The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #26
zook
Registered User
 
zook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: overland park, ks
Posts: 166
Re: C-Notch welds?

I think I would request a call tag sent or emailed for return of defective of parts. Good luck! I work for my money and don't like it when I get the short end of the stick.
Posted via Mobile Device
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #27
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW
 
BR3W CITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MKE WI
Posts: 7,132
Re: C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Did you try and talk to CPPJeff, he's a boardmember here. He can usually help. My notches were all like that. I just welded where they didn't.
This thread has been going for 2 days, no doubt the vendor has seen it if they are active....the fact that its gone this far and THEY haven't stepped in to save their own name shows the typical CPP mentality. "We have your money, good luck."

You thought finishing the work the company was supposed to do is ok?
__________________
'66 Short Step / SD Tuned / Big Cam LQ4 / Backhalfed /Built 4l80e / #REBUILDEVERYTHING

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
lil_sahara450r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chickasha, OK
Posts: 182
Re: C-Notch welds?

Agree ^^^^^^!!!
lil_sahara450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
Moax
Registered User
 
Moax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Millbrae, CA
Posts: 34
Re: C-Notch welds?

No I didn't try to contact CPPJeff. I have already
sent them back.
I think my problem now with CPP is not just
that the C-notches were welded for crap,
but the fact of what I was told when I called,
and tried to let them know that there was a problem.
I really don't give a ratsass if you have sold
enough of these to buy a private island or not,
or that I am the only one to have ever complained.
The welding job sucked, I was polite and tried
to resolve the issue, I even asked for another set,
giving them the benefit of the doubt. Then I
was told they didn't want to send me another
set because I'd just complain about those too.
HELL YAH, I'd complain about those too if the
welds sucked on those.
As for welding then myself, WHAT???
I paid for this product to be done.
I'm a contractor, do you know how quickly I'd
be out of business if I expected my clients to
finish my jobs.
So, after a longer rant than my first, no, I didn't
contact CPPJeff and really don't ever plan to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Eddie
A lonely DODGERS fan in a sea of orange and black

1963 GMC Project
1997 Silverado 4X4
Moax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #30
Moax
Registered User
 
Moax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Millbrae, CA
Posts: 34
Re: C-Notch welds?

Hey guys, I just read my last post, just so there is no
confusion here, I'm not mad at any ones post, of even at CPP,
I just think CPP's customer service sucks, I will
never do business with them again, and I
just wanted to let others see what they sent me,
and to know how I was dealt with.
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Eddie
A lonely DODGERS fan in a sea of orange and black

1963 GMC Project
1997 Silverado 4X4
Moax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #31
Sicklajoie
The Niner
 
Sicklajoie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Broad Brook, CT
Posts: 2,357
Re: C-Notch welds?

I noticed that Jeff hasn't been on this board since August. Maybe the company told him to stay off the board because of all the fires he had to put out here.
CPP's response to you about the welds is pretty cocky and pathetic.
You couldn't pay me to do business with them, judging by their track record on this site alone.
__________________
"A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
"There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy
1969 C/20 Custom Camper - Hugger Orange
2003 GMC Sierra 2500 - Wheatland Yellow
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #32
shawno72
C/10 junkie
 
shawno72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockton Ca
Posts: 9,127
Re: C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
You thought finishing the work the company was supposed to do is ok?
What I thought was you get what you pay for and being a welder for many years, certified and the whole bit, the welds are actually plenty for what their purpose is. They were welded hot enough and had plenty of penetration. I just added some of my own cause I love overkill and it's my truck so I can do that, right? With CPP I learned a long time ago if your gonna buy their stuff don't expect to amazed with their product. We all know this or will soone learn it So for less than $100 to my door I still feel the notches will get the job done for the money. If I wanted anything more or was building a truck to showcase the suspension I would have contacted Porterbuilt and have gotten quality parts in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Shawn

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold


http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #33
shawno72
C/10 junkie
 
shawno72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockton Ca
Posts: 9,127
Re: C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moax View Post
No I didn't try to contact CPPJeff. I have already
sent them back.
I think my problem now with CPP is not just
that the C-notches were welded for crap,
but the fact of what I was told when I called,
and tried to let them know that there was a problem.
I really don't give a ratsass if you have sold
enough of these to buy a private island or not,
or that I am the only one to have ever complained.
The welding job sucked, I was polite and tried
to resolve the issue, I even asked for another set,
giving them the benefit of the doubt. Then I
was told they didn't want to send me another
set because I'd just complain about those too.
HELL YAH, I'd complain about those too if the
welds sucked on those.
As for welding then myself, WHAT???
I paid for this product to be done.
I'm a contractor, do you know how quickly I'd
be out of business if I expected my clients to
finish my jobs.
So, after a longer rant than my first, no, I didn't
contact CPPJeff and really don't ever plan to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I can see you have been formerly welcomed to the Cpp disfunctional family I was only offering another outlet to try to get the issue resolved. No reason to bite my head off as we have all gone through the frustration of CPPs lack of customer service. Live and learn my friend, hopefully you get as much money back as you can
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Shawn

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold


http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
WIDESIDE72
Senior Member
 
WIDESIDE72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 7,485
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I just finished installing a CPP spring drop kit on my 72 that I bought here on the board. It had never been installed. The quality on it is fine as there was nothing for them to weld and screw up. I have to wonder if the c notches are mad overseas. The lack of quality seems typical or Chinese/ Taiwanese quality.

I was doing some research as I'm thinking of going lower. I have a set of 2-1/" dropped spindles to add to the CPP springs and I was researching c notches and came across this thread. Now I know not to buy them from CPP! That kind of poor customer service reallllllllly chaps me.
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
WIDESIDE72
Senior Member
 
WIDESIDE72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 7,485
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I am not a professional welder but my 75 yo retired dad was and I can tell bad welds when I see them! He worked in the pipeline industry and had numerous 100% dray jobs over the years. I still get him to weld up anything I worry about such as hitches and such.
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
nds1968
Registered User
 
nds1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,691
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

The CPP C-Notch will get the job done. You pretty much get what you pay for. If you want a top quality C-Notch it will cost. Here is what I used http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=405750
__________________
Nate

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #37
leddzepp
Moderator

 
leddzepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 18,655
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I have a CPP notch. Zero issues, I would buy another one in a heart beat.
__________________
1972 C/10 Cheyenne Super SWB. Restored, loaded, slammed.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.


RIP ElJay
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
GMtrucknut!!
Registered User
 
GMtrucknut!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Attica,indiana
Posts: 265
Smile Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

:metal I had issues with CPP and yes Jeff did resolve the problem but I endured his attitude about CPP and promised him that if I ever delt with CPP again I would just contact him personally. But since I have lost their number I doubt I will ever contact him !!! CPP DOESNT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!!
GMtrucknut!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 713
Re: C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
I noticed that Jeff hasn't been on this board since August. Maybe the company told him to stay off the board because of all the fires he had to put out here.
CPP's response to you about the welds is pretty cocky and pathetic.
You couldn't pay me to do business with them, judging by their track record on this site alone.
Wow guys this post sucks! So much negativity to say the least, honestly if you were me would you want to come in here?? LOL On a serious note guys i don't come on here that much and i am not hiding just really busy but just like this post someone e-mailed me and let me know about the issues. Honestly i can say we have sold that c-notch kit for as long as i have worked here just like that. A few years back we went over this and we decided to make a heavy duty version with thicker material and welded 100% for the guys towing. These are not made overseas they are made at CPP. I often wonder how many cool items would not be on the market if it was not for CPP yet you guys say all these rude things about the company and then say how rude the employees are. Something about the pot calling the kettle black i suppose! Listen most of you guys are my friends and i agree it helps to bring issues to the surface and get them rectified but man oh man this one is pretty bad! Seriously as i have said before i appreciate you guys ass customers and appreciate the buisness but sometimes you guys come really hard! Call me direct at 888-522-8303 ext 118 if anyone personally wants to go over anything i will do the best i can. Thanks guys!
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #40
YBNORML
Registered User
 
YBNORML's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 3,701
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I have a CPP notch. Zero issues, I would buy another one in a heart beat.
Agreed!
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jason.

68 GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #41
jd7
Registered User
 
jd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: canoga park, ca.
Posts: 120
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Wow...... I just bout some drop spindles from them @ Pomona Swapmeet,they were boxed wrong. I called them the following Monday and was treated very well, my son lives closer to them than I do he exchanged the spindles for me without a problem.I don't know the internal workings or rules for the customer service operators but I would imagine treating customers like shiat is not whats excepted.I don't think the owner of the company would allow this behavior from an employee because it will effect sales and customer retention.Has anyone written a letter ?
jd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #42
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 713
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd7 View Post
Wow...... I just bout some drop spindles from them @ Pomona Swapmeet,they were boxed wrong. I called them the following Monday and was treated very well, my son lives closer to them than I do he exchanged the spindles for me without a problem.I don't know the internal workings or rules for the customer service operators but I would imagine treating customers like shiat is not whats excepted.I don't think the owner of the company would allow this behavior from an employee because it will effect sales and customer retention.Has anyone written a letter ?
Great reply! The owner of this Company is probably one of the fairest guys on the planet! And yes you are right he hates poor customer service with a passion!!
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #43
wkends
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 37
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I am glad I found these reviews. I am about to order several parts and having Jeff come on here to discuss these issues helps alot. I will contact him direct.
wkends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 713
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkends View Post
I am glad I found these reviews. I am about to order several parts and having Jeff come on here to discuss these issues helps alot. I will contact him direct.
Contact me whenever guys, i don't come on the board that much but you guys have my e-mail.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #45
1965Project
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 37
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I have spent around $1800.00 on CPP parts in the last 6 months - some from Scott's and some directly from CPP- and I can say I really have had no complaints. No, every part didn't fit perfectly but I've had no problems making everything work so far. When you're working on a 48 year old truck you can't expect everything to fit like a glove. That being said, I would not have put that c-notch on my truck without first welding the inside. It would probably be fine like it is but since I have been in the machine and fabrication business for over 25 years it would have caught my attention and I would have corrected it. It would certainly have not kept me from purchasing from CPP again though. There is no telling how many satisfied customers CPP has out there that will never voice that on a board such as this so it seems all we read are the negative experiences. That's just how it seems to go...
1965Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #46
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 713
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965Project View Post
I have spent around $1800.00 on CPP parts in the last 6 months - some from Scott's and some directly from CPP- and I can say I really have had no complaints. No, every part didn't fit perfectly but I've had no problems making everything work so far. When you're working on a 48 year old truck you can't expect everything to fit like a glove. That being said, I would not have put that c-notch on my truck without first welding the inside. It would probably be fine like it is but since I have been in the machine and fabrication business for over 25 years it would have caught my attention and I would have corrected it. It would certainly have not kept me from purchasing from CPP again though. There is no telling how many satisfied customers CPP has out there that will never voice that on a board such as this so it seems all we read are the negative experiences. That's just how it seems to go...
Free t-shirt for you! Call me to collect! Anyone building a 48 year old truck understanding things might not fit wins a t-shirt! 888-522-8303 ext 118 CONGRATS BIG WINNER!
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #47
cori 64
Registered User
 
cori 64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: yucaipa
Posts: 50
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I'm sure those c notches would never come apart even with lack of penetration!!and i've never had trouble with cpp ever! I personally like them because they are close to me so if I have a problem I know they will fix it!! some people should just buy a new truck!
cori 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #48
crakarjax
Registered User
 
crakarjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,249
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

Just got a notch from CPP and the welds look exactly like the first post. I'll be welding up all the inner seams myself I guess, which is ok because I need the practice
__________________
1968 LWB C20 / AC / Wood Bed
crakarjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #49
BigMike
Registered User
 
BigMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita - SoCal
Posts: 1,430
Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I too have ordered thousands of dollars with CPP, for both my truck & my son's 72 Nova. Only had a couple of small issues that were quickly resolved. I recently ordered the trailing arm crossmember, trans crossmember, trac bar & front upper shock mount & all came with great welds, nice powdercoating and correct nuts/bolts. Shock mounts stated it was raw but received them powdercoated which was a nice surprise. I live about 30 minutes away so most of the time I go there, but the last order was shipped with no issues. I will continue to buy from them whenever I need something.

20 years ago you had to pretty much build whatever you wanted because nothing was readily available for our trucks. CPP really has brought a lot to the table for our trucks that we would have otherwise had to pay big $$$ for a fabricator to make it or do it ourselves. Many out there don't have the tools to fabricate the parts CPP makes let alone knows how to weld. So to have a part you can now buy off the shelf for a reasonable price makes it possible for many people to do things to their trucks that would not have been possible 15-20 years ago. We have become a nation of expecting the best possible product for the cheapest possible price. Nowadays, because of companies like CPP, there are dozens of other companies/fabricators out there to choose from for similar products. Where do you think we would be without them?

Like a couple of people said, I would have just welded the spots that I thought needed it an moved on. How many notch kits are out there under $100? Sure look at Porterbuilts welds, but also look at the $200 price tag. Not that it's a bad thing because Porterbuilt makes amazing products, but you pay a premium for them. But many people, myself included, simply cannot afford them.

Just my experience and $.02

Last edited by BigMike; 03-17-2016 at 03:14 AM.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com