The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #1
Slippy

72 Blazer build

Hey Everyone, so after using this forum for a few years now and having a complete addiction to the 1st gen Jimmy/Blazer I though I should post my current Blazer build project but first a bit of history on my Jimmy/blazer addiction...
About 5 years ago I bought my first 1970 Jimmy. I bought it as a partially started project, the PO had purchased a crap load of parts so it made buying it a no-brainer.I should mention that I am a red seal journeyman Autobody tech that quit doing body about 7 years ago..my job now lets me have a little more free time so I actually enjoy doing it now and so rust and bodywork doesn’t really scare me.(back to the Jimmy now). The Jimmy was tore completely apart and over the course of about 2 years is was completely redone..

I sold that Jimmy at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale last January and it sold for 34k..After I sold it there seemed to be a bit of a hole and I was looking for a new project but everything I looked at just wasn’t a 1st gen Blazer/Jimmy. The itch for another one wouldn’t go away,lol.

I bought a 72 blazer across the country sight unseen and had it shipped to me. This one was a 15 year old resto that was a nice driver and my family and I banged around in it all spring but after a a guy that worked for me wouldn’t leave me alone about it I ended up selling it to him and the hunt was back on....

Sure enough another one popped up on a Canadian wide used car site and my dad and I took the 10 hour drive to go look at it.. I purchased it and made our way back home with it.

The Orange Jimmy is the one that I rebuilt and sold at auction, the green one is the one I flipped.
Attached Images

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote