The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
tripleblack
short sell Ford stock

Classic Performance Products and their horrible customer service...

I dont know if anyone has dealt with CPP before but i must say i am very @*$*ing dissatisfied with them. I just ordered a rear gas tank conversion kit from them and i regret it. It has been a week since i ordered it and i wait on hold for over 1 hour! then when i finally talk to somebody i had the decency to not mention how long i waited and get straight to business. Come to find out that they have not even processed my order and it is going to take another 8 days before it even gets sent out! I am sorry for blabbing but i must let my fellow board members know. I have dealt with ECC and they are great. I got my drop kit from ECC in like 3 days and customer service was stellar. Just letting you guys know.
tripleblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
Joe67
67 is sold

Re: Classic Performance Products and their horrible customer service...

ECE rules

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
jimmydean

And that's why I bought from GMC Pauls

Sorry to hear of your pain. I saw how cheap it was through them, but with the service I get from GMC Pauls, I won't go elsewhere unless I have to.

I ordered the clear marker lights from them. I installed them, then about 2 weeks later, I noticed the chrome trim rings were loose and I lost 2 of them off the rear drivers light. I sent him an email asking if I could buy some more, but the trim isn't available seperate. So he sent me out a whole new light via Priority Mail FOR FREE! Sure it's only a couple bucks for the part an shipping, but THAT is good service.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
71chevytruckguy

i've got the 3.5/5 drop kit from my '71 and aluminum gas tank from them no problem. no problem with cumstomer service. the only thing i've had trouble with is them messin up the shipping costs, which a simple phone call fized. i would buy from them again. good parts. chris.

71 c-10 lwb, in the middle of frame off restoration.

69 c-10 swb, drag truck, 406 sbc, balanced, comp 292 cam, ported, polished, gasket matched, and bowl blended pro comp 210cc heads, 2.02/1.60 ferrea valves,1.6 roller rockers, re curved hei with msd 6al box, 2-step rev limter, accel 300+ wires, ported victor jr intake, holley 750 double pumper carb, dynomax 1 5/8 headers, 4 spd munci m-20 with super case and iron midplate, mr. gasket vertigate shifter, 5.38 pro gears with full spool, 33 spline moser axles and c-clip elimators, line-loc, 5 gal fuel cell, holley blue pump.
7.807 @ 88.37mph 1.60 60FT

80 g-20 van, tow rig, cammed 305, th350, 10 bolt

88 jeep wrangler, dd, 258, ax-15 swap, 4.5" lift, 33x12.50's, lockers, 3.55's
71chevytruckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
gmtruckfan

I have restored a number of 64-66 and 67-72 trucks with Classic Performance Products Disc kits and lowering kits and have never had a problem with their Customer Service.
gmtruckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Ive had OK with their products.They seem to be good quality. I have got their products via board vendors that drop ship from them.

This can be useful for some like me that wants a product from CPP but doesnt want to pay California sales tax.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

I Have mixed emotions regarding CPP. Their wait time to get ahold of someone IS abominable. I've made that very clear to them. I've also given up and called elsewhere to order things I need because of that. But they do have quality stuff and the prices are great. You do NEED to ask if the item you want is in stock. They won't tell you if they don't have it. My other gripe is that I just got my 2" lowering blocks yesterday and realized they shipped and billed for UPS 3-day select. I did not request this. I told the guy on the phone last friday that I needed for them to get to me by this friday. He never said anything about 3 day select. WTF?? I'm calling tonight to complain.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
Jimbotronics
YA YA

I would tend to have to agree with 67Fleet. I do like their quality and prices. However, I don't like the wait time. Plus every oder I've placed with them has had something wrong with it. Last week I ordered upper/lower control arm shafts, upper ball joints (already have the lowers), bumper stops, and rear shock relocators. I get the package yesterday - No shock relocators and the wrong bumber stops.. Got 'em on the horn and they are correcting the problem.

It's this very thing that makes rebuilding a pain.. it's not just cpp it's a good portion of vendors. Now now now - no need to go getting all rawled up, I'm not saying 'all'. But I can say that I've order a lot of parts from many different vendors.

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #9
Alvin
Never Done?

I ordered lowering blocks and a c-notch through them, and while the packaging was no where near ECE's packaging, I had zero problems with the service I received.

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #10
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

One of the problems is the 6 dollar part picker, they don't have much incentive to do quality work at the wage.

Most of the vendor know that if they tell you they don't have the part or its back ordered when you order it you most likely will cancel the entire order and order it where they have all of it. The entire web order industry and mail order houses for any type of item are the same way. I always enter a note at the bottom of the order screen to cancel any part on back order and ship only complete orders. Unfortunately it usualy takes a phone call to find out if and what shipped.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote