The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
67 C-10 LWB

Question possibly parting truck

Ok, I'm comtemplating POSSIBLY parting out my truck. What I want to know is what are some ballpark figures for decent parts (bed, doors, cab, fenders, grill, radiator support, etc).
I've been trying to sell it for 4,000 dollars for quite a while now and haven't had any luck, and I need to get rid of it, and I need the cash. Also how much should I ask for the engine, it's a 69 327 block, bored .030, edelbrock performer RPM heads and cam, performer intake, edelbrock 1407 carb w/ approx 4.000 miles on it. Runs nice. Any ball park figures are appreciated. Also if anyone is interested in parts, post here w/ how much you would pay and if I do part it, I'll let you know. Thanks

Ean
Pics here

2006 Trailblazer (wifes)

2 '04 KFX400's

My Site
67 C-10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Your truck is quite a bit too nice to part out. I wouldn't part it, you would be basically destroying a good looking, running and driving truck. I would give the truck a nice wax and detail, and put it on Ebay. It should sell there.

Oh, BTW, i know a lot of people love 3-on-the-trees, but for someone buying a truck, they can be almost scary to use if they are not familliar with one, and i have seen many people walk away from a good truck with a good price just because it has the 3 speed tranny. A swap to a auto may be a good idea to help get rid of it a bit quicker, and wont cost more than a few hundred dollars.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
67 C-10 LWB

thanks for the info
Truck looks nicer in the pics then it does in person, those are about 1 or 2 old, bottom of doors starting to rust out a little, bondo in cab corners and rockers (P/O did that) cab mounts are shot, inner fenders have holes in corners. And I just don't have time or money to try changing stuff out like going to auto or fixing it up, plus the better the condition of my parts, the more money it will pull, so if you know someone who will buy it whole 4K takes it, otherwise any input on parts prices would be appreciated, thanks again
Ean

2006 Trailblazer (wifes)

2 '04 KFX400's

My Site
Old 06-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
bpmcgee

I haven't seen your truck, but I know that a vehicle in decent shape is usually worth more than the sum of it's parts.

If it's a complete wreck, however, that tends to reverse itself.

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
jewels.

DON'T PART IT!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That is a great truck! Those 67-68 trucks are pretty (IMHO), and that one is running and driving.

I have a 3-on-the-tree, but I *love* driving it. It took a little getting used to, but it is so nostalgic. I would never trade it up for anything!

I wish I had the money to pick it up from ya, but I am just finishing my degree, and I must find a job first! I HAVE NO MONEY! Maybe after that, I'll start collecting!

I agree with the other posters --- don't part it out, especially when it is running well. Be patient. Try ebay. Take some more recent pictures. Take lots of pictures. The more pictures you have, the better chance it sells (IMO). Make another plea to the board.

ISN'T THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO NEEDS ANOTHER ONE OF THESE?!?!?

I certainly hate to see another one of these trucks be parted! I always hope that they will be around forever.

Good luck!

jewels.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:12 PM   #6
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

please don't part out that pretty thing ! ! !

i know exactly what you mean about pics being nicer than real life but ... imo you'll get way more out of it than parting it out ..try ebay and just be patient .... if i had the dough i'd give you close to that for it

all in all its too bad you even have to sell it

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #7
Baradium
Binder Rep

The rust will be why people haven't been giving you $4200 for it. I don't know what the parts go for though either.

The stuff with rust won't really bring all that much.

What parts do you have that are in good shape? IE: clean, rustfree, undented? And what just has a little rust? And what just has dents?

Anything special about the axle?

Wheels?

3spd won't bring anything, I don't think, because they are easy to find everywhere.

A problem with 3spd trucks is that they are a nightmare if they aren't in good shape linkage wise. We had a '65 3spd and it was a joy to drive. Knew someone else with one and you had to be REALLY careful not to jam that collumn up. Not fun on the road.

The engine, you'll get some out of that, but don't expect to get what you put into it, because it's no longer a "new" rebuilt, it's a low milage used. It's also an unknown to most people because it is rebuilt and they won't know what you did to it in the rebuild, quality of the shop or parts. Do you have receipts?
Baradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #8
dinnut

no! dont part it!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #9
67 C-10 LWB

I understand about the rust, the rust is on bottom corners of doors and very little on bottom of front fender by corner of door, I'm not sure the extent as the paint is over and it's mainly bubbling, but there is some cracking in the paint starting, no rust showing anywhere else on body, I'll get pics of it maybe this weekend if I can.
I have most recepits if not all of engine rebuild, bottom end is basically stock, stock crank ground .10/.10, stock rods(they were magnafluxed first), cast .030 over pistons, moly rings, everything else was new on top end except the intake/carb
nothing special about rearend, 3.08 non-posi

2006 Trailblazer (wifes)

2 '04 KFX400's

My Site

Last edited by 67 C-10 LWB; 06-05-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #10
Mark540

I have been selling parts from my suburban and let me tell you DON'T DO IT!!! I am going a different direction than stock for the Burb, so I was getting rid of parts that I didn't need. It is very hard to get alot of the things sold and then you are left with a half parted truck worth nothing and a little bit of money. Take your estimate for the parts you think you can get and divide by 4. This is for the parts you won't sell and the parts you have to discount to get rid of. Exceptions would be tach dash, posi, completely rust free parts, etc.

On the other hand unfortunately you may be asking too much for what your truck needs/condition and what the options it has on it.

I hope I don't come across too bad, just trying to lend some advise.
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 w/20's
Mark540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #11
67 C-10 LWB

Yes, thats what I don't want, to end up with good parts gone and then left w/ pieces of a truck that I cannot get rid of. Most parts are in good shape, or better then most people have, so I would hope I would be able to get rid of them, anyone else have ideas on a ball park figure for prices of these parts, more specifically what these would run around Michigan, indiana, ohio area, thanks again for your info

Ean

2006 Trailblazer (wifes)

2 '04 KFX400's

My Site
Old 06-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #12
tom hand
CCRider

If you part it you'll be sorry. You can part one out and make more money than you can get get for the whole thing but it takes time. The biggest problem is the economy...everybody and their brother has a used car for sale, and nobody's got any money. Your proably going to have to wait till the economy picks up or drop the price.