The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2020, 08:57 AM   #1
67C10Step

Fuse Size?

So, I was working on straightening out a bit of wiring on my 67 over the weekend and had a mishap. The junction block on the right side fender by the battery has the fusible link from the battery to the junction block, then a 12 gage red wire that runs across the core support to join up with the alternator/voltage regulator, etc. and then there is the 18 gage black wire with a fuse that says it goes to the engine harness connection, or at least that's what is says on my wiring diagram.

Anyone know what size the fuse is? Mine got broken by a dropped tool. From the filament it doesn't look too large. It is not listed on my wiring diagram but I am sure I have something I can splice back in there. My father in law had a Radio Shack back in the 1980's and I got a TON of glass fuses and all sorts of fuse hardware.

Thanks in advance.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
kwmech

Re: Fuse Size?

The fuse you are describing is for the amp gauge--there is another one on the left fender also. They both take a 4 amp fuse--it's a short one also
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Fuse Size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
So, I was working on straightening out a bit of wiring on my 67 over the weekend and had a mishap. The junction block on the right side fender by the battery has the fusible link from the battery to the junction block, then a 12 gage red wire that runs across the core support to join up with the alternator/voltage regulator, etc. and then there is the 18 gage black wire with a fuse that says it goes to the engine harness connection, or at least that's what is says on my wiring diagram.

Anyone know what size the fuse is? Mine got broken by a dropped tool. From the filament it doesn't look too large. It is not listed on my wiring diagram but I am sure I have something I can splice back in there. My father in law had a Radio Shack back in the 1980's and I got a TON of glass fuses and all sorts of fuse hardware.

Thanks in advance.
If your talking about the little black rubber fuse holder right by the passenger fender it's a 4 amp fuse.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #4
67C10Step

Re: Fuse Size?

That's it fellas! Thanks and I would be surprised if I didn't have one. I would bet I got at least a hundred of those little five piece boxes of round fuses of all sizes and amperage.

I won't go so far as to say I am anal retentive enough to have them all organized by size/amp in my cabinet, but I might be.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote