The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2019, 10:34 PM   #26
dieseldawg142

Re: New bush buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Some good looking dogs. I'll bet you're never bored.
nope!
sometimes as i walk around the yard looking at what they been doing Dale, i just have to laugh over what they've done, or what they've dragged out to the yard...total puppies
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #27
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
i hear ya Paul!!
they've got a laundry list of eatens
so far:
6 pairs of shoes, including wife's $300 riding boots
all the landscape ties around wife's garden
chewed the poles on the boathouse
ate 5 beds so far
couple weeks ago Roxie "ate" a jar of my model super glue, she had cardboard and blanket stuck to her chops for a hour or so before we could remove it....
all kinds of misc auto parts off the shelfs in the garage
seat off the kids old bike
pretty much destroyed wife's lilac bushes...heh heh
but they have reserved most of their energy for the back yard and the fence.
backyard has about 15-20 holes dug in it, pretty much no grass left, and Rumble is the same as your shep, he opens doors with his paw, or as he has learned, if he leans on something hard enough, it gives...(the side fence)
not really complaining though, these 3 have'nt equaled the damage Dieseldawg did as a pup-approx 7 G's...
my yard has holes all over it, some are a couple feet deep, and you can see the new side fence i had to install after Rumble "leaned" on it. i give up filling holes, they see me fill them and they figure their mission is to empty them, so i'll just wait till the digging stage has passed before i fix.
Attachment 1930860Attachment 1930861

wife's riding boots
Attachment 1930862

a pair of my slippers that i still use
Attachment 1930863

Roxie has an affinity for cardboard in my shop. box of coil nails partially eaten, and further down a box of spikes
Attachment 1930864

and of course there is a bunch of small or minor stuff that turned on their taste buds, pillows, t-shirts, a bunch of my truck and car magazines, camera bag, a fishing rod, and ya, they like TP too.
pooping and peeing has been no prob, Rumble picked it up right away and basically taught the other two, at least we dodged that bullet
would'nt have it any other way...
You're lucky on the pooping peeing thing. When Duke drops a load you practically need a back hoe to clean it up.

I had a Great Dane a few years back and he would just ram his head into the fence and bust out the boards. My fence looked like a patchwork quilt with new boards and the old ones.
I came home from work one day and animal control was in front of my house. I thought "Oh cr@p" He did it again. I showed the animal control officer my fence and asked what was I supposed to do. He just keep breaking out. She said get one of those electric wires. I did and it worked. He never went near the fence again. And I did have some fun putting it in. I asked my son to hold the wire to see if it worked and gave him a zap. He jumped about a foot in the air and started yelling at me. Hehe. Sucker.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #28
dieseldawg142

a buddy of mine that lives really rural has one of them. said his dog got the hang of it reeeal fast...
i had thought about one for the front yard, we have just a hedge that the dogs walk threw, but then i stop and think about what their doing to the back yard...i got to have a decent front yard at least....
my mastiff used to break the boards on our fence, i even paid a little extra for thicker 1 inch boards in my cedar panels- did'nt really stop her though.
if you look at the pic of my fence now, i screw a 1x4 across the middle of every panel, stiffens them right up so harder to break- so far so good...
and is'nt it a law to do stuff like that to your off-spring??
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote