The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
acdcrulz

Thumbs down beware

Just a warning to all members of this board. If you are contacted by a member with the user name "Rustd67", be careful. He agreed to buy a buddy seat from me and was in the process of paying via Paypal or money order and then he came up missing. He wouldn't return numerous calls or texts, I wouldn't ship anything to him without getting your money first.
acdcrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Re: beware

He probly changed his mind ,,, that happens a lot ,,,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
X2. I looked at your sale thread and I see no response from this member...

Not a "bad deal" since there never was a deal to begin with.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

1. there was no deal made in the thread (please review the selling guidelines)
2. there was no money exchanged
3. there was no bad deal

at swap meets it would be called a tire kicker.. not a felon
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
acdcrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
Obviously he changed his mind, no argument there. The fashion in which he "changed his mind" was what I was trying to warn others about.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
acdcrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
X2. I looked at your sale thread and I see no response from this member...

Not a "bad deal" since there never was a deal to begin with.
You made the mistake of assuming that just because there was "no response from this member" on the sale thread then there was no deal to begin with. I'm sure you've heard of private message. I'm just trying to help keep someone else from falling into the trap that I did.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
acdcrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
3. there was no bad deal

It's very tiresome to try to help people only to have them make wrong assumptions about a situation that you are trying to protect them from.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcrulz View Post
You made the mistake of assuming that just because there was "no response from this member" on the sale thread then there was no deal to begin with. I'm sure you've heard of private message. I'm just trying to help keep someone else from falling into the trap that I did.
The only thing I assumed was a PM sale...and you just proved me correct. PM sales are agianst board rules. Please review them as Liz stated above. NO money was exchanged so there was NO deal to begin with.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Since we have made a wrong assumption, please show us otherwise. I am always willing to help folks whom have had bad deals. However, I see no posting that shows any form of deal.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=237&a=8

Quote:
III.All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.
Quote:
VII.Use a fair time frame for receiving payment. Two weeks is the standard. If you choose to give less or more time state it clearly in the ad. If you have not received payment in a fair amount of time, move on to the next inline, or relist your item.
It is tiresome for me, and the staff as a whole to have to repeat the guidelines time and time again. They are posted globally to avoid situations such as this. However, if I am wrong and missed something, please link it here and let me know. Until then it is he said, she said and not a bad deal.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
acdcrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
The only thing I assumed was a PM sale...and you just proved me correct. PM sales are agianst board rules. Please review them as Liz stated above. NO money was exchanged so there was NO deal to begin with.
I had no idea that the board rules prevented PM sales. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was:

1. Sell my seat.
2. Communicate with a person that PM'ed me about seat.
3. Agree on a price and get the seat to said person.

I'm a little fuzzy as to why there is a policy against PM sales, but this is not my board. I'm sorry if I've missed something.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I provided a link that is global on the site. It is a guideline for selling and buying. Ignorance of the rules and guidelines posted are not an excuse. That would be like running a red light and saying oh I thought it was optional. I don't see why I should stop until it is green, if no cars are coming.

I would suggest reviewing the guidelines I linked, and relisting the seats. I fully understand the frustration in folks backing out. It is equally frustrating to us when users do not follow the guidelines in place and then complain of issues.

Good luck with your future sales.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
acdcrulz

Quote:
Since we have made a wrong assumption, please show us otherwise. I am always willing to help folks whom have had bad deals. However, I see no posting that shows any form of deal.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=237&a=8

It is tiresome for me, and the staff as a whole to have to repeat the guidelines time and time again. They are posted globally to avoid situations such as this. However, if I am wrong and missed something, please link it here and let me know. Until then it is he said, she said and not a bad deal.

