactly figured out what engine or how I will build it to get there, but I know the end goal. It will most likely be a bored and built junkyard engine with new bits and pieces. I will also keep it manual, probably a six speed.

I don't expect a sports car but a fun driver truck is my main intention.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882896
WhatWouldSeanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
MikeS.

Re: Renderings by Billy Fish (Evil Genius Design)

Too bad the link is no longer valid.
Triluminar Lodge #117 GL of WVa

My 1963 4x4 Suburban build;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531274

My Gallery, now with pics of my 1966 C30 motorhome.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...&ppuser=103447
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote