The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
John @ BROTHERS

Re: Brothers strikes again

coloradosean2009 - PM sent
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #27
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Wow, I just discovered this thread after posting on a similar one 7 times (2 thumbs up for "Brothers") about concerns with Brother's over 20 posts and about 1 good 1 ok and the rest are pissed including myself...

C'mon John look how many customers your losing ....throw us a reassuring comment here or everyone is going to run to LMC...........
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #28
Dano69c10

I like shopping at Brothers (they are local for me), but....
I don't understand how a company this big does not track inventory.
As soon as a customer places a website order, it should tell the customer whether or not the item is in stock or back-ordered, then give the customer the option of cancelling the back-ordered item before they pay.
Logistics is a complicated concept, but now-a-days it seems that inventory tracking software should be able to handle the job.
In the future, I will be calling in my orders.
Just my $0.02
Dano

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!

Last edited by Dano69c10; 01-04-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #29
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I shop at Classic Parts of America, the old Chevy Duty until GM got a case of the Arse. And I DO call in my orders for that very reason!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!

Last edited by Clyde65; 01-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano69c10 View Post
I like shopping at Brothers (they are local for me), but....
I don't understand how a company this big does not track inventory.
As soon as a customer places a website order, it should tell the customer whether or not the item is in stock or back-ordered, then give the customer the option of cancelling the back-ordered item before they pay.
Logistics is a complicated concept, but now-a-days it seems that inventory tracking software should be able to handle the job.
In the future, I will be calling in my orders.
Just my $0.02
Dano
Hey Dano,

Check thread "2 thumbs up for brothers" I asked the same questions you did and got a answer something like this: Brothers is not large enough a company to have the technology to apply this to their website; they suggested ordering using the phone ...(kinda like we used to do 20 years ago!!!)

I'm not an expert but my corner "ma and pa" hardware store can make about 2 clicks on their computer and tell me not only if they have an item but exactly how many in stock at that moment in time.

If inventory and tracking software is cheap enough for a local low buck store ..you can't tell me that Brother's doesn't have it already.

I still think that it's in their best interest NOT to tell you they don't have something "ready to ship" because they know you might look somewhere else. IMHO
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #31
Dano69c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHNBOBO View Post
Hey Dano,

Check thread "2 thumbs up for brothers" I asked the same questions you did and got a answer something like this: Brothers is not large enough a company to have the technology to apply this to their website; they suggested ordering using the phone ...(kinda like we used to do 20 years ago!!!)

I'm not an expert but my corner "ma and pa" hardware store can make about 2 clicks on their computer and tell me not only if they have an item but exactly how many in stock at that moment in time.

If inventory and tracking software is cheap enough for a local low buck store ..you can't tell me that Brother's doesn't have it already.

I still think that it's in their best interest NOT to tell you they don't have something "ready to ship" because they know you might look somewhere else. IMHO
Wow agree with you on this. I was just thinking about my neighborhood hardware store also.

It might be a good way to get hold of peoples' money, but in this age of the internet your reputation can be tarnished pretty fast...

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
-sean-

Thumbs down Re: Brothers strikes again

Man, I wish I would have read this thread before I ordered with them!

I am having all of the issues stated in this thread and more.
To be fare, I PM'ed John so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by -sean-; 03-15-2011 at 03:30 PM.
-sean- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

worth readin this thread..........won't be shoppin there
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #34
lilpoindexter

I have requested catalogs from them 2x...they never sent me one...I'm kind of glad after reading these posts!
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #35
-sean-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
I have requested catalogs from them 2x...they never sent me one...I'm kind of glad after reading these posts!
3X and they all show shipped on their web site, nothin' ever reached my mail box. Two of those request were via their customer service folks on the phone. I have just come to the conclusion that they do not feel that I am worthy of their products... my feelings are hurt.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #36
leddzepp

The new catalog is not out yet. I was just in there yesterday and asked for one.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
GeorgeVale

I agree with their website being useless, I placed a order and a month later still had not heard anything. Got them on the phone and found the international guy Tim to be excellent sorted my order and shipped it next day. To be fair to brothers had same problem with classic parts of america. I rang them got the international lady carrie and she was fantastic as well. Seems to me best to just ring these firms as the website order systems are useless.
GeorgeVale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #38
-sean-

Still waiting for the three catalogs that the web site and the folks on the phone say shipped... over two months ago.

I will say that every time I have called the folks on the phone are always very pleasant and seem to legitimately care. It just seems as though that's where the customer service ends, after that nobody seems to give a poop.
Sad considering that the parts I have received are nice.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #39
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

I had the same problem with brothers back when I bought my side trim for my '78. They told me on the phone the full kits were in stock, then when most of the parts showed up, 4 were missing. I called them back and they said no it's not a kit but they piece it together and some things would be backordered for 4 months. I bought the missing pieces from classic parts, and they got here in a couple of days and i got the truck all buttoned up and the trim from brothers rolled in about 3 months after the truck was all complete.

I've just had a very similar experience with GMPARTSGIANT.COM

I ordered 2 sidemarker lights, they cancelled the order after charging me with no reason why, then put in the odrer again, they refunded my money from the first order, and now the order has been sitting, waiting to be shipped out for 8 days now, with no contact until I emailed them today. they told me they wont ship out for 3 more days.

This is totally, perfectly, unquestionably UNACCEPTABLE. This is 2011 guys, not 1981. When my credit card gets charged, if my parts aren't on the way (IN THE SHIPPERS HANDS) in 2 or 3 days max, you just lost a customer.

I just ordered a set of E-Fans from Truckcustomizers.com on friday at about 11am. It was Free shipping, and the part showed up THE NEXT DAY about 3pm, on a saturday... so that tells me it was in the shippers hands that afternoon. that is customer service.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #40
Newtz67

I've never dealt with Brothers other than ordering a catalog, which I get regularly. Always thought their prices were a little high. Now, my wife gets part of her pay under the table because her boss is a tightass and doesn't like to pay taxes. This means gift cards for me to anywhere I want. I usually use the truck shop but they do not take gift cards online. Love Summit, they rock, very fast shipping and excellent customer service. So recently I was looking at Brothers for quite a few items. I'm glad I read this thread. I will not be ordering from them until I see better news about them. Thanks guys!
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #41
scottsdaleowner75
Account Suspended

I waited 6 weeks for a carpet kit only to find out they drop ship about everything. Went in for a transfercase shift boot and retaining ring and wasn't in stock. Went in for a set of carpeted kick panels, not in stock. Went in for a set of carpeted lower door panels. guess what? NOT IN STOCK. I had a plastic dash pad from them that cracked in several places after installed and looks as bad as the dash it is covering. All in all Not my favorite store but better quality on items than LMC. I prefer classic parts to Brothers anyday which is sad because i am so local to Brothers. Heck Corona is my home town.
scottsdaleowner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #42
Joemomma1

Looks like theyre a vendor here but do not address these issues. I swore I would never purchase anything from them. I also will discourage anyone I know from ordering from them just because of this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #43
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

I like the supprt and show Brothers offers the community....

Every time I have been there they are knowlegable and very friendly so I would never have a complaint.

With that said I think there computer system or tracking system is flawed....I have been there a couple times and I will make sure they pull the part befor I buy it. A couple months ago I went in and bought some parts that they had in stock only to be told that there are no more in the box when they went to grab them.

It wasn't a big deal but I did pay for 3 (minor) items that they didn't have for a couple weeks.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #44
J/D/S

Well I just got my money back from brothers. I ordered a dash pad April 2 and I just finally ask for my money back today after waiting all that time for my part to come in. Never again will I order from brothers.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #45
CTENTA1
Registered 1971 K5

Thumbs down Re: Brothers strikes again

They got me too!
Tailgate Kit on back order. No credit to my CC they have to send out a check. Oh wait they did send out the check but I never got it!
They cant do a stop payment/ Hhmmm Odd!
They can't send a new check till records show it was not chashed.
This was back in March.

Im calling BS on this one.

Pm sent to John @ Brothers

Last edited by CTENTA1; 05-16-2011 at 12:59 PM.
CTENTA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #46
lilpoindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTENTA1 View Post
They got me too!
Tailgate Kit on back order. No credit to my CC they have to send out a check. Oh wait they did send out the check but I never got it!
They cant do a stop payment/ Hhmmm Odd!
They can't send a new check till records show it was not chashed.
This was back in March.

Im calling BS on this one.

Pm sent to John @ Brothers
Get your credit card involved, sounds like they are committing fraud.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #47
mikey531

I wish I had seen this before I put in an order...... I have e-mailed and no response. I will try the 800 number tomorrow. A little communication would go along way towards customer service.
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #48
Three8six

Yea they are messing up my order right now as we speak. Straight bold face lied to me on May 5th that they would send my bumper. Then again on May 9th. Then I call today May 17th and the same story STILL HAVENT SHIPPED IT. I swear some people are idiots.
Three8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #49
mikey531

I got an e-mail from them a few minutes ago and they said they would ship out what they had in stock today and the rest in 5 to 7 days. I will post on here when I get them.
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #50
Three8six

Mikey Id go ahead and get a refund. They gave me the same exact story 4 emails later, 2 calls later, and it still was not shipped.
Three8six is offline   Reply With Quote