The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
truckmannorth

newbe to site with a new project!!

Hi everyone.
New to the site but been around cars my whole life (mecaninc for last 20 years.)
Love the information on here. Been reading a lot of older posts and keeping up with some of the newer ones also.
Decided I needed to start my own post and ask a question.
First off I'm building a 1988 lwb 4x4 1ton crew cab to pull our camping trailer.
It has a stock 454 and TH400 with the NP205 case. Dana 60 front Dana 70 rear and 4:10 ratio. LOVE the truck hate the fuel milage. Body is ok have a friend redoing the body for me. I'm no body man at all but he has the replasment doors and box looking very srtaight allmost ready for paint!! truck will be white and still deciding on stripes of some sort.
Anyway for my question; this spring I will be converting the trans to a 4L80E I understand how to get everything matted up and will be using an ecm and wiring harness from an early 90's chevy truck (a friend just bought 6 at an auction so plenty to chose from). but here is my question; I know I need the ecm, drac, and the harness do I need any thing else??? did GM use a bcm in the early 90's trucks and if they did do I need it? Also any other "upgrades" I can snag form them??
Sorry for the long first post and yes there will be photos comming soon(it's raining here).
Thanks in advance for any and all advice I have seen for older posts how helpfull everyone is here
Dale
truckmannorth is offline   Reply With Quote