The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #26
racecougar

Re: Swap Radiators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan K View Post
What fan are you using?
A two-speed fan for a 4.6L MN12 (Thunderbird/Cougar). It works/fits exceptionally well.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #27
72MARIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
Mario, I never received an email from your about that. We've been using the same trans cooler for over a decade with no overheating issues. I wonder if you either have air in the lines / system that hasn't purged, or if there isn't enough fluid in the system (you have to account for the cooler and lines when adding fluid). We've had these on tow rigs in the southwest pulling large trailers without issues, and we know they work. Feel free to pm or email me at sparky@rndfabrication.com / sales@rndfabrication.com.

I sent the email to the same email address I sent PayPal to. I am curious how hot tow rigs in the south west get ??
Attached Images

1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:10 PM   #28
72MARIO

I feel it's necessary to screen shot the entire email. And include the attached pitcure . I dont want to leave any information out. I can understand towing and 220 but not empty. Transmission was full of fluid and I verified the was flow coming out of the return line. The lines were to hot to touch. I took it to my transmission builder and he told me to park it until I added an external cooler.
Attached Images

1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #29
SparkyRnD

Your most recent email went to my spam folder, which may be why I didn't see the original email. I've marked it and your email as approved sender (shouldn't have that issue going forward).

All the years we've been in business we have only had 2 people with a trans cooler (they've been very reliable and the reason why we keep using them). It may be that your specific set up is too hot (fluid issue, converter issue, weight issue or location, or a combination of the above), could be specific conditions, etc. Hard to say. In that case, assuming everything is as it should be (tuning, correct fluid and amount of fluid, etc), your specific set up may need either a separate cooler that is used in conjunction with ours (plumb into the external cooler first, then into ours, then back to the trans), or a separate stand-alone trans cooler with built-fan that is used by itself. Both will quickly fix the issue, without knowing the specific cause.