The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
BuckMaster

Hey guys! New to the forum... and excited.

Hello everyone! Where have you guys been all my life, I just found this site the other day, and have been dying to post, but had to wait on the mod approval.

Little bit about me and my truck:

I live in SW Virginia, 20yo getting married in August so any major mods to my truck... is just gonna have to wait

I have a 1969 Chevrolet C-10, which I have a lot of questions for other threads. It was my fisrt vehicle that my parents bought me for $900 with no motor, and I had to do the rest.

Now given I was only working at a resturaunt making $5 and hour I think Ive came pretty far... but what a long way I have to go...

A little bit about it:

The Engine is a 283c.i. .030 over, edelbrock performer cam/intake, Holley 600cfm, HEI Distributor, Nice exhaust with headers and 3" all the way back into 2 V-Force mufflers and 3" the rest of the way out.

Started out with a Saginaw 3-ring 4-speed... yeh it was pretty much gone when I got it. Then I went to a Borg Warner T-10... Got tired of that and swapped it out for a TH-350 and put a shift kit and 2200 stall.

The wheel hop was just so bad with a straight, Going auto took care of it. I tore so u-joints out, finally had to take it to a gear shop and they made me a new drive shaft, and 1-ton yoke and balanced right. never had anymore problem. Geared 3.73 Open(about to change the "Open" but thats another thread)

I know this truck was put together from parts of 3 different trucks... I could be wrong, but I wonder if I don't have a c20 frame.... It's 6-lugs with leaf springs in the rear...?

Here are some pics....

When I brought her home about 5 years ago...

Dropped the motor in...

Dressed it up...

Engine Looks different now with different wires/ and distributor. and Alot dirtier.

And Now... That wasn't 05 btw, never set the date on the camera.

All and all she still need a lot of work, Ive got a built double hump head 327 Im dying to buy, but marrige is making it impossible right now... which is ok. I even come close to selling it, but I dont know what its worth to someone else, definitely not what its worth to me.

Last edited by BuckMaster; 04-28-2009 at 09:40 AM.
BuckMaster is offline   Reply With Quote