Thanks.
My apologies for causing the staff to "repeat the guidelines time and time again". The fact that the guidelines have to be repeated (apparently often) might be an indication of a problem with reading comprehension on my part. Or could it be a problem with a somewhat mystifying board rule?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Your logic is amusing. You stated you did not know there were guidelines. That again is not an excuse. They are there posted for all to see. It is the users responsibility to read all rules and guidelines on the site, not ours to walk you by hand to do so. They are clearly posed, clearly stated, reviewed by legal representation, and not an issue for most of the 100k plus members. I strongly suggest not turning this into a pissing match because you are upset over not selling your part. That rarely ends well for anyone
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #14
acdcrulz

Quote:
Your logic is amusing. You stated you did not know there were guidelines. That again is not an excuse. They are there posted for all to see. It is the users responsibility to read all rules and guidelines on the site, not ours to walk you by hand to do so. They are clearly posed, clearly stated, reviewed by legal representation, and not an issue for most of the 100k plus members. I strongly suggest not turning this into a pissing match because you are upset over not selling your part. That rarely ends well for anyone
Tell you what, since you think my logic is so amusing and you think I'm trying make excuses about my ignorance of the board rules, let's just delete this entire thread. I was simply trying to help members of this board, not incite the moderators.

I think this board is a great thing and I enjoy being allowed to be a member.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

You started it to warn members yet want it deleted now. We try not to delete threads if they have a basis in warning. If we do delete it and future issues arise similar to this it makes it hard to track and find a solution. I believe the original intent of the moderators was to point out there is no deal shown on the thread and to figure out what was going on. I don't think they were amused just merely getting frustrated with those not reading the guidelines. We keep our guidelines to the minimum we can without trying to dictate every aspect allowing buyers and sellers flexibility in making a deal. We however have a hard time stepping in to help solve matters between matters if it is not in the open. It turns into a your word against mine deal. Having to sit here and explain it to you and you constantly bucking up against them does nothing for the site except take valuable staff time away from pressing matters to deal with a non issue.

If someone says they will take it, until they have paid by paypal or said they have sent a money order it's not sold. If they drop communication I'd move on to the next person.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
vsoree

edited by staff

Last edited by Liz; 04-10-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: trolling
vsoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #17
acdcrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
You started it to warn members yet want it deleted now. We try not to delete threads if they have a basis in warning. If we do delete it and future issues arise similar to this it makes it hard to track and find a solution. I believe the original intent of the moderators was to point out there is no deal shown on the thread and to figure out what was going on. I don't think they were amused just merely getting frustrated with those not reading the guidelines. We keep our guidelines to the minimum we can without trying to dictate every aspect allowing buyers and sellers flexibility in making a deal. We however have a hard time stepping in to help solve matters between matters if it is not in the open. It turns into a your word against mine deal. Having to sit here and explain it to you and you constantly bucking up against them does nothing for the site except take valuable staff time away from pressing matters to deal with a non issue.

If someone says they will take it, until they have paid by paypal or said they have sent a money order it's not sold. If they drop communication I'd move on to the next person.
I'll try this one more time. Yes I started the thread to try and prevent anyone from having the misfortune that I have experienced. Yes I suggested that the thread be deleted because of the apparent extreme grief that I was causing the moderators. In my post I didn't ask anyone to decide whether there was a deal or not, nor did I ask anyone to help me figure out what was going on. Further I did not ask the moderators to step in and solve my problem. I fully understand the "he said, she said" trap. Additionally I wish for no one to spend their valuable time baby sitting me.

I was in the purest sense of the word just trying to HELP. For the love of all that is Holy, I did not mean to cause problems. Accusing me of constantly bucking up against them is your viewpoint. My viewpoint is that I meant no harm and I was trying to do the board a good service. When a couple of moderators took a swing at me for doing what I thought was a good deed, it didn't sit well with me. I've already apologized for my lack of reading skills. I've already suggested that if my post is wasting everyone's time then delete the whole works. I'm not sure what else to do to make it better other than just go back to being a visitor to the board and admire the sweet trucks and reading the posts of people that apparently know how to obey the rules.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
I'll try this one more time. Yes I started the thread to try and prevent anyone from having the misfortune that I have experienced.
That is exactly what this area is here for, and not a bit of any of the previous issue.

Quote:
Yes I suggested that the thread be deleted because of the apparent extreme grief that I was causing the moderators.
One of my "jobs" as a site administrator is to step in and help clear up bad deals. When someone posts in the review area, it automatically alerts powerdriver and myself via email. There is no grief in this, just a lack of understanding. I have only tried to show you why, nothing more, or less.

Quote:

In my post I didn't ask anyone to decide whether there was a deal or not, nor did I ask anyone to help me figure out what was going on. Further I did not ask the moderators to step in and solve my problem. I fully understand the "he said, she said" trap.
Again, what I said above, in addition not replying would be letting someone get a bad name without getting the facts. That is just not cool. I am sure you would not appreciate it being done to you.

Quote:
Additionally I wish for no one to spend their valuable time baby sitting me.
We are replying to the questions and or statements made. It is a message board, that's how it works.. folks post, replies are made. In not doing so, we are not doing our jobs.

Quote:
I was in the purest sense of the word just trying to HELP.
Exactly my position. I have zero reason to post in reply to you just because. We are here to help show you what went wrong, and hopefully prevent it from happening again. If someone reading this learns something, that helps also.

Quote:
For the love of all that is Holy, I did not mean to cause problems. Accusing me of constantly bucking up against them is your viewpoint. My viewpoint is that I meant no harm and I was trying to do the board a good service.
If you review the replies, they do come across as quite defensive. Perhaps unintentional, but does tend to get the same tone in replies.

Quote:
When a couple of moderators took a swing at me for doing what I thought was a good deed, it didn't sit well with me.
Please show me where exactly I came at you swinging? I simply pointed out that it was not a bad deal, and showed the guidelines to explain it in my first few replies.

Quote:
I've already apologized for my lack of reading skills. I've already suggested that if my post is wasting everyone's time then delete the whole works.
The deleting posts was explained in Josh's reply.

Quote:
I'm not sure what else to do to make it better other than just go back to being a visitor to the board and admire the sweet trucks and reading the posts of people that apparently know how to obey the rules.
No one asked you to lurk, or feel as if you are not valuable as a member. The only thing we ask is that you review the rules, and follow them. Just as all members are expected to do.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
...I wouldn't ship anything to him without getting your money first.
I appreciate your sentiment of wanting to help others. But,some words to offer on dealings in general,as it seems you've not dealt with selling much. I apologize if that's an incorrect assumption,but that's what I'm seeing in your words.

Just him? Isn't it customary to wait to be paid first,then send the part to anyone? I have had members go ahead and ship a part as soon as I said I would take it. I consider that an honor I must have earned and it makes me feel great,but certainly would never expect it.
I see this as the same as at swap meets when a guys says "I'll be back" with no intention of returning,or "I'll think about it",then come back and be upset because the item was sold. It happens so much it's a standing joke with vendors. I've heard them talk about making signs that say,"Think about it here". It happens with Craigslist. People say they'll be there at certain time,the seller plans around that,and they never call or show. It's just the way selling is. It's not sold till the money is in your hand. That's why people trade cars in for such a loss. It voids all the hassles of selling and they pay for the convenience.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-13-2014 at 07:00 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #20
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I know exactly how you feel about the member not responding..I sell on craiglist and I have had tons and tons of people e-mail me wanting pictures..or asking info..and I never heard back..I fully agree it does get really upsetting...I would e-mail and ask if they where still interested and no response...I do think that the member who wanted to buy your part could take a few minuts and let you know he changed his mind...not like it would take that long..but... something else may have happened. And yes..the moderators aren't out to try an down you..they are here to help. They just wanted to make sure you had all the facts..and all is cool. I'm sorry you had this experience and hope you sell your parts. It was a simple misunderstanding is all...and like you.. sometimes I forget the rules to...I'm sure almost all of us do sometimes. T.J.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

I've had things for sale at Carlisle Trucks. A guy will pick a part up worth $75,asks how much,I say "50",he asks "take 25?",I say "sure",he puts it down and walks away. I turn to a friend and ask,"What the heck just happened here?" . Was he just testing his dicker power? If he needed that part he had it in his hand at 1/3 it's value and he walked away. People can be strange creatures

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #22
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Quote:
3. there was no bad deal

Great way of putting it!!

acdcrulz, its too bad you have had to go through this experience but I have found that the easiest thing to do is simply block that person on your account an move on. Most "boards" are full of time wasters and they are very tiresome especially if you are trying to earn a living from this. They either get caught up in the moment or they don't ask for permission before they pull the trigger. When I was buying and selling 67-72's and also parting them out I would say that a solid 70% of communications or questions I received were from time wasters and that was from using boards only. Then Craig's list came along. Now 98% of all communications are time wasters. I eventually was not able to deal with it and stopped selling all together other than a vehicle now and again. look at my catch phrase below...It says it all!

"Time wasters, Looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've had things for sale at Carlisle Trucks. A guy will pick a part up worth $75,asks how much,I say "50",he asks "take 25?",I say "sure",he puts it down and walks away. I turn to a friend and ask,"What the heck just happened here?" . Was he just testing his dicker power? If he needed that part he had it in his hand at 1/3 it's value and he walked away. People can be strange creatures

I use to really have fun with these idiots! You can normally spot them a mile away. As they would start, I would quickly say to them "I only negotiate with cash". Hand me what you are willing to pay. It turns a time wasting event into a game and makes it less painful!
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!

Last edited by 72freak; 04-13-2014 at 08:09 AM.
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #23
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Just a warning to all members of this board. If you are contacted by a member with the user name "Rustd67", be careful. He agreed to buy a buddy seat from me and was in the process of paying via Paypal or money order and then he came up missing. He wouldn't return numerous calls or texts, I wouldn't ship anything to him without getting your money first.
It is good that you raised a flag on this and I certainly hope you did NOT send your buddy seats to this member without payment first.

If I had .50 cents for every parson that said "I will take it" or payment sent" and then got nothing, I would not be sitting here. I would be on a warm beach with a fruity drink and my toes in the sand.

If I also had .50 cents for every time I quoted a price for a tach cluster build or restoration, I would be on the same beach with two fruity drinks, one in each hand. I don't really look at it as a waste of time to quote a job. That is part of my job as a business. If I get 2 sales out of 10 quotes, that is a good day. If I had a thread with the names of every person that never responded to a quote, it would jamb the server for a week.

If you are going to sell parts on this forum or any other forum, you have to understand that until you have "payment in hand or bank" whether it is via paypal or money order" there is no deal.

Another thing, you can NEVER assume anything online. This person may have had some personal issue that prevented him from responding back to you. We all have personal lives.

It looks as though you are new to this forum. I am a member of about 6 different forms and I will tell you this is by far the best one on the internet. You will never get any better support and help from other members as you do here.

I would not let one "No Deal" mess up your day.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

It seems to me the "lookey Lou's" or "tire Kickers" come out more in the spring. I sell a few parts and hate posting to CL, especially around here (due to competition)!
I usually keep one ad on there with a lot of pictures of several large items I have for sale so any person can see and assume I have other parts based on the pictures posted. I get 10 calls or emails to every person that buys what they inquire about on here.
I cant imagine the enormous problem Randy (Teeitup) has with this type of thing.
Keep in mind on here you are showing parts to people that are 100% interested in these trucks... unlike CL. Yes CL people search for the parts but most people call based on the first page from CL.
As a test, take your ad to the top and refresh it and you will get new callers which shows me they are looking at the first page not necessarly searching for your specific part.
Sorry for the disertation just steady the course and there is a buyer for every part... just be patient.

Mike

Last edited by Cash3481; 08-08-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #25
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

There are alot of them out there, I deal with them all the time. I sell on 3 sites on facebook, 2 craigslist, on here, I've went to first to pay anymore on the guys local. I've got a list of guys on this board that has told me they wanted part and was sending money, but I never see it. Its only a small percentage of bad apples, I'd say 1-2%, so thats not bad, but its still frustrating. I get guys calling me say I'm not one of those guys who don't show up, but then he ends up not showing up. I usually setup time to meet when I have nothing else major going on, then I'm not out my time
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote