The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Black interior go with every stock color?

Does a black interior work with every stock shade offered? I was trying to think of a color that didn't work. I have a really nice new black interior (not stock pattern) in my K20 ... Just color dreaming.

I like the light green and light blue, and also like the dark greens.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: Black interior go with every stock color?

Speaking from a position of "art," white and black are "neutral colors" and go with anything.

I think black would be fine. I am keeping my truck as original as possible and am considering taking the seat back to the original type of vinyl it once was, black.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 11-09-2017 at 11:17 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:38 PM   #3
jocko

Yes, it does. The main question is does it go better with a given paint color than a different stock interior vinyl color? I used to think black was it for EVERY interior, car or truck, didn't matter. Guess I've gotten old. It now seems like a "base" interior color to me, for some reason, even though it's not. Personally, I think parchment, oddly, goes with just about Anything also (to Ten Ring's point - neutral). As for interior paint colors for which there are actually color coordinated vinyls (blue, olive, etc) - I tend to think those look the best. For paint colors for which there is NO coordinating vinyl like, say, a plain old white truck - parchment "works" (it better, I have one...) and black also works - but I think some sort of offsetting non-neutral color looks best (red, blue, saddle, olive). Same goes for a black paint truck in my mind.

But, having said all that, I still say YES, black can go with pretty much anything.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
Grumpy old man

Marina blue and white two tone

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...ucks/100888573
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:12 AM   #5
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

That's the beauty of black. It's never out of place. The only problem it could ever have is it "hides" in low lighting. It's also my favorite color for tires.

1971 GMC Sierra Grande 2WD 1/2 ton, 350/400 auto
2008 Chevy Silverado 2WD 1/2 ton LT1 5.3L auto
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:31 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

It will work with anything, but I don't like the contrast with certain colors and there are interior colors that look 10x better with certain colors than black. I was sittin' on red interior stuff for my '67, which is more limiting. I had ideas for more "interesting" paint/interior combinations than the more obvious ones. But in the end I stumbled on a black set of buddy buckets too nice to turn down, so change in direction. I expect to paint the truck a darker color now.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-11-2017 at 08:46 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
hewittca

I agree with most of the above. Yes, black will look good with any body color, but I don't think it looks best with every body color. For instance, black interior with white paint I think looks out of place. Then again, there are quite a few stock color combinations that just look odd to me, like my medium green truck with seafoam green interior. But, it's stock so I still like it more than if I were to do any other color combo.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote