The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Step'67

Plasti Dipped the '67

Hey guys, so I had originally done this process over this past summer but wanted to post this thread and see if I could show an example of my truck done and answer any questions people might have about the product/process.

For those of you that don't know, Plasti Dip is a rubber like coating that comes in a variety of colors, metallics, finishes, and what not that can be thinned out and be applied to really just about anything, similar to standard automotive paint. This color is my custom blend of matte finish Antique Silver Metallic. It also comes in gloss, satin, etc.

The benefit of this stuff is that it's durable, cheap, looks great if you take your time just like any other paint, and above all, it is removable like a vinyl wrap when you are tired of the color or want a different look. Beneficial for me since it's my daily driver and it looks good without having to worry about someone at the university hurting an expensive paint job.

That's all the detail I will go into in this first post in case anyone really doesn't care But feel free to post any questions or comments and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Just trying to spread the info and provide info for anyone interested.

Here's a few pics, pardon the load in the bed. Plus my girlfriend always has to grab a pic in it after driving it hard in the desert
Attached Images