The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
Crewcabber

1969 C-20 To 1995 Suburban Suspension

Whats up guys lost my login info so I had to recreate my account. Anyways I have a chevy C-20 Long bed and can get a 1995 chevy suburban 1500. I want to know if anybody has done a frame swap like this or just suspension. The motor and trans in the suburban are good the suspension is good the interior is trashed and body is ok. I do not need the 69 to be a 3/4 ton. I would like to actually find a short bed frame and box for it but if I can throw it on the suburban frame i can shorten it later and find a short box.

Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks Dave
Crewcabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 1969 C-20 To 1995 Suburban Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewcabber View Post
Whats up guys lost my login info so I had to recreate my account. Anyways I have a chevy C-20 Long bed and can get a 1995 chevy suburban 1500. I want to know if anybody has done a frame swap like this or just suspension. The motor and trans in the suburban are good the suspension is good the interior is trashed and body is ok. I do not need the 69 to be a 3/4 ton. I would like to actually find a short bed frame and box for it but if I can throw it on the suburban frame i can shorten it later and find a short box.

Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks Dave

Well, I don't think it's a matter of "throwing" it on the later Burb frame. I think you would be looking at a lot of modification because of the frame differences. Yeah, anything is possible if you have a torch, welder and a lot of free time on your hands, but it sounds like you are looking for some quick results. That ain't gonna be it....... It would be easier to shorten your frame. There are instructions on here on how to do it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
Crewcabber

I knew it wouldn't be as easy as just throwing it on the suburban frame. I known the cab mounts would have to be changed and other things as well. Just curious to see if anybody else has used anything similar to swap their 67-72 trucks onto.
Crewcabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewcabber View Post
I knew it wouldn't be as easy as just throwing it on the suburban frame. I known the cab mounts would have to be changed and other things as well. Just curious to see if anybody else has used anything similar to swap their 67-72 trucks onto.

The easiest way to get quite a bit of information on this would be to type just the words "late model frame" into the "Google" search box at the top of this page, click on the circle in front of "67-72chevytrucks.com", and click on the "Google" button. Hits will include all forums/years so you will have to watch that.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote