The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

I sent it back using the label they emailed me...we'll see how long it takes to get a new one and if it's good and everything missing is included. They never sent the wiring adapter and now there are no tilt or turn signal handles in the package
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #27
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Posted via Mobile Device

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #28
VA72C10
VA72C10

No news yet
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #29
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Unfreakinreal
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #30
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Hey bro who are you dealing with down here? I have about 20 of those floorshift columns on the shelf, get with me. This is a perfect example, this issue is several months old and i was just made aware of it, hit me up, lets get this handled... Total bummer my appologies.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #31
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Wow, talk about some serious communication breakdown. Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing over there??
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
Wow, talk about some serious communication breakdown. Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing over there??
Lots of right hands and lefts hands down here! 65 right and left hands to be precise, honestly i have no idea what the other 64 sets of right and left hands are doing.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Just put yourself in his shoes for a minute. He won this item 7 months ago. 7 months!!! And it still hasn't been resolved correctly. That's just plain embarassing and there's no excuse for it.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #34
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Just put yourself in his shoes for a minute. He won this item 7 months ago. 7 months!!! And it still hasn't been resolved correctly. That's just plain embarassing and there's no excuse for it.
Couldn't be more precise, for almost 7 months i knew nothing about it and i actually know this customer, I would not argue its embarassing at all, hence the reason i just put my cape with an "S" on the chest on and exited the telephone booth! Time to play superman! LOL! We will get him fixed up in no time, uts already been long enough!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #35
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

One thing that may help you resolve many of the complaints I read about CPP is to make use of an aging report. Each week at the minimum a back order aging report should be run and gone over with purchasing and shipping that way you know which customers are waiting and how long its been.

Second is a daily report on out of stock items and notify the customer in a few days rather than a few weeks and only when they call.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #36
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
One thing that may help you resolve many of the complaints I read about CPP is to make use of an aging report. Each week at the minimum a back order aging report should be run and gone over with purchasing and shipping that way you know which customers are waiting and how long its been.

Second is a daily report on out of stock items and notify the customer in a few days rather than a few weeks and only when they call.
Dave when i read your reply i almost fell out of my chair! You are either in the industry or run some type of similar buisness, the owner here begs us to run our reports weekly but unless you stay off the clock to do that it is almost impossible to find time to do those reports. Point well taken!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #37
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Dave when i read your reply i almost fell out of my chair! You are either in the industry or run some type of similar buisness, the owner here begs us to run our reports weekly but unless you stay off the clock to do that it is almost impossible to find time to do those reports. Point well taken!
I had to read this twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.
So you guys actually have some of the tools to minimize your issues but choose not to use them to save some hours that would need to be paid?
*shakes head*
Maybe if you guys were proactive instead of reactive and caught some of these problems before they happened you wouldn't have to worry about posts like this and the many others in this section and have more time to better service your customers that have the patience to put up with this nonsense.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #38
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
I had to read this twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.
So you guys actually have some of the tools to minimize your issues but choose not to use them to save some hours that would need to be paid?
*shakes head*
Maybe if you guys were proactive instead of reactive and caught some of these problems before they happened you wouldn't have to worry about posts like this and the many others in this section and have more time to better service your customers that have the patience to put up with this nonsense.
Just being brutally honest, i suppose i could have lied but that would be counter productive. I will say this also, yes there are lots of complaints on this board but for every complaint i bet there is a 100 orders that go perfect, u will never be able to please everyone and i agree most of these examples are just plain unacceptable we still really have a super high ratio of satisfied customers, this place is just crazy busy! There is no honest down time here, an 8 hour day goes by in 15 minutes. No matter what you do you will always have posts like these, its 2012 and the life of the boards. These boards can be your best friend or your worst enemy, when i get involved they are usually my best friend! I will never tell you guys anything but straight facts whether thats good or bad, i want you guys to have visibility whenever possible. Great post bro!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #39
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Just being brutally honest, i suppose i could have lied but that would be counter productive. I will say this also, yes there are lots of complaints on this board but for every complaint i bet there is a 100 orders that go perfect, u will never be able to please everyone and i agree most of these examples are just plain unacceptable we still really have a super high ratio of satisfied customers, this place is just crazy busy! There is no honest down time here, an 8 hour day goes by in 15 minutes. No matter what you do you will always have posts like these, its 2012 and the life of the boards. These boards can be your best friend or your worst enemy, when i get involved they are usually my best friend! I will never tell you guys anything but straight facts whether thats good or bad, i want you guys to have visibility whenever possible. Great post bro!
A lot of owners in this business know they have customer relations issues but choose not to do anything about it because the cash rolling in far out weighs the cash lost on a bad deals or the cost to fix them and that's unfortunate.

Good service is not hard to do but it does need to be the company culture and staying late some times to get orders done or preventing customer problems it part of that culture.

I sell a fan relay kit for Mark VIII and Taurus fans, its a niche market in side a niche market. I dominate this market and have to almost 3 years now for four reasons.
1). If a customer calls with a problem its fix to their satisfaction on the phone, they know what the remedy is and when to expect it. Yes I do make mistakes and they accept that.

2). I answer the phone up to 9 pm central for support because that's when most guys are installing my kits. If they need me on the phone while they diagnose an issue then that's what they get. You would not believe the word of mouth advertising from this alone.

3). I make sure the package going out is correct each time and if for some reason its not right when they get it I own the problem and fix it asap, that day or next day at the latest. In most cases I eat the extra shipping.

4). If there will be a back order when they make the purchase they get a call that day or next morning telling them when a parts is expected in and the option to refund the sale or wait. They have always waited.

Customer service needs to be a product that is bundled with each sale for free. The customers only obligations to the sale stop once he makes the payment and many companies make the customer jump through hoops just to get the right part.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #40
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Hey bro who are you dealing with down here? I have about 20 of those floorshift columns on the shelf, get with me. This is a perfect example, this issue is several months old and i was just made aware of it, hit me up, lets get this handled... Total bummer my appologies.
Danny Castillo has been the one (not ) helping me...
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #41
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
A lot of owners in this business know they have customer relations issues but choose not to do anything about it because the cash rolling in far out weighs the cash lost on a bad deals or the cost to fix them and that's unfortunate.

Good service is not hard to do but it does need to be the company culture and staying late some times to get orders done or preventing customer problems it part of that culture.

I sell a fan relay kit for Mark VIII and Taurus fans, its a niche market in side a niche market. I dominate this market and have to almost 3 years now for four reasons.
1). If a customer calls with a problem its fix to their satisfaction on the phone, they know what the remedy is and when to expect it. Yes I do make mistakes and they accept that.

2). I answer the phone up to 9 pm central for support because that's when most guys are installing my kits. If they need me on the phone while they diagnose an issue then that's what they get. You would not believe the word of mouth advertising from this alone.

3). I make sure the package going out is correct each time and if for some reason its not right when they get it I own the problem and fix it asap, that day or next day at the latest. In most cases I eat the extra shipping.

4). If there will be a back order when they make the purchase they get a call that day or next morning telling them when a parts is expected in and the option to refund the sale or wait. They have always waited.

Customer service needs to be a product that is bundled with each sale for free. The customers only obligations to the sale stop once he makes the payment and many companies make the customer jump through hoops just to get the right part.
In my next life i will sell fan relay kits and i promise #1 thru 4 will all be handled accordingly, at CPP the catalog has 300 pages of goodies. I can honestly say i have been in retail 20 years i have worked 11 of those here and NEVER in my life have i ever experienced a place so busy in my life and the last company i was with was on the Fortune 500 on the New York stock exchange. I have come to realize you do the best you can do and that all you can do, stress is the leading cause of death, i refuse to have my funeral at 37 years old! Your point is well taken and if you are ever in the Orange County area stop by and i will give you a shop tour.

Last edited by CPPJEFF; 03-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #42
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Ok he will be getting approached this morning. Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
..... I will say this also, yes there are lots of complaints on this board but for every complaint i bet there is a 100 orders that go perfect, u will never be able to please everyone and i agree most of these examples are just plain unacceptable we still really have a super high ratio of satisfied customers, this place is just crazy busy!
Jeff I admire your fortitude for coming here and working with our members even though CPP is no longer a Vendor here. I find myself perplexed with total frustration when it comes to CPP. You have done an amazing job of resolving issues for CPP customers. Unfortunately I don't see this situation ever improving due to the perspective of your boss.

I spent over an hour on the phone with him and found him to be a very intelligent man with a extremely successful business. Despite his obvious business intellect and passion for the industry, the feeling I left with was he felt the customer dissatisfaction ratio was so small that it was not an issue.

I am in the service industry and know that no matter how hard I try, there will be unsatisfied customers. I know this from years of experience, but I never find it acceptable. I strive daily to find proactive ways to improve my customer satisfaction even though I know 100% will never be achieved.

My point Jeff is that until the owner of CPP becomes more proactive in his customer satisfaction ratio, you will always be putting out fires. Good luck with it my friend.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #44
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Jeff I admire your fortitude for coming here and working with our members even though CPP is no longer a Vendor here. I find myself perplexed with total frustration when it comes to CPP. You have done an amazing job of resolving issues for CPP customers. Unfortunately I don't see this situation ever improving due to the perspective of your boss.

I spent over an hour on the phone with him and found him to be a very intelligent man with a extremely successful business. Despite his obvious business intellect and passion for the industry, the feeling I left with was he felt the customer dissatisfaction ratio was so small that it was not an issue.

I am in the service industry and know that no matter how hard I try, there will be unsatisfied customers. I know this from years of experience, but I never find it acceptable. I strive daily to find proactive ways to improve my customer satisfaction even though I know 100% will never be achieved.

My point Jeff is that until the owner of CPP becomes more proactive in his customer satisfaction ratio, you will always be putting out fires. Good luck with it my friend.
Not to stir the pot, but do you know what their CSI ratio is? How many orders they are running in 1 day?

I have never ordered from them. But being in customer service myself. They lack what every big new company lacks. Communication. Communication fixes all. If they communicated correctly with VA72 he would of had his part returned correctly the second time and we probably wouldnt of seen the post.

Hopefully they work out their issues.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
What is your first and last name?? We are working on this right now....
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post

Ken dont fall over when i say this but its made out to be a WAY bigger deal than it actually is. We ship about 300 orders a day and i would say 1 of 300 goes south and all of them are very fixable, and although i wish there was no need to fix anything its just nature of the beast. This place is actually not a new company and runs really well outside of these constant glitches that are brought to the boards. My boss is far from somebody who doesn't care and i can say we tried MANY times to get with Josh and find out what we needed to do to remain a site vendor and he ignored my requests aswell as Jims, kind of sounds like the service we supposedly give our customers! Seriously the wierdest part is we are beating sales records and every phone line in the building is lit off the hook all day long, so we must be doing ALOT right! I agree i wish i would never have problems here but i am convinced that these issues will always be around. Great to hear from you Ken! Your truck looks killer!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #47
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Not to stir the pot, but do you know what their CSI ratio is? How many orders they are running in 1 day?

I have never ordered from them. But being in customer service myself. They lack what every big new company lacks. Communication. Communication fixes all. If they communicated correctly with VA72 he would of had his part returned correctly the second time and we probably wouldnt of seen the post.

Hopefully they work out their issues.
300 orders a day. "every new big company" CPP has been around since 1991, certainly not a new big company.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #48
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Ok i just had my sales rep leave a message with the customer, just to clear the air, at this point the customer has had 3 columns in his possesion according to the order. I will get all the details and keep you guys posted. Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #49
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
300 orders a day. "every new big company" CPP has been around since 1991, certainly not a new big company.
If you do 300 a day, and have 1 or 2 go south. Thats better then a majority of businesses out there.

I have never even been to your site. I built a whole truck and didnt order one cpp part. Im heading over there now to see what i missed.

THanks for sticking around jeff. After a few months of some constant good service, hopefully they will let you back on. Maybe a few people who had good experiences will post up here.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #50
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
..... My boss is far from somebody who doesn't care and i can say we tried MANY times to get with Josh and find out what we needed to do to remain a site vendor and he ignored my requests as well as Jims....
Once again, I appreciate your continued diligence in making things right. Honestly Jeff you and Danny have been the only saving grace for CPP on this site.

Although its not my place to speak for Josh, I can tell you why the requests were ignored. It was simply because of the bad reputation that CPP has acquired on this forum.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote