The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #26
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'62 POwer Brake Booster Adapter Bracket With A Clutch

I made a couple for the '60-'62's with manual brakes and an auto trans. It can be seen here in this thread......

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=357542&page=2

I could make one like that but have the provisions for the Wilwood clutch master cylinder. It would take a week or so and cost a little bit more. Let me now and I can get one going for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
I thought I saw somewhere that you offer a bracket for a manual MC with and the wilwood clutch MC. Am I crazy?

I would like to use a newer manual Brake MC with a separate Clutch MC for use with Disc Brakes, and to get rid of my stock dual MC.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Thanks for the info! I will need one eventually, I am overseas at the moment but will let you know when I am ready to have you make one, manufacturing time is not an issue, my stock parts still work. I'll give a couple weeks heads up anyways though.

I look forward to do business with you and really admire the work you have already done Captainfab.
Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for the compliment

Just let me know when you're ready. Are you over in the sand box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
Thanks for the info! I will need one eventually, I am overseas at the moment but will let you know when I am ready to have you make one, manufacturing time is not an issue, my stock parts still work. I'll give a couple weeks heads up anyways though.

I look forward to do business with you and really admire the work you have already done Captainfab.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #29
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Yeah, I am stuck in Iraq. Got called back after finishing my active contract leaving active duty Army in 2008. Ended up being placed with the Louisiana NG, may get to go home early in august but the rotation is until January.
Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Stay safe over there.....
Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
mrlush

Can you make this bracket for a '63? Can the clutch MC be added to your 63 bracket?

I want to put power brakes and a hydraulic clutch on my project, and your bracket looks like what I need to do it right.

Thanks
mrlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #32
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I can just drill 2 holes in the '60-'62 base plate and trim it off on the right side. Then it will work on the '63-'66's. I've done this for another member before. Are you going with a vacuum booster or hydroboost?

Let me know if this sounds like it would work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlush View Post
Can you make this bracket for a '63? Can the clutch MC be added to your 63 bracket?

I want to put power brakes and a hydraulic clutch on my project, and your bracket looks like what I need to do it right.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #33
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Just a little update.......

This kit will come with either a 3/4" bore clutch master or a 1" bore clutch master, depending on which slave cylinder you are using. Also I do not include the prebent steel line anymore. Most guys didn't seem to be using it.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #34
56taskforce

Ok I decided to post here instead of by another PM about getting one of your 60-62 brake booster and clutch master cylinder mounts, as this is how you get your business.
So every one here know what the question here was. I have a 64 C60 it has a hydraulic clutch like a 60-62 but being a 64 and a two ton we were not positive that this mount would work.
Ok now I took the time to clear the washer bottle mount and wires from the area in order to get better reference points and took some more pictures I studied your picture against mine and I don’t even think that the pedal return spring will have to be altered

I just got this truck it came to me as a ramp truck used to haul a dozer I plan on restoring the cab and chassis updating it’s drive train and turning it into a 5 yrd dump truck.
If you find this interesting keep watching as I will be stating a build thread one I get a good start.
Attached Images

56taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #35
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

With the washer reservior gone and a good clear shot, it looks like this conversion might just barely fit with the medium duty truck inner fenders. Is there just that one big return spring on the clutch pedal?

I made some progress today on the re-design of this conversion kit. I'm not done yet though.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #36
56taskforce

Yes that is the only spring. It looks like the push rod for the clutch cylinder will clear the spring an bracket as well. I can tell that the lower bolt that retains the spring bracket is the same hole that the push rod stand off bolts to.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #37
56taskforce

Well I am ready to try this bracket I will send you a PM and get all the info to get you paid and for shipping
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #38
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Sorry but the redesign isn't finished yet. Hopefully in 7-10 days.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #39
nbrfd007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrfd007 View Post
I have the same clutch setup as Mojakeke on a 62 GMC Suburban 4X4. Did you find a way to make it work on this setup?
Thanks,
Tim
Captain Fab,
Have you had any feed back from Mojakeke or others with the different spring location. Looking to go ahead for this with mine, keeping the drum brakes.
Thanks,
Tim
nbrfd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #40
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

No, no feedback. No one with a 4x4 has bought one. I don't know if that big return spring is a secondary spring that can be eliminated, or not. If it is the only return spring, maybe that one can be removed and replaced with one similar to a 2wd cab. In reading 56taskforce's post above, he thinks that the standoff will bolt on, on top of the spring bracket. If that will indeed work, the standoff will need to be shortened an amount equal to the thickness of the spring bracket.

Quote:
Captain Fab,
Have you had any feed back from Mojakeke or others with the different spring location. Looking to go ahead for this with mine, keeping the drum brakes.
Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by Captainfab; 04-07-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #41
nbrfd007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
No, no feedback. No one with a 4x4 has bought one. I don't know if that big return spring is a secondary spring that can be eliminated, or not. If it is the only return spring, maybe that one can be removed and replaced with one similar to a 2wd cab. In reading 56taskforce's post above, he thinks that the standoff will bolt on, on top of the spring bracket. If that will indeed work, the standoff will need to be shortened an amount equal to the thickness of the spring bracket.
Which would be the best master cylinder and booster to use with the factory drum brakes?
Thanks,
Tim
nbrfd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #42
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You can use any of the compatable boosters listed. Speaking of which, I will be updating the list in the near future. Keep in mind that you can also use a hydroboost unit with the addition of my hydroboost mounting plate. As for a master cylinder, you will want to use one for a '67-'70 truck with power brakes. Of course those will be a dual reservoir master, so you will need to split the lines. You will also need the proportioning or metering valve for the drum/ drum '67-'70 truck.

Quote:
Which would be the best master cylinder and booster to use with the factory drum brakes?
Thanks,
Tim
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #43
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The re-design of this kit has been complete, and it seems to be working well. Unfortunately due to the extra cost involved in the new design I need to raise the price on this kit by $20.00. So now the total is $199.50 plus the flat rate shipping cost of $14.00. I don't have any good installed pics of the new design yet. I will try and get some soon and post them here.

Last edited by Captainfab; 06-27-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #44
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Here are a few pics of the re-design of this kit. The new linkage assembly allows full stroke of the pedal, with plently of adjustment to fine tune it to your liking. Also there is more clearance to the wiring plug on the firewall next to the clutch master cylinder.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #45
codyshawn1974

i have a 63 gmc that i have already converted to 350 with sm465 manual from a 70 3/4 ton. i want to convert the front to 72 front end. i have the complete 72 suspension and crossmember intact. plus the steering box still attached to the draglink. i also have an nv3500 5 speed that i plan on swapping into it as finances come available. i am on a real tight budget so am doing as much as i can without farming any work out. i plan to get the 72 booster/ master cylinder assembly to match the brakes. the issue i am having is that when i do the tranny swap, it has a hydro clutch on the passenger side, not the driver. i figure i'll have to get the master/slave cylinder assembly for 93(?)ish with the hose installed like factory. will this bracket set up do what i want/need to do?
this is my daily driver/ work truck, so i can't have it down too long trying to work on it, when i really need to be working with it. i already plan to get the power steering bracket to match if this is what i need.
this is my old beast. it's not pretty, but i love it and drive it as much as i can. 4 speed with 36" glasspacks and dumps makes it fun to drive around town.
Attached Images

codyshawn1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #46
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yes this booster bracket and hydro clutch assembly should work for what you are needing. However, the '72 truck booster is not a direct bolt on with this bracket. The stud pattern is not the same as the holes in the bracket. I have had customers elongate the holes and use them. If you have not bought the booster yet, you might consider one of the compatable boosters listed in post #1. As for the slave cylinder, in my experience with the NV3500 slaves, they do have a threaded metric port on them. It should not be a big problem making up a line to connect it to the Wilwood clutch master cylinder. I can do some checking and see what I can come up with to simplify it.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #47
codyshawn1974

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0402&ppt=C0015

this is the clutch assembly i was planning on using. it matches the trans and the clutch in it. unless the set up you have is gonna save me some money that is. i'm trying to do it correctly but still maintain a budget.

i don't mind elongating the holes in the bracket abit to match up with what i have. it matches the brakes that are already there and it's $80 cheaper.

i want this bracket as well as the power steering one.
pm me with info for ordering plz. i can pay pal the funds.
codyshawn1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #48
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

That clutch master cylinder is not going to bolt up to this bracket without modification. This bracket is designed to use the Wilwood master cylinder, which can be sized to work with the OEM slave cylinder you would use for the NV3500.

Just to clarify, you can use any of the compatable boosters with the '72 master cylinder you have. You do not have to use the '72 booster with the '72 master cylinder.

I'll send you a PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #49
marhil61

Hello. I just bought a 1966 C 10 2wd with a 6 cylinder and NV3500 installed by the previous owner. The foot clutch/master cylinder is a homemade mess. Would your power brake/hydro clutch setup work on this truck? If so could you let me know what info you need from me to put a kit together. Your system looks slick and I hope it will work for me. Thanks, Mark.
marhil61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #50
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yes this setup would work, but I do have the parts to make a hydraulic clutch conversion for the '63-'66 trucks. It is basically the same as this one, but I eliminated some unnecessary material. The main info I will need is, what the bore is of the slave cylinder being used. I will need that info to be able to supply the correct clutch master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhil61 View Post
Hello. I just bought a 1966 C 10 2wd with a 6 cylinder and NV3500 installed by the previous owner. The foot clutch/master cylinder is a homemade mess. Would your power brake/hydro clutch setup work on this truck? If so could you let me know what info you need from me to put a kit together. Your system looks slick and I hope it will work for me. Thanks, Mark.