The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #26
thepenguin99

Re: Magic Ball Joints from CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
dude rethink your attitude. Your not the only one with an issue with this company. Post in the proper area that folks DO use and your stuff wont get moved. The site has separate sections for a reason.

Hopefully Jeff will fix your issue. The list of cpp sucks posts is getting ridiculous. From personal experience I think there are issues they need to tend to. Hope it all works out for you. Let me know if you need any assistance... but dont be a butt about it.
You are aware you quoted my post then replied like I am the OP when I am not right?
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am well aware of whom I qouted and why. As well as whom started the thread and the issues. But thank you for asking and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #28
lo72
Truck Junkie

Ok children let's play nice. Liz sorry about the comments. This board is a big help to us all and we need it. I posted in the wrong forum. There is a problem with CPP I just wasn't aware how many have had issues with them . Lesson learned. Sorry I made the original post .None however were directed to this board or it's management
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
lo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #29
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo72 View Post
Ok children let's play nice. Liz sorry about the comments. This board is a big help to us all and we need it. I posted in the wrong forum. There is a problem with CPP I just wasn't aware how many have had issues with them . Lesson learned. Sorry I made the original post .None however were directed to this board or it's management
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I am sorry I came across harsh on your end of the reply. I was pissy over the bs comment after. Not an excuse, but how it was. I do apologize for being hateful in my reply to your part.

Anytime you have an issue with a board vendor, please post it in the review area. What folks do not realize is this area emails the admins everytime there is a post made. That way we can try to keep up with any issues going on.

Thanks and again sorry
Old 12-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
Hart_Rod

Any resolution on this?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #31
lo72
Truck Junkie

Nothing as yet, I sent an email yesterday to see if they had shipped my stuff back and so far no one has returned my calls...still waiting
Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #32
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Guys there are no nightmares here at CPP. We are a group of guys doing the best job we can. We appreciate all of your buisness and we take none of it for granted. We got this issue worked out aswell as numerous oher ones that have came up in the past. Dont let these issues deture you from chosing Classic Performance Products on your build. Also e-mail me anytime direct at jeff@classicperform.com because sometimes i never even see these posts.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #33
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Guys there are no nightmares here at CPP. We are a group of guys doing the best job we can. We appreciate all of your buisness and we take none of it for granted. We got this issue worked out aswell as numerous oher ones that have came up in the past. Dont let these issues deture you from chosing Classic Performance Products on your build. Also e-mail me anytime direct at jeff@classicperform.com because sometimes i never even see these posts.
What was the solution Jeff?

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #34
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
What was the solution Jeff?

R/
We got him a different set of balljoints and got him his credit for shipping.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #35
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

So what year spindle was shipped and which balljoints?
The outer tie rods will have to match the spindles also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 12-15-2010 at 09:23 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #36
lo72
Truck Junkie

The solution to the problem is that to use these spindles you must use MOOG ball joints. Mario from CPP is going to get with Western to see why you can't use any balljoint ie Advance brand. The problem lies in the upper balljoint taper and Moog is the only ball joint that will fit. i won't be able to put them on till after the holidays to be sure, but hand fitting them they seem to fit better than the others i tried. So we will see! lolife99 they sent the same spindles back to me and sent two moog joints..the tierod ends fit the taper as they should they were for a 85 c-10 the taper is off somewhat

Last edited by lo72; 12-15-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added info to the post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #37
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
The solution to the problem is that to use these spindles you must use MOOG ball joints. Mario from CPP is going to get with Western to see why you can't use any balljoint ie Advance brand. The problem lies in the upper balljoint taper and Moog is the only ball joint that will fit. i won't be able to put them on till after the holidays to be sure, but hand fitting them they seem to fit better than the others i tried. So we will see! lolife99 they sent the same spindles back to me and sent two moog joints..the tierod ends fit the taper as they should they were for a 85 c-10 the taper is off somewhat
So you're saying that if I order a set of 73-87 Western Chassis spindles,... I have to change the upper balljoint to a new set of Moog balljoints,... even if my balljoints are fine.
That in itself would keep me from buying Western Chassis/CPP spindles.
Especially if I just purchased a set of new tubular a-arms and then had to buy another set of balljoints.
Something still doesn't sound right to me.

Convert to disc brakes.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #38
lo72
Truck Junkie

The Moog joints are the only ones that seem to fit. Mario from CPP told me this afternoon that he would get with Western about the issue, his opinion was the spindle should fit any joint that fits the stock spindle. I guess or hope CPP will work towards getting this straightened out. To answer your question if you buy the current dropped spindle from CPP you will have to have moog upper ball joints or you will have issues no matter if your current ball joints are new or not...the problem is in the taper...im just amazed that the moog joint is different from one from advance auto parts or o'relliys
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #39
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

ADVANCE!!!

I have mentioned a few times how Autozone, Advance and a few others (but not O'Reilly or NAPA that I've encountered) have happily provided me with the wrong parts in the right boxes recently--to the extent that I stopped frequenting there store after a counter clerk could not even recognize that the part in the box was a master cylinder!!!

Yes, I know NAPA, O'Reilly, and the stores I haven't mentioned all have there own drawbacks...I'm not claiming any one is better than the others so much as that I cannot work with the "required psychic abilities beyond the bounds of normal part numbering" expected for Advance and Autozone customers today.

I would approach this as another instance of the wrong part in the right box from Advance.

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.
CSGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #40
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
The Moog joints are the only ones that seem to fit. Mario from CPP told me this afternoon that he would get with Western about the issue, his opinion was the spindle should fit any joint that fits the stock spindle. I guess or hope CPP will work towards getting this straightened out. To answer your question if you buy the current dropped spindle from CPP you will have to have moog upper ball joints or you will have issues no matter if your current ball joints are new or not...the problem is in the taper...im just amazed that the moog joint is different from one from advance auto parts or o'relliys
I guess it's hard for me to believe that Western Chassis (a company that's been making drop spindle longer that just about anyone),... can't get it correct.
The 71-72 spindle and the 73-87 spindle both take the same LOWER ball joint.
The only difference is the UPPER ball joint.
Why would Western make the upper taper "Moog specific" and not the lower taper?
I still think something got boxed incorrectly.
Or something major has changed with Western Chassis manufacturing process.

Convert to disc brakes.

Last edited by lolife99; 12-15-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #41
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

guess I need to get with Jeff.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #42
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
guess I need to get with Jeff.
Guys i am super happy that Mario got involved and got this handled but truthfully i am not 100% sure what the issue is but i am convinced i could walk out into the warehouse right now and grab a set of spindles and put any balljoint from whatever brand and they would work. That being said if anyone has an issue we are here to help but even to this day it is strange we had 2 customers at the same time but this certainly is not anything that has been any kind of recent issue and if there was i would tell you guys.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #43
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Jeff
Thank you for posting and letting everyone know whats up. I know things are busy as sin this time of year. But the most complaints I have gotten from members, is feeling ignored. They are getting delayed responses, and or none at all. This is not directed at you, as there have been different contact people from what I understand. I am glad you were able to get these problems resolved, and appreciate the correspondence we had. As long as the customers know what is going on, and have followup to emails etc, they usually are ok with the process.

Thanks again for the prompt responses to our correspondence yesterday.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #44
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Jeff
Thank you for posting and letting everyone know whats up. I know things are busy as sin this time of year. But the most complaints I have gotten from members, is feeling ignored. They are getting delayed responses, and or none at all. This is not directed at you, as there have been different contact people from what I understand. I am glad you were able to get these problems resolved, and appreciate the correspondence we had. As long as the customers know what is going on, and have followup to emails etc, they usually are ok with the process.

Thanks again for the prompt responses to our correspondence yesterday.
No problem Liz and everyone else. Happy Holidays!!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #45
MalibuKasey
Artist

Im thinking outloud cause Ive recently starting getting a noise in my right front hub steering blah blah blah.... sooooo do you have to use Moogs in both the uppers AND lowers or just the uppers. Im going to end up ripping my suspension apart tonight to try and find the problem. Mines a 66 using 78 brakes etc, CPP spindles, Rotors etc.... and help would be great.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #46
yukon

Moog has changed their ball joint design, for some reason. The new design is pretty but it wouldn't work with the cpp spindle i have, taper is smaller.
yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:29 AM   #47
Ozzy2013

Wow i just bought upper and lower ball joints for a 1985 chevy c 10 year spindles im using .One upper fit great the other the taper was too large and didnt go into the spindle far enough .Same part number on the box !Napa brand .Going to get a new one and see i suspect someone put the wrong one in the box.
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #48
cableguy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy2013 View Post
Wow i just bought upper and lower ball joints for a 1985 chevy c 10 year spindles im using .One upper fit great the other the taper was too large and didnt go into the spindle far enough .Same part number on the box !Napa brand .Going to get a new one and see i suspect someone put the wrong one in the box.
Its probably not the wrong part in the box. Quality on parts across the board has dropped like a rock. I spin wrenches for a living and your lucky to get a part that visually looks the same if you get a pair of the same piece. These companies are outsourcing to the lowest bidder in China. The parts are garbage and we are all suffering for it. I turn wrenches for a living and due to parts quality recent am seriously considering finding another line of work. Im tired of cars not even getting out of the shop due to brand new parts that are bad out of the box or don't fit etc etc etc. The amount of parts failures we have seen in the last year or so is ridiculous. Almost every previously American brand now has made in China stamped on the box. Moog, Fel-pro and many others have now outsourced.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #49
Ozzy2013

Yup couldn't agree more it was the wrong taper pulled 4 out of boxes in the store and all had different methods of sealing the grease around the tapered shaft!Unreal i miss THE USA im old enough to remember all of the great products we used to make right here .Its a damn shame and its killing our economy .Its all a ponzi scheme its not if its going to collapse its when .
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Yup, selling out American jobs to foreign countries benefits none of us. Mr. Big increases his profit margins and shipping is increased...using less and less labor. I don't see prices being cheaper, although quality is lower than a whale belly. Quality control is non-existent. Consistency? Remember when something you could "rely on" was a key selling factor? Now you can't "rely on" the same product being there the next time, you can't "rely on" anything working right, and you can't "rely on" anything being "reliable". We have already failed. Now what are we going to do about it?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote