The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
fastpace

72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

For a long time I've been wanting a 71-72 Chevy for a daily driver and to just... well be a truck. So I bought this 1972 Highlander LWB Custom with pretty much all the options from the factory. The truck ran great when I bought it, drove it about 400 miles the first weekend I owned it. Overall, it was in great shape with the expected wear for a 40+ year old truck, some cracks in the seats, rust on the drivers side rocker, rust on passenger fender from a leaky battery, and a crappy repaint from a dumb owner along the line. As it was, the truck was perfect for what I wanted, a solid truck for a LSx swap to be used an abused but still look pretty decent and to just enjoy it.

So I drove the truck for about a total of 700 miles, went through about 3 gallons of oil when the truck finally decided it didn't like driving anymore. Instead of wasting money to figure out what was wrong with the original 350 I just invested in a friend coming to pick it up and start to work on the LSx swap. First an LSx needed to be located and just as I was about to come back to TX after Christmas I noticed a 60k mile 2011 Tahoe 5.3L/6L80e combo with harness for a very nice bargain. Had a friend that is going to do the swap for me stop by and look at it, when I asked about his thoughts he just told me "you bought it". Put down a deposit and picked up this beauty a few days later.

1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